How would you Customize A MCI??

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

I think this might be good...

45ft. with side extensions like R/V class (Providence Triple Slide out )example...Detroit Turbo Diesel :tup:

DL3 with Q-Type Jake Brakes-Black Exterior with Silver swirls

H.I.D. Headlamps and Smoke color LED Clearance lights

Black leather seating with First class section in front 4 rows:)

The Jet Blue T.V. in front of you set up

GHOST DEMO White Destination sign:):tup:

D4500CT w/ frameless windows w/ a CL rear design & the current rear design

Cummins ISX or Caterpiller C13 w/ jake brake

Projector Angel Eye headlamps w/ 25K Deep Blue(and i have seen chinatown buses with deep blue hids) in the low beams and 4300K in the highbeams

H1 style fog lights w/ 3000K yellow

White LED turn signals on the front and sides

White Luminator Specturm display screens w/ and option to change to color to green or bright orange

TV screens in the headrests; pullout trays for people with laptops; electrical outlets

Wifi

Touch Screen sign code box & gps for every route

Automated announcemnts

Leather seating for all seats with heated(for first 4 seats) and cooled(for first 4 seats) seats for winter and summer

And if this bus was for me it would be midnight black with red interior lights for the night. Black windows black bus red int lights man this bus would be sick at night!!

you really cant get more aisle room then there is now with that 102" wide.

True, but they could be creative in finding ways to give folks more leg room. They could put sensors in the seats so that the seat stops reclining once it senses a leg or kneecap or something near it. These damn folks recline like they're in bed or something. :mad: I would also put sensors in the chairs so that they automatically sense when a person is not sitting in the chair and then they "unrecline" themselves.

Well MTAs express buses seats dont go back far at all compared to njt. I get complaints from riders all time about the seats going back to far. Which is why i push them up after each run.Im 6'2 and someone can put they seat back on an mta bus and it doesnt bother me. NJT thats a different story lol the seats touches my knees.

If you add more legroom a new D series would be created for the added length.

Well MTAs express buses seats dont go back far at all compared to njt. I get complaints from riders all time about the seats going back to far. Which is why i push them up after each run.Im 6'2 and someone can put they seat back on an mta bus and it doesnt bother me. NJT thats a different story lol the seats touches my knees.

If you add more legroom a new D series would be created for the added length.

Oh yeah... The reclining seats on NJT MCIs are ridiculous! That and the AC is like a meatlocker. I mean I LOVE AC, but it's even too cold for me and I do like it like a semi-freezer, but they really overdo it. It must be something about how they have it set up or something, because their AC seems to be a lot higher on NJT MCIs than on NYC MCIs. The newer MCIs here in the city don't let you recline as far back as the older ones, but keep in mind that we still have some of the oldest MCIs on Staten Island, so on our MCIs you can still see folks reclining like they're in bed, although now I'm finding more and more broken seats. lol B)

LOL @ Meatlocker!

The ac is actually in the same place and same height. It just depends on how cold the bus opt wants it. Me I dont like it that cold. Lol I keep forgetting Staten Island has some of the oldest mcis, but I do see CTs on the X1.

But if no one else is behind you then its ok but if some is atleast have some respect or ask the person if its ok to lean back lol.

LOL @ Meatlocker!

The ac is actually in the same place and same height. It just depends on how cold the bus opt wants it. Me I dont like it that cold. Lol I keep forgetting Staten Island has some of the oldest mcis, but I do see CTs on the X1.

But if no one else is behind you then its ok but if some is atleast have some respect or ask the person if its ok to lean back lol.

Yeah, I love it when someone just comes and runs up to the seat in front of me, looks at me, then sits down as if to say I'm sitting here and then they proceed to recline as if I don't exist and then I put my leg right there so they can't recline as if they don't exist either. B)

D4500CT w/ frameless windows w/ a CL rear design & the current rear design

Cummins ISX or Caterpiller C13 w/ jake brake

Projector Angel Eye headlamps w/ 25K Deep Blue(and i have seen chinatown buses with deep blue hids) in the low beams and 4300K in the highbeams

H1 style fog lights w/ 3000K yellow

White LED turn signals on the front and sides

White Luminator Specturm display screens w/ and option to change to color to green or bright orange

TV screens in the headrests; pullout trays for people with laptops; electrical outlets

Wifi

Touch Screen sign code box & gps for every route

Automated announcemnts

Leather seating for all seats with heated(for first 4 seats) and cooled(for first 4 seats) seats for winter and summer

And if this bus was for me it would be midnight black with red interior lights for the night. Black windows black bus red int lights man this bus would be sick at night!!

