Hilton Garage Is Starting To Get The Nabi's

Yes, I do like the NABIs but they will never compare to how amazing the Flxes were. :P :cry:

Maybe if they SHUT UP and stop with that "Please Make Accessible Seats available to the elderly" and "Be aware of your surroundings, report suspicious behavior to NJT police at 1800-TIPS-NJT" and so on, maybe they could try :P

well i saw 4 of them while i was going to the post office around 5pm-5:15pm

3 of them where on the 1 and another was not in service

out of the 3 that were being used on the 1 they were

5801-To 20th Street

5805-To Ivy Hill

and i couldn't make out the other one which was also going to Ivy Hill and if i had to take a guess i would say 5802

as for the "not in service" nabi which was headed to penn station most likely im pretty sure it was the 5808 :(

I saw the 5807 on the 1 going to Ivy Hill.:cool:

sweet :cool:

and out of the ones they have right now i usually see most of them on the 1 like today i saw 4 others and 3 of those were on the 1 and the other nabi was being used on the 25

Dont forget the artics. I wonder what will replace them.

Yes, you're quite right about that. We had Volvo's and they're gone. We currently have Neoplans and eventually, they're gonna go BYE BYE. So, who's gonna be our new "BENDY-BUS" provider since Neoplan is out of business? Everyone knows that those buses are needed for the Newark area, and the 156/158/159 lines.

Yes, you're quite right about that. We had Volvo's and they're gone. We currently have Neoplans and eventually, they're gonna go BYE BYE. So, who's gonna be our new "BENDY-BUS" provider since Neoplan is out of business? Everyone knows that those buses are needed for the Newark area, and the 156/158/159 lines.

Possibly NovaBus TL62102As, New Flyer D60LFRs or VanHool, because they are the only arctic buses in America for now.

Why we talking about the Neoplans being scrapped? They not going anywhere til at least 2015, lol

And there will still be some RTS "Bs" left over after the 416 order, no word on whats replacing them yet

Why we talking about the Neoplans being scrapped? They not going anywhere til at least 2015, lol

And there will still be some RTS "Bs" left over after the 416 order, no word on whats replacing them yet

Because before I left NJT in 2010, the Neoplans (At least in Fairview) were starting to get in bad shape. Problems starting them up, VERY slow up the hills, and some were starting to breakdown. I saw more MCI's on the 159 than Neo's, which was shocking since whenever a 159 was on a MCI, no one wanted to take it. Personally, I love the 156/159 on a MCI. One way in, one way out. Just not during the rush......then there's issues.

The Nova B's WERE scheduled to be deactivated by 2012 or no later than Summer 2013, from what I remember NJT Officials in Newark told me, but that could of been changed.

As it related to transit buses, I did some numbers:

In total, there are 841 Nova's (A and :D in existence.

2601-2775 (175 buses Nova A)

1000-1254, 1262-1576 (570 buses Nova B)

2501-2580 (80 buses Nova B 30')

4001-4003 (3 buses Nova B Hybrid Mercer County)

1577-1582 (6 buses Nova B)

1583-1589 (7 buses Nova B)

The NABI order is 1,184 buses, including the 39 NABI 30' that are being ordered.

That leaves 343 buses extra. Minus the 124 Metro D's that are retired or will be retired, thus leaving 229 buses left over. The only thing I can think of that might be of some issue was the 409 Metro B's that were retired in 2010. That leaves a gap of 190 buses when I add the Metro & Nova's up, which comes up to 1,374 buses. The Nabi order is 1,184. Why is there a shortchange of 190 buses? I gotta give DJ credit. There is a missing amount of buses after the order. I thought NJT was gonna order 1300+ but I guess that changed........

Archived