BVE 4 for Vista

I thought that by making them work it did something to your PC that you could not undo and it was not 100% certian that BVE would even work. Did anyone else hear that?

I did this and it works on my computer. I don't have any problems and I had BVE for 3 weeks now. Maybe it might be other types of computers

• 4 weeks later...
I just got a new laptop, and tried installing BVE...

This is what happens when I click..

BVEnogood.jpg

Help??B)

I had the same problem. Did you install the dll files? Also check to see your graphic card is on your laptop. If you have ATI graphic card you are golden. I dont believe it wont work with anyother card. Good luck.

I had the same problem. Did you install the dll files? Also check to see your graphic card is on your laptop. If you have ATI graphic card you are golden. I dont believe it wont work with anyother card. Good luck.

Please elaborate in detail what these mean:D:p

Please elaborate in detail what these mean:D:p

If you look at the website I gave before you will see 3 files to download. Just in case, here's the website:

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13429

Follow the steps and BVE will work. Also, with this BVE will only work if you have an ATI Card. Nothing else will work (at least for now). This works only for BVE 4, not BVE 2 (it will close down).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did, and following that, the Z key should get me going, but it doesn't. I'm probably missing something, though. I haven't bothered installing BVE due to the reports of incompatibility with Vista, and I get the feeling that OpenBVE is geared for old hacks at BVE.

EDIT: No problems now. This is great fun. :(

I have the controls set as:

Power off: A

Power on: Z

Brake off: ,

Brake on: .

Forward: F

Back: V

that only applies to trains with two controllers. for trains with one controller it's:

Brake on: Q

Power off/Brake off: A

oh, also, remember, you gotta set up the ATS on by doing ctrl + s

other wise the train will play a long beep if you leave the station without activating it.

I have the controls set as:

Power off: A

Brake off: ,

Brake on: .

Forward: F

Back: V

that only applies to trains with two controllers. for trains with one controller it's:

Brake on: Q

Power off/Brake off: A

oh, also, remember, you gotta set up the ATS on by doing ctrl + s

other wise the train will play a long beep if you leave the station without activating it.

Thanks. I missed the ATS when I ran the G, and had to mute the speakers. :rolleyes:

I'm using an xbox360 usb controller for some of the keys, but the fact that some cars have one or two controls has been an issue. I have to remap the keys and memorize which is which. I also notice that on some routes it's easier to derail than others. Is that something written in by the devs?

I wasn't complaining. I should get the hang enough of it to know by heart when I should slow down. ;)

The derailments don't seem too messy, either. That may be the only disappointment so far. Not that I'm looking for blood, gore and rolling heads, but it's a very smooth roll over to one side. Almost like going to sleep. I was expecting some noise at least. :D

I wasn't complaining. I should get the hang enough of it to know by heart when I should slow down. ;)

The derailments don't seem too messy, either. That may be the only disappointment so far. Not that I'm looking for blood, gore and rolling heads, but it's a very smooth roll over to one side. Almost like going to sleep. I was expecting some noise at least. :D

The first time it happened, I thought my graphics card got messed up. lol

The derailments don't seem too messy, either. That may be the only disappointment so far. Not that I'm looking for blood, gore and rolling heads, but it's a very smooth roll over to one side. Almost like going to sleep. I was expecting some noise at least. :P

Yes, but the point of the game is trying not to derail, so I guess the actions you want out of derailment weren't thought of.

Archived