Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
tkx2510

Whats a 3 train doing on a 2 & 5 line.

Everyday I see the (3) train on the (2) & the (5) line going to the Bronx. Sometimes I see the (4) train on the (2) & the (5) line. Eventhough both of them are not in service. And Once in a long blue the (3) train would be in service running on the (2) & the (5) line to E 241 Street in the Bronx.

Edited by tkx2510

I saw a not in service 3 train today pass through a station, it was really, really dirty.

- Andy

Last time I was in the city, I was up on the (2) and I saw a R62 (3) come out of 241st St yard, it was pretty clean too. Of course, that's the same day I saw an OOS R142 with a red O with not number in it on the (2), and it was dirty, so maybe it was going to get washed too, I dunno.

During the time that the (1) train was going to New Lots and the (3) to 14th Street, quite a few (3) trains would be in service going up to the Bronx running to 238th Street.

Now I understand. I remember thats the (1) train would be on the (2) and the (5) line when is not in service.