Did you fail the boss exam

RTS4Life

I have a few friends that fail the boss exam 2901. I didn't know you could fail it. please let us know if you did or how long did it take to get your passing letter. because If I remember it took about 4-6 weeks to get it. I just wanted to know if this is true since it was about 5 of them. Thanks;)

I have a few friends that fail the boss exam 2901. I didn't know you could fail it. please let us know if you did or how long did it take to get your passing letter. because If I remember it took about 4-6 weeks to get it. I just wanted to know if this is true since it was about 5 of them. Thanks;)

Yea its true you can fail the boss exam. I took my boss exam from exam 2901 on 2/1/2011 and passed which I receive my results within 3 to 4 weeks. Then went for my drug test within 3 weeks, but I had to take a second one so I start in zerega on 5/23.

Yea its true you can fail the boss exam. I took my boss exam from exam 2901 on 2/1/2011 and passed which I receive my results within 3 to 4 weeks. Then went for my drug test within 3 weeks, but I had to take a second one so I start in zerega on 5/23.

I passed it also i took it like march 12 i think and 4 to 6 weeks i got my a letter stating that i passed it i took my time

@ igor what they tell you when u took the test as far as when they going to call you.

They said they won`t hire for mabstoa until early 2012 to bad i didn`t save that paper they gave us a paper on that to fill out if u want mta bus full time or part time because they said there will be vaccences for 2011. i`m sure some one put a copy of it here but i`ll wait for mabstoa to call me

They said they won`t hire for mabstoa until early 2012 to bad i didn`t save that paper they gave us a paper on that to fill out if u want mta bus full time or part time because they said there will be vaccences for 2011. i`m sure some one put a copy of it here but i`ll wait for mabstoa to call me

Yea you should had put in for that cause the starting pay is 20.96 n top pay is 29.95. I live in the bronx but I really did not want to deal with ppl in the bronx, that's why I put in for mta bus. Its just my luck that I will end up at college point which is right over the whitestine bridge after I'm done at zerega.

When you pick for MTA bus and you want the bronx. you don't always get the depot where you live you might have to work out of brooklyn.

Well I'm happy I'm going to college point, so you work for spring creek and what's the pay and top pay, and also what union is it under twu or atu.

When you pick for MTA bus and you want the bronx. you don't always get the depot where you live you might have to work out of brooklyn.

True, but starting at $20.95 is good money, I think it's better than waiting 'til next year for a maybe position. Who knows what the (MTA) will decide to do come next year. They could decide to have another hiring freeze, or just renege on the deal completely. We all see after this whole contract fiasco just how good they are @ honoring deals. Unless you have a pretty good stable job right now I would not pass it up.

True, but starting at $20.95 is good money, I thinks it's better than waiting to next year for a maybe position. Who knows what MTA will decide to do next year. Unless you have a pretty good stable job right now I would not pass it up.

I like what u said@ willbx, its not promise to get mobstoa that's why I jump the ship and took the mta bus, even doe I have a good stable job at ct transit but freak that I ran with it quick and I'm glad I did. So I start on 5/23 and I took my vacation and all my days so I'm ready to be part of the city.:cool::tup:

Tim,

So how is everything so far. with the el pillers make sure you lineup your rear tires with the piller then turn look in the other mirror for the piller then turn.do the same thing again line the rear up. take your time. how you doing on your turns. did they give you a book. good luck and take it slow

Tim,

So how is everything so far. with the el pillers make sure you lineup your rear tires with the piller then turn look in the other mirror for the piller then turn.do the same thing again line the rear up. take your time. how you doing on your turns. did they give you a book. good luck and take it slow

everythings going ok.i learned how to get my nose dirty.iam making my turns a lot better,even thought this moring i touched the curb poor foward plannning didnt have 4 feet when i turned.after that i was good to go.

everythings going ok.i learned how to get my nose dirty.iam making my turns a lot better,even thought this moring i touched the curb poor foward plannning didnt have 4 feet when i turned.after that i was good to go.

Hey tim66 how's everything going is it easy or what? And also since I'm coming in with 3yrs experience with ct transit do I have any chance or what I'm type nervous, cause the 23 is around the corner.

Hey tim66 how's everything going is it easy or what? And also since I'm coming in with 3yrs experience with ct transit do I have any chance or what I'm type nervous, cause the 23 is around the corner.

Don't worry man you're gonna be fine. I mean you've been driving buses for three years like you said, so you're already ahead of most people in that department. Because some people probably never driven a bus before. Only thing you need to worry about is to learn how to drive the bus the way the (MTA) wants you to drive the bus lol.

transit its easy i have experience but like will said you have to drive there way.iam going to tell you this.Throw away all that stuff you did at your old job it means nothing!You have to drive the mta way.3-5 miles when turning.you do have an advantages because you drove a bus but it means nothing to the instructor if you dont drive the way it wants you too

transit its easy i have experience but like will said you have to drive there way.iam going to tell you this.Throw away all that stuff you did at your old job it means nothing!You have to drive the mta way.3-5 miles when turning.you do have an advantages because you drove a bus but it means nothing to the instructor if you dont drive the way it wants you too

@ willbx and tim66. Yea you guys right I'm just going to take it easy and just listen to how the trainer wants me to drive and ect. Hey tim make sure you keep me posted day ny day bro. Hope you make it on day 7th so you can just go right to your depot.:tup:

@ willbx and tim66. Yea you guys right I'm just going to take it easy and just listen to how the trainer wants me to drive and ect. Hey tim make sure you keep me posted day ny day bro. Hope you make it on day 7th so you can just go right to your depot.:tup:

transit bx today was almost a perfect day in the morning i let a bike sneak up on my right iam not making any excuses even though it wasnt my fault(LOL)but i"ll eat it.My instuctor explained that was the only reason he couldnt give me a perfect day.Its no big deal because i respect my instructor hes really shaping us into bus operators he very stern and he gives it too us raw.Each day i get stronger and discover my strengths and weak points.I feel good about qualifying @ least by day 8 the latest,Its a learning process.Iam putting my game face on for monday its the playoff next week and iam going to deliver!!!!!!!

transit bx today was almost a perfect day in the morning i let a bike sneak up on my right iam not making any excuses even though it wasnt my fault(LOL)but i"ll eat it.My instuctor explained that was the only reason he couldnt give me a perfect day.Its no big deal because i respect my instructor hes really shaping us into bus operators he very stern and he gives it too us raw.Each day i get stronger and discover my strengths and weak points.I feel good about qualifying @ least by day 8 the latest,Its a learning process.Iam putting my game face on for monday its the playoff next week and iam going to deliver!!!!!!!

That's good tim keep up the good work, I really hope you qualify on day 7. So what was you suppose to do when the guy on the bike came on the right of you? What did your trainer say what to do in that case?

That's good tim keep up the good work, I really hope you qualify on day 7. So what was you suppose to do when the guy on the bike came on the right of you? What did your trainer say what to do in that case?

i was suppose to let him know that i saw the hazard.my instructor took it as i didnt do a full scan.i saw the hazard i was clear way before the guy came up but my instructor was talking to another student on the bus i think i got to lax and it was a dumb error on me.you cant get lax are get tunnel vision because in a half a second that 40,000 lb monster(bus) can kill some1. ive learned its a process sometimes the day of extra training is good.we pick depots by our list # not who gets out of training 1st.i feel good that i can get out in 7 because i know i can handle the bus but its in my instructors hands.Next week is game time where going to manhattan where its busy.Everything we did this week has to elevate to a higher level time to show up,i feel ready! this whole weekend iam in my student manual and mentally working on my weak points.I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED BRO

Archived