Sum'bitch, you read my mind!! I was going through some spec sheets to come up with a proper customization. Though I'd have options for the signs, Hanover LEDs would be awesome as well. Personally, I'd go old school and throw on a flipdot sign LOL.

As for the colors, I'd make it white like the demo we had. I want it to shine! I do love dark colors on an MCI, but that white made it glisten and stand out there!

Interior seating would be a combination of blue & white leather seats to complement the exterior.

See I wouldnt mind to see a full colored bus instead of just the plain white with a stripe of the companies color. Most transit agencies do that while most of the private charter companies get full colored buses.

A Black CT and im FINISHED. If I get the money together im buying a custom made black CT with those specs I posted although I would just add a few tv screens to the headrests. It just sucks mci dont offer the old rear design unless you get one used.

Blue and White leather seats! Now that would be sick!

Sum'bitch, you read my mind!! I was going through some spec sheets to come up with a proper customization. Though I'd have options for the signs, Hanover LEDs would be awesome as well. Personally, I'd go old school and throw on a flipdot sign LOL.

As for the colors, I'd make it white like the demo we had. I want it to shine! I do love dark colors on an MCI, but that white made it glisten and stand out there!

Interior seating would be a combination of blue & white leather seats to complement the exterior.

Wow... Leather seats... Man, well the AC better be great on a bus like that. I mean I don't know about you, but I've been on my fair share of express buses with no AC in the summertime and it is like an oven inside with me being cooked. Those seats without no AC would not be fun, but with AC they would be grand. B)

See I wouldnt mind to see a full colored bus instead of just the plain white with a stripe of the companies color. Most transit agencies do that while most of the private charter companies get full colored buses.

A Black CT and im FINISHED. If I get the money together im buying a custom made black CT with those specs I posted although I would just add a few tv screens to the headrests. It just sucks mci dont offer the old rear design unless you get one used.

Blue and White leather seats! Now that would be sick!

After seeing that D4500CT Demo up close and in person with the white Luminator Spectrum LEDs, that look won me over in a second. White with a splash of blue would do it in nice.

Now if we are talking about dark colors....I'd go Red and Black with them color seats.

Wow... Leather seats... Man, well the AC better be great on a bus like that. I mean I don't know about you, but I've been on my fare share of express buses with no AC in the summertime and it is like an oven inside with me being cooked. Those seats without no AC would not be fun, but with AC they would be grand. :(

One word : Thermoking

One word : Thermoking

Interesting... I like it... I would certainly wonder what the fare would be like on a bus like this... I guess I had it on my mind in the last post which is why I wrote "fare" instead of "fair". I'm sure it would be a bus that would be fitting for even the snobbiest express bus riders. LOL *Turns nose up in air*

I dont think any transit agency would put some of these specs on a mci. You'll have a better chance seeing these specs for a private charter company. The specs I posted I hope to make that a reality. But ofcourse itll be for my own personal use.

Still would be sweet to see an MCI decked out like that... :rock:

Can I pick 2??

A Black J4500 Conversion

j4500convSpec.jpg

Engine Manufacturer: Detroit Diesel DD16, 600 hp engine with engine brake

Transmission: Allison B500 automatic transmission, six speed

Cooling System: Combined radiator and charge air cooler system

Suspension: Enhanced Bosch Tuned Wide Ride w/KONI FSD shocks

Steering System: Black Leather-wrapped, red stitching tilt and telescoping steering wheel with ZF variable ratio. Black leather with red stitching

Wheels: Alcoa polished aluminum hub mount 22.5 x 9.0

Tires: Michelin 315 80R 22.5 L-rated

Brakes: Meritor® all-wheel EX-225 disc brakes

Entrance Door: Air operated 30-inch-wide

Seating: Black leather with red stitching

Destination Sign: Luminator Spectrum FULL color

HVAC: Thermoking Athenia

And, an NYC blue D4500CTH

800px-MCI_D4500CTH.jpg

Engine Manufacturer: Cummins ISL 8.9 liter, 330hp

Transmission: Allison H50EP Electric Drive Propulsion System

Cooling System: Combined radiator and charge air cooler system

Suspension: Enhanced Bosch Tuned Wide Ride w/KONI FSD shocks

Seating: Red, white, and blue stitched leather

Entrance Door: Vapor Air-operated bi-part style door

Cooling System: High-mounted, side by side radiator, charge air cooler system, and transmission cooler

Destination Sign: Hanover Amber LED

Steering System/Wheel:Ross integral power steering. Black leather-wrapped, white stitching, and red horn cap.

HVAC: Thermoking Athenia

:drool:

Archived