Exam 8011 (my results)

Nite

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question.

Yesterday, around 1425 hours, a man fell onto the truck at Broadway-Junction station, and A and C trains were stopped for 45 min. MTA had announced " Because of the police investigations, this train is stopped temporarily"

My question is why MTA doesn't say the exact truth ? Can't we say " A man fell onto the truck and we are trying to save him" or something like that ?

I have a question.

Yesterday, around 1425 hours, a man fell onto the truck at Broadway-Junction station, and A and C trains were stopped for 45 min. MTA had announced " Because of the police investigations, this train is stopped temporarily"

My question is why MTA doesn't say the exact truth ? Can't we say " A man fell onto the truck and we are trying to save him" or something like that ?

It's Politically Correct or "PC". Sure not telling the public exactly what happened annoys them. But TA would rather have them annoyed than panicked about knowing someone is a 12-9 or worst. And also next time ask these types of questions in the private forum, instead of here.

• 1 month later...

I got a offer letter for consideration of station agent MTA staten Island Railway. If somebody got this kind of letter, please let me know. but I don't know what's the next step.

Did you apply for this position ? or take the exam for nyct S/A and they're offering you this in it's place until you can be called for TA?

Last reaming 38 laid off station agents on the preferred list should be back to work from either sometime in September through December. So that means once a significant amount of Veteran agents retire or people promote to other titles they should start hiring people from the O/C list. If I had to give it a time frame I'd say sometime in Late January to February they should start calling people. There's currently class scheduled from to April through June to bring back 90 laid off agents.

no i didnot apply for this position.

Well technically SIRTOA is a subsidary of NYCTA, but not really part of it, and is not civil service. But wow if they offering these poistiions in place of the TA job, they must not have any openings coming anytime soon. This is definetly the first I've heard of this. I know they were offering people the cleaners job in place until they started hiring of the O/C list. I'll have to ask around about this one.

I got a offer letter for consideration of station agent MTA staten Island Railway. If somebody got this kind of letter, please let me know. but I don't know what's the next step.

How many S/A's does SIR even have? The only booth they have to staff is St George, to my knowledge.

How many S/A's does SIR even have? The only booth they have to staff is St George, to my knowledge.

I have the slightest idea, because I've never even rode the system in my life. But to my knowledge the St.George is the only place you have to pay a fare?

I have the slightest idea, because I've never even rode the system in my life. But to my knowledge the St.George is the only place you have to pay a fare?

One pays a fare upon entering and exiting at St. George or Tompskinville. But Tompskinville is MVM only.

Does anyone know if St. George has a booth inside fare control for those who don't have enough $$ on their cards to get out?

One pays a fare upon entering and exiting at St. George or Tompskinville. But Tompskinville is MVM only.

Does anyone know if St. George has a booth inside fare control for those who don't have enough $$ on their cards to get out?

So if you're not getting at the ferry or the stop before it, you get a free ride is what you're saying?

Hi All,

I have a question, I'm a cta on probation and on two different occasions I have been late by 2 minutes and was docked 15 mins for each incident. Both occurred in the same frekin month !! Arghhh !! How will this affect me on my record ?

Also, does anyone have feedback on working at Coney Island MS/Yard/ City Hall ? Thx guys and gals ;)

Hi everyone, I am just starting my orientation for cleaner and training this Monday, I know its suppose to be a Ten day process, but Just have a question of long does the training and orientation take? from 8 am to like 4 or 5? thanks for any replies.

Hi everyone, I am just starting my orientation for cleaner and training this Monday, I know its suppose to be a Ten day process, but Just have a question of long does the training and orientation take? from 8 am to like 4 or 5? thanks for any replies.

All training days will be 8 hours so 8-4, and you're paid whatever the starting pay is for your title. The (NYCT) no longer pays you minimum wage or a training wage anymore.

Hi All,

I have a question, I'm a cta on probation and on two different occasions I have been late by 2 minutes and was docked 15 mins for each incident. Both occurred in the same frekin month !! Arghhh !! How will this affect me on my record ?

Also, does anyone have feedback on working at Coney Island MS/Yard/ City Hall ? Thx guys and gals ;)

Also in addition- how will Mta penalize me for these lateness ?

Just don't rack up any more lateness-es and don't call out unless you're drop dead sick for the duration of your probation. Nothing should really come out of it as long as you stay out of trouble. However TA could extend your probation, and they could let you go because you have no union representation while being a probie. So just be careful.

Gosh... So you mean they can fire me at the end of my probation or during ?? Thank you once again ;) ps: I sent a g2 (explaining the second cause of the 2nd lateness) to my deputy superintendent and have had a response back.. What is the usual manner of communications and/or responses from management ??

I meant I have not heard back from him....

Gosh... So you mean they can fire me at the end of my probation or during ?? Thank you once again ;) ps: I sent a g2 (explaining the second cause of the 2nd lateness) to my deputy superintendent and have had a response back.. What is the usual manner of communications and/or responses from management ??

I meant I have not heard back from him....

Yes TA is well in their rights to fire you while you're a probie and the union can't do anything to save you until you've made 1 year on the job. But don't worry too much about that, unless those lateness were compounded with bad sick records then you'd have a major issue to worry about. And as far as management getting back to you good luck lol. Unless it's too reprimand you, they won't respond within the least. You would have to be the one to initiate contact if anything, then they'll most likely put you through hoops.

This was taken from the Stations newsletter e-mail from a union rep.

Returning Agents coming back by the boat load:

Excuse me for being giddy but our laid-off sisters and brothers continue to comeback at a feverish clip. We have had 50 in the last 2 weeks and another 40 should be back by early May. We have word from high-up MTA bosses the the ENTIRE LIST OF LAID-OFF STATION AGENTS WILL BE BACK TO WORK AS STATION AGENTS BY JUNE!!!!! Great news. We were also told by the same source that the MTA will be calling some people from the 2008 S/A test for S/A jobs. Which is good news on many levels. It stands to reason that if the MTA is calling from that list, things like job security and our future as Station Agents become more a little safer and more secure. Welcome back to our laid-off agents who are returning and hello to the new S/As that will be coming down the pike.

Archived