Exam 8011 (my results)

Nite

omg... today was the longest day ever. got called in for medical and final processing, yay... but that almost didnt even happen. my paperwork got all botched up with someone elses and they almost made me come back friday. fortunately there was this lovely lady that got me in for today.

720am is when i arrived. i left at 530pm. i dont see why that happened. its like i kept getting forgotten along the way. and because of all this i still have to go back to get my picture taken for my pass since it closes early. bring lots of snacks, books, and things to do. fortunately i had my Nintendo DS and Nook Color full of books and games.

regardless, class starts Nov 22, so i still have almost a month >.<

Well congrats on getting in. I hope others on here that took the exam get in as well. And hopefully it's not too long til they call you for S/A. I heard by end of next January every laid off S/A should be back to work. So that'll open up the door for O/C people sometime next year.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well congrats on getting in. I hope others on here that took the exam get in as well. And hopefully it's not too long til they call you for S/A. I heard by end of next January every laid off S/A should be back to work. So that'll open up the door for O/C people sometime next year.

Cool and thank you. Question about the ID/pass. Do u get that after you take the picture? or is this given out on Day 1 of training? (I need to go take my picture. If I get it then and there it would help out with these last weeks at my current jobs, as my 30day took a walk after only 7 days :mad:)

Cool and thank you. Question about the ID/pass. Do u get that after you take the picture? or is this given out on Day 1 of training? (I need to go take my picture. If I get it then and there it would help out with these last weeks at my current jobs, as my 30day took a walk after only 7 days :mad:)

You get it on day once you start training. And it can be used on or off duty 24/7. Well once you get the pass you won't have to ever worry about another 30-day metrocard walking away lol. But they'll explain all the details to you once you start. Day one will be all about filling out more paper work, for benefits and union membership.

omg... today was the longest day ever. got called in for medical and final processing, yay... but that almost didnt even happen. my paperwork got all botched up with someone elses and they almost made me come back friday. fortunately there was this lovely lady that got me in for today.

720am is when i arrived. i left at 530pm. i dont see why that happened. its like i kept getting forgotten along the way. and because of all this i still have to go back to get my picture taken for my pass since it closes early. bring lots of snacks, books, and things to do. fortunately i had my Nintendo DS and Nook Color full of books and games.

regardless, class starts Nov 22, so i still have almost a month >.<

Also since your start date is so far away that may mean they trying to fill up a big class. So maybe some more folks from here may get hired as well. I know there was a few others such as yourself that got letters and went to 180 livingston, and didn't hear anything back in a while. Also get your pass picture taken ASAP. With S/A's it takes up to two weeks for us to get a replacement pass, since ours has to be PIN encoded for the booth terminal computer. Since you're just getting a regular employee pass it doesn't take that long to replace. Also if you lose it you have to get a police affidavit to get a replacement pass, so don't lose it once you get it and don't let anyone else use it but yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got called to 180 Livingston, my appt. was this past Wed. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated... got there at 7:15am and finished at approx. 10:30am (presently surprised). I did the drug test and got my enormous pre-employment app. to take home. Again my # was in the mid 600's. I am hypothesizing that if and when I get called for the medical, it will be well into a couple of months sometime next year. Any input, comments or advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

What is the phone number of the human resources of MTA (180 livingston st Brooklyn) ? I took the drug test back on July 28th. About 3weeks ago I changed my phone number. I want to inform MTA about my new phone number. My list number for the S/A exam was mid 400's.

I've never taken any drugs in my life.

So I believe I had passed the exam.

I was waiting for a long time for a phone call since July, but they never called me.Then my old cell phone was broken and I bought a new one with a new phone number. Please help me. What is the phone number of the HR of MTA? Am I already too late ?

I've never taken any drugs in my life.

So I believe I had passed the exam.

I was waiting for a long time for a phone call since July, but they never called me.Then my old cell phone was broken and I bought a new one with a new phone number. Please help me. What is the phone number of the HR of MTA? Am I already too late ?

The number I have in my phone is 347-643-8237. Call em up early tomorrow and find out!

I went to 180 Livingston st 7:30 this morning, and took a drug test again.

I took a day off (called in sick) to do it. I felt so stupid doing it twice in 4 months. The main reason I want this job so much is that my current job do not pay for health insurance. I hope my prepaid cell phone don't break until they call me. The lady at the counter told me " Hopefully we'll call you within a month"

I went to 180 Livingston st 7:30 this morning, and took a drug test again.

I took a day off (called in sick) to do it. I felt so stupid doing it twice in 4 months. The main reason I want this job so much is that my current job do not pay for health insurance. I hope my prepaid cell phone don't break until they call me. The lady at the counter told me " Hopefully we'll call you within a month"

Yeah usually it takes about 2-4 weeks to hear back from them after the drug test is done.

Ok my girlfriend who is in the 590's went on 10/28/11 and was called today to comeback for final processing. I am in in the low 300 was called 7/18/11 and have not heard anything..so I guess I will be calling back tomorrow.

Did you write your correct number down on the application?. And what did they say when you called them back. Hopefully good news. But if they didn't contact you back since july they may have 1 and 3 ruled you out. Maybe something in your initial background check came back unsatisfactory or hasn't responded to their inquires about you.

Did you write your correct number down on the application?. And what did they say when you called them back. Hopefully good news. But if they didn't contact you back since july they may have 1 and 3 ruled you out. Maybe something in your initial background check came back unsatisfactory or hasn't responded to their inquires about you.

I called them and the lady (who gave her name)said she would send out a letter to me the day I spoke with her.She would not say anything else ...I am assuming it is a rejection letter.

I called them and the lady (who gave her name)said she would send out a letter to me the day I spoke with her.She would not say anything else ...I am assuming it is a rejection letter.

I hope not, but I think if it were they would have just told you that. But keep us posted and let us know what happens.

I went to 180 Livingston at 7:30am.

for physical and Final processing

and everything was finished by 1:40pm.

The orientation and training will start on Jan 3rd.

Congrats! I had a long time to wait until my start date as well (about 3.5 weeks), but it's finally started. Today was Day 1. Day 3 is going to hurt. Getting to the bottom of Brooklyn by 7am from Yonkers w/o a car will be no fun.

Congrats! I had a long time to wait until my start date as well (about 3.5 weeks), but it's finally started. Today was Day 1. Day 3 is going to hurt. Getting to the bottom of Brooklyn by 7am from Yonkers w/o a car will be no fun.

Yeah it will but get used to it. You work for transit now and they can careless where you live. And since you're going to be extra you can assigned anywhere in the system.

Yeah it will but get used to it. You work for transit now and they can careless where you live. And since you're going to be extra you can assigned anywhere in the system.

Yea, but hopefully I can get something a bit closer to home after training is done. Eventually I will look to move into The City, just cant do that quite yet.

kche11gg: Days 1 and 2 are for new people in various titles. It's orientation stuff, like security awareness, avoiding violence in the workplace, going over the benefits options, meeting a few union reps, etc. Nothing job specific. Day 3 was a little bit in the classroom and going out to Queens to get our boots. Day 4 (today) was fun, track safety. We got to go down into a tunnel and "get cleared" so the trains can pass. I don't know if all the classes follow this schedule but it's been interesting. For me it's just sooo far to get to so early in the morning.

Archived