Exam 8011 (my results)

Nite

Today is 06/08/2011... I just received my scores on exam 8011 (Station Agent) which I took almost 3 years ago. My list # is in the 600's. Does anyone know if this is even worth bothering with ?? Are they ever going to reach my list # ?? Any advice appreciated, thank you :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today is 06/08/2011... I just received my scores on exam 8011 (Station Agent) which I took almost 3 years ago. My list # is in the 600's. Does anyone know if this is even worth bothering with ?? Are they ever going to reach my list # ?? Any advice appreciated, thank you :P

Well congrats on finally getting a score for that exam. As far as hiring goes it may still be a ways off since they still haven't re-hired every laid off agent yet, and people still haven't retired in the masses. But when I got hired my list number was 473, and it took them just about 2 years to hire me from the test date in 2004. But obviously things have drastically changed with the S/A title so it will be hard to predict when they may hire you. But the good news is since they finally graded the exam, that means by law they have to hire at least one person from the list. But let's hope they hire more than just 1 person LMAO. But anyway good luck and I hope to see you on the road in the future, I may even be the person training you one day.:tup:

Congrats to both of you guys on getting good list numbers. Hopefully TA can get there shit together and enough people retire so you guys can get hired. I believe it's very possible TA will re-open & and rebuild some booths at some locations. They bringing back 35 people from the lay-off list this week and these people need somewhere to work. And since they finally graded this exam that means they plan to hire new people in the near future. And I'm very proud of you Primo for challenging that BS DQ for the S/A exam and getting such a high score. Since you got such a high list number it really seems they were trying to discourage people from challenging the DQ. I really wish my girl would have challenged that BS. And I'm sure she got a really high score as well.

Yeah thanks I'm glad I fought that bs dq. I knew I would get a good list # so I wasn't gonna take the mta's bull crap . Now that I got a list # in the top 100 it looks like I will get called as a sa before a cr . I will take whatever comes first . I'm excited!

Thanks Willbx718, so appreciate the advice... and well wishes. I'll just have to keep my fingers cross for awhile and hope that a substantial amount of potential retirees do retire !! lol

Extra Congrats to you primomjr78 for doing such a fantastic job on that "really hot day" in the classroom !! I still remember that day like it was yesterday :P) Very uncomfortable environment to take a test !! was so glad when it was over !!

Can you guys elaborate on what you meant by challenging that BS DQ for the S/A exam ??

I'm a bit confused...

Basically DCAS/MTA were sending people disqualification letters during 2009. I think they did it to discourage people from contesting it, plus they knew they were going to lay S/A's off in 2010. So they didn't want to make it look like they just took people's money and ran with it. Primo also got a DQ letter, but he contested it and won, and now you see how high of a list number he got.

My list number was 188. Question for u guys out there. Let's say I get called, what should I expect? What's the process?

The process is the same with any other MTA appointment. You'll get a pre-employment letter when your list number is reached. You'll take a urine test and be given the 21 page application. If your urine is clean and background checks out you'll be called in for final processing. Also remember there is no medical exam for the S/A position, so you have nothing to worry about being put on a medical hold for.

Well that information is outdated. The starting salary for a station agent is $19.64-20.11 an hour, and top pay is $27.505 an hour. Probation last one year and can be extended if you take too many sick days or unpaid leave during that year. But the job description remains the same.

Probaly another 6-9 months . What is your list #,?

Maybe a little bit longer primo. They still haven't brang everyone back that was eligible for re-hire as an S/A or cleaner. And the people that were reclassified as CTA's have to be reached first for their former title before TA can hire any new people for the job. The union says by November everyone should be back to work in either title. Honestly I can't even say when they may hire because remember all the S/A's that got hired as CTA's have three more years left on the preferred list to be called back. I would say maybe by this time next year or by the fall of next year you guys should hear something. I know you've already waited pretty long, but with how things went last year it's hard to call things with TA lately. But good news is they sent out scores so that means they plan to hire. I received my score 9 months before I was hired. I got them in April of 2005 and started work January of 2006. And the first class that was hired from my test started July 17th, 2005. Three months after scores went out.

Yay, I just got my results as well. I guess the 80s sound good :cool: I hope at lot of people do retire soon, it feels like I've been waiting FORever!!

Just one question, say you get hired as a SA but reallly want Conductor or Train Operator more, how long before you can transfer btwn positions? Is it like 6 mos or a year? Thanks

Yay, I just got my results as well. I guess the 80s sound good :cool: I hope at lot of people do retire soon, it feels like I've been waiting FORever!!

Just one question, say you get hired as a SA but reallly want Conductor or Train Operator more, how long before you can transfer btwn positions? Is it like 6 mos or a year? Thanks

Well with any transfer of title promo wise you have to be in said title for one year. You could always resign your title for another one at anytime, but you would not have the option to come back. And if you got into trouble you would not have any title to retreat to. And in order for a S/A to promto to a T/O you need to take this class to obtain this silly certificate. Which makes no sense when you have O/C exams. And someone off the street can get hired right into that title, but not a current employee.

Well with any transfer of title promo wise you have to be in said title for one year. You could always resign your title for another one at anytime, but you would not have the option to come back. And if you got into trouble you would not have any title to retreat to. And in order for a S/A to promto to a T/O you need to take this class to obtain this silly certificate. Which makes no sense when you have O/C exams. And someone off the street can get hired right into that title, but not a current employee.

Could it be because T/O O/C people will will also have to incorporate the silly certificate into their training? Maybe this is why it's taking so long for Transit to get to the T/O O/C list, because they are restructuring the classes to also include the certificate's training. Still makes no sense, I'm just saying..

Could it be because T/O O/C people will will also have to incorporate the silly certificate into their training? Maybe this is why it's taking so long for Transit to get to the T/O O/C list, because they are restructuring the classes to also include the certificate's training. Still makes no sense, I'm just saying..

No, the class is offered by the union. This is just another example of (MTA)/(NYCT) nonsense. I mean if they still left it where it was a in house test only, then I can see requiring the certification. But the fact that you have a O/C exam and the requirements are very low (five years work experience and a high school diploma), that kinda negates the reasoning for that requirement for a S/A to promote to T/O without first being a C/R or obtaining the certificate.

Archived