Special Rush Hour service

MattTrain

This is not shown in the map but it is currently displayed in the subway map schedules, and timetables and the use of MTA NYCT's trip planner.

(A) only five trains operate from Rockaway Park in Queens to 207 Street in Manhattan. Five trains from 59th Street Columbus Circle in Manhattan head towards Rockaway Park in Queens.

(E) goes to and from 179 Street in Queens making express stops between Briarwood, Van Wyck Blvd and Jamaica 179th Street

(F) In Brooklyn it terminates at Kings Highway to reduce Congestion at Stillwell Avenue. (via Culver)

(L) some trains terminate and originate at Broadway Junction in Brooklyn to clear congestion (Trains originating from Manhattan)

(M) terminates at Broad Street in Manhattan instead of heading to Bay Parkway in Brooklyn during the evening hours.

(N) sometimes terminates and starts at 57th Street/ 7 Avenue (Northern Terminal) to clear congestion at the 60th Street tunnel. In Brooklyn it terminates at Kings Highway to reduce Congestion at Stillwell Avenue. (Via Sea Beach)

(R) Some trains terminate and originate at 4th Avenue and 59th Street in Brooklyn to clear congestion at the 4th Avenue Bay Ridge line.

(W) starts at Gravesend 86th Street in Brooklyn in the morning and then heads to Kings Highway in the evenings when entering and leaving service. (from Trip Planner)

(2) Some trains originate and terminate at New Lots Avenue in Brooklyn (to clear congestion at IRT Nostrand Avenue line)

(4) Some trains terminate and originate at New Lots Avenue in Brooklyn. Brooklyn Bound services terminate at Bowling Green

(5) Some special trains terminate and originate at either New Lots Avenue or Utica Avenue in Brooklyn. (to clear congestion at IRT Nostrand Avenue line) Trains terminate at East 180 St, Bronx, or Grand Concourse-149 St, Bronx, FROM Brooklyn, to reduce congestion in the Bronx.

(6) Trains during the AM rush terminate at 3rd Avenue in the Bronx instead of Pelham Bay Park or Parkchester.

(7) Trains start and end at Corona-111 St

This list has been updated, at 5pm.

This is not shown in the map but it is currently displayed in the subway map schedules, and timetables and the use of MTA NYCT's trip planner.

(A) only five trains operate from Rockaway Park in Queens to 207 Street in Manhattan. Five trains from 59th Street Columbus Circle in Manhattan head towards Rockaway Park in Queens.

(E) goes to and from 179 Street in Queens making express stops between Briarwood, Van Wyck Blvd and Jamaica 179th Street

(L) some trains terminate and originate at Broadway Junction in Brooklyn to clear congestion (Trains originating from Manhattan)

(M) terminates at Broad Street in Manhattan instead of heading to Bay Parkway in Brooklyn during the evening hours.

(N) sometimes terminates and starts at 57th Street/ 7 Avenue (Northern Terminal) to clear congestion at the 60th Street tunnel.

(R) Some trains terminate and originate at 4th Avenue and 59th Street in Brooklyn to clear congestion at the 4th Avenue Bay Ridge line.

(W) starts at Gravesend 86th Street in Brooklyn in the morning and then heads to Kings Highway in the evenings when entering and leaving service. (from Trip Planner)

(2) Some trains originate and terminate at New Lots Avenue in Brooklyn (to clear congestion at IRT Nostrand Avenue line)

(4) Some trains terminate and originate at New Lots Avenue in Brooklyn

(5) Some special trains terminate and originate at either New Lots Avenue or Utica Avenue in Brooklyn. (to clear congestion at IRT Nostrand Avenue line)

This is all the info I have here about special rush hour service.

Let me add to your list here:cool:

Some (F) Trains start and end at Kings Highway

Some (N) Trains, like the (F) start and end at Kings Highway as well.

Some (4) Trains run to Bowling Green Only, FROM The Bronx.

Some (5) Trains terminate at East 180 St, Bronx, or Grand Concourse-149 St, Bronx, FROM Brooklyn

Some (7) Trains start and end at Corona-111 St

Let me add to your list here:cool:

Some (F) Trains start and end at Kings Highway

Some (N) Trains, like the (F) start and end at Kings Highway as well.

Some (4) Trains run to Bowling Green Only, FROM The Bronx.

Some (5) Trains terminate at East 180 St, Bronx, or Grand Concourse-149 St, Bronx, FROM Brooklyn

Some (7) Trains start and end at Corona-111 St

Thanks a lot, dude, I'm adding to this right now!B)

Some (6) trains during the AM rush terminate at 3rd Avenue in the Bronx instead of Pelham Bay Park or Parkchester.

