Tunnel security breaches cause scare in city

I'm working with a friend in the NJ state assembly to have the PATH funding reduced if there photo Policy isn't overturned. Since i pointed out , a Public place and Govt Agency can not deny the right to Freedom of Speech. He says regardless of Terriost threats....he said they create a program like Amtrak.... I'm surprised the ACLU hasn't sued the PA yet over this policy... I guess they assumed it went away like the MTA policy. I have a feeling the POST , added some flavor to this article.... How do you walk through a PATH tunnel even if it closed , people are working in the tubes. I haven't heard about this in the Jersey Journal or Star Ledger? I'm beginning to think it was made up...

I'm working with a friend in the NJ state assembly to have the PATH funding reduced if there photo Policy isn't overturned. Since i pointed out , a Public place and Govt Agency can not deny the right to Freedom of Speech. He says regardless of Terriost threats....he said they create a program like Amtrak.... I'm surprised the ACLU hasn't sued the PA yet over this policy... I guess they assumed it went away like the MTA policy. I have a feeling the POST , added some flavor to this article.... How do you walk through a PATH tunnel even if it closed , people are working in the tubes. I haven't heard about this in the Jersey Journal or Star Ledger? I'm beginning to think it was made up...

As I said before, there has to be a common sense 'compromise' on taking pics on mass transit hubs or bridges/tunnels. If a person wants to a take a pic of a public train station, it should be allowed. However a 'sensative' places such as the location of the 'money train' for NYC subways or train dispatch towers then I can understand needing 'special permission.'

As I said before, there has to be a common sense 'compromise' on taking pics on mass transit hubs or bridges/tunnels. If a person wants to a take a pic of a public train station, it should be allowed. However a 'sensative' places such as the location of the 'money train' for NYC subways or train dispatch towers then I can understand needing 'special permission.'

I use common sense when fanning , not in sensitive areas...but common place areas... The PA also seems to apply there rules if your in a car , which they cannot do....i was yelled at for having a camera mounted on my dashboard... The PA is to sucked up with its power , yet they violate there own rules by showing off sensitive areas of the PATH...

I use common sense when fanning , not in sensitive areas...but common place areas... The PA also seems to apply there rules if your in a car , which they cannot do....i was yelled at for having a camera mounted on my dashboard... The PA is to sucked up with its power , yet they violate there own rules by showing off sensitive areas of the PATH...

By the toll plazas people?

iirc i remember hearing somewhere the PATH photo policy was established well before 9/11 or any terrorist attack to prevent people from taking photos of graffiti...

IMO anyone who bans photography means they are HIDING SOMETHING..there is something they do not want people to carry evidence of.

banning photography does absolutely nothing in the aiding of preventing terrorist attacks- all it does is just limit our civil rights and get people in trouble for something petty and stupid like this.

iirc i remember hearing somewhere the PATH photo policy was established well before 9/11 or any terrorist attack to prevent people from taking photos of graffiti...

IMO anyone who bans photography means they are HIDING SOMETHING..there is something they do not want people to carry evidence of.

banning photography does absolutely nothing in the aiding of preventing terrorist attacks- all it does is just limit our civil rights and get people in trouble for something petty and stupid like this.

Ok, so what is PATH trying to hide?

Perhaps, their engineers breaking the rules and not operating safely as they should be....

word, i see those t/o's blowing past timers like they're nothing and they change at that last exact split second...what if they pass the timer a second earlier?

i like fast t/o's, but those guys are just reckless with the timers lol

.... I don't know where your getting that from. It's in better shape then most other systems.

When compared to DC or NYC , then yes the PATH is in great shape. But overall its slowly falling apart , look at Newport , Harrison , Grove Street for that and Hoboken. The Signals fail daily and overall service has gotten bad recently.

I hope the person that owned the car didn't have to explain to the authorities about the action you did. Sure you don't have to like their police state rules, but a response like that is 'asking for it'.

Never did , It wasn't like the time my friend drove through the Toll gate without stopping breaking the gate , he thought he didn't see the gate intill it was too late. We don't use them in NJ on the highways or most of the bridges...

word, i see those t/o's blowing past timers like they're nothing and they change at that last exact split second...what if they pass the timer a second earlier?

I was on the first car of a 33 St-JSQ train on Black Friday with what looked like a pretty senior T/O. He was running very fast, passing timers right as they change. He also (nearly) overran 9 St and Christopher St. A passenger next to me couldn't use the first door of the train at 9 St, and at Christopher St, he could get onto the platform, but he had to duck under a beam to get out.

I was on the first car of a 33 St-JSQ train on Black Friday with what looked like a pretty senior T/O. He was running very fast, passing timers right as they change. He also (nearly) overran 9 St and Christopher St. A passenger next to me couldn't use the first door of the train at 9 St, and at Christopher St, he had could get onto the platform, he had to duck under a beam to get out.

Thats a common problem on the 33rd line , people being obstructed by the beams and the way the train lines up with the platform. I never sit in the Front car if i'm using those stations.... Its the station designs that are causing issues , but part of the problem are the operators...

As long as they don't get tripped whats the problem. Timers keep you from going to fast and they stop you if you do, I see nothing wrong about operating at speed through a timed area as long as you don't get tripped.

When compared to DC or NYC , then yes the PATH is in great shape. But overall its slowly falling apart , look at Newport , Harrison , Grove Street for that and Hoboken. The Signals fail daily and overall service has gotten bad recently.

Ok and what's your point? There had dozens of signal problems in the NYC subway every day too, that means nothing.

As long as they don't get tripped whats the problem. Timers keep you from going to fast and they stop you if you do, I see nothing wrong about operating at speed through a timed area as long as you don't get tripped.

Ok and what's your point? There had dozens of signal problems in the NYC subway every day too, that means nothing.

Well for a system of its a size , its troubling....and its worse then the subway....

Are they being tripped constantly? No? Then how are they reckless if they are adhering to the signaling and speed restriction?

Well for a system of its a size , its troubling....and its worse then the subway....

For a system that is well over 100 years old, it's in great shape. I think you just have unreasonable expectations.

Archived