Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
FamousNYLover

LIB (Update on Bus Service)

When I have to stop by at Rosa Park HTC, I spotted this brochure indicating Long Island Bus into Veoila Transportation Service.

Update on Bus Service:

To Our Long Island Bus Customers:

Earlier this month, Nassau County announced its intention to negotiate a contract with Veolia Transportation Inc. to operate bus service in Nassau County beginning January 1st, 2012.

The MTA is committed to working with the County to facilitate the transfer of operations to the new operator. We will continue to keep you informed about any additional developments as the transition process progresses.

While there are many details to be worked out, we will continue to provide the bus and paratransit services you have come to rely on until the transition is complete.

Sh9t when i saw the title i was expecting (MTA) and Nassau to keep LIB running.. Now no B)

I wonder what will happen if Nassau and Veolia can't come up with a deal?

I hope (MTA) gave permission for Veolia to accepted MetroCard during year 2012.

It's the County's job to make that arrangement, just as it was with Westchester County.

I wonder what will happen if Nassau and Veolia can't come up with a deal?

The MTA said that come the September board meeting, they should get some more details about the contract, if not the contract itself.

But September is awful close to the start of service, given that the meetings are at the ends of months!