This service, is noted in the Subway Services chart at the bottom of the map.

Now if only they brought back the diamond on the rollsigns for these rush hour trains. That would be cool.
Great idea, and yes helpful for express rush hour riders, but rolling all those rollsigns would be time consuming. Plus all the newest subway cars aren't using rollsigns anymore, LCD signs are put up. The Diamond sign may be used too. I've seen it on the (M) and (N)

i hate it when they end the trains at 111, when they end trains at 111 its usually a whole bunch at once and you gotta wait a long time for the next one to flushing comes

Think about it, trains have to end sometimes at 111 Street because there's track connection to the yard, at Corona Yard on the (7). If you don't like it that much, hop on the Q48 to Flushing then.

This is if you're talking about the (7) service.

(F) In Brooklyn it terminates at Kings Highway to reduce Congestion at Stillwell Avenue. (via Culver)

(N) sometimes terminates and starts at 57th Street/ 7 Avenue (Northern Terminal) to clear congestion at the 60th Street tunnel. In Brooklyn it terminates at Kings Highway to reduce Congestion at Stillwell Avenue. (Via Sea Beach)

(4) Some trains terminate and originate at New Lots Avenue in Brooklyn. Brooklyn Bound services terminate at Bowling Green

(5) Some special trains terminate and originate at either New Lots Avenue or Utica Avenue in Brooklyn. (to clear congestion at IRT Nostrand Avenue line) Trains terminate at East 180 St, Bronx, or Grand Concourse-149 St, Bronx, FROM Brooklyn, to reduce congestion in the Bronx.

(6) Trains during the AM rush terminate at 3rd Avenue in the Bronx instead of Pelham Bay Park or Parkchester.

(7) Trains start and end at Corona-111 St

This list has been updated, at 5pm.

No (N)ovembers terminate or start at KingsHighway None they Go in Service at that at 86th Street during the AM's Only.

The (N)ovember 57th Street drop outs and Put-ins arent done "sometimes" they are done During the AM and PM Rush..

No ®omeo's Drop Out or begin at 59th Street, they do that at 36th Street...

The (W)iskey terminates at KingsHighway and thats only during the Late PM's three of them to be exact. They start at 86th Street during the AM Rush.

You also have (J) and (Z) trains that start and drop out at Broadway Junction as well..

Needed to add that bit of info..

No (N)ovembers terminate or start at KingsHighway None they Go in Service at that at 86th Street during the AM's Only.

The (N)ovember 57th Street drop outs and Put-ins arent done "sometimes" they are done During the AM and PM Rush..

The (W)iskey terminates at KingsHighway and thats only during the Late PM's three of them to be exact. They start at 86th Street during the AM Rush.

You also have (J) and (Z) trains that start and drop out at Broadway Junction as well..

I understand your points here, and yes the (J) and (Z) start and end at Broadway Junction.

The (R) sometimes terminates and begins at 59th Street because some (R) trains are using the Coney Island Stillwell Avenue yard to store their trains. They use the unused northbound express track on the Sea Beach (N) line to transport these (R) trains. This is based on my observations.

Other than that, your other points seem correct.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for clarification on the (N)...:cool:

From what I heard from a source, one or two of the PM put ins is almost always an R32, reminds me I've been meaning to make a run down there and ride it to CTL...

Actullly Metatops is right They Do I Seen those few times

I understand your points here, and yes the (J) and (Z) start and end at Broadway Junction.

The (R) sometimes terminates and begins at 59th Street because some (R) trains are using the Coney Island Stillwell Avenue yard to store their trains. They use the unused northbound express track on the Sea Beach (N) line to transport these (R) trains. This is based on my observations.

Other than that, your other points seem correct.

Thanks for the info.

No ®omeos start at 59th Street so says my B Div Timetable of this pick as well as me seeing them go in service at 36th Street.

P.S there are only two ®omeo PM Put-Ins Out of Coney Island Yard, they dont come out of Stillwell Yard. There are none on the AM's.

I know which way they come because i hear Murphy Tower talk to them because i work on the (N)ovember 2 days a week.

Now if the road conditions require them to start at 59th Street that can happen now maybe you seen that a few times but its not "normal" procedure.

Another claification there for you...

P.S there are only two ®omeo PM Put-Ins Out of Coney Island Yard, they dont come out of Stillwell Yard. There are none on the AM's.

Yup at 1600 and 1620.

Question since I got the timetables in front of me, there's also at least one PM Put-In that starts at Canal listed in here (the 1711). Is that just laid up on B3 south of the station or by the abandoned City Hall LL till then?

Archived