Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Kamen Rider

so good news in life; less than 10 blocks left for SAS TBM

They said there wasnt even funding left to completely finish phase 1 :|

I heard about that. At this point, they must now find a way to get the monies to finish the 1st phase(read somewhere it will need another $500 Million-$1 Billion)or else it was wasted tons of money and runied for last few years the businesses on SAS.

Monies that could been used instead for instance the June 2010 Doomsday Cuts if this is not finished.

IMO i still believe the 1st leg will open by no later than the end of the decade.

However i am doubtful a full length SAS will be bulit in my lifetime as i approach very soon my 40th birthday next year in sept. 2012.:eek:

At the rate they are going I will be 70 years old if they ever finish the Second Avenue Subway from 125th Street to Hanover Square.

Full length in someone's lifetime? The way things are going (including in the larger economy), that is rather quite positive.;)

I wonder what will happen to the TBM when it finishes its work? Remember in the ESP project they just buried it there and made it part of the wall support as it was too expensive to dismantle it and nobody buys used TBMs lol.

Pity they couldn't have two running at the same time under 2nd Av. Maybe they could just change the drills [if needed] and put them to work on the area south of 63rd St [should funding be availible]?