Subway - What If?

VWM

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NEXT:

Due to two unrelated incidents, the uptown local F/M track at Rockefeller Center and the uptown local E track at 50th Street cannot be used.

(B)/(D) Via 8th Ave Local

(E)/(F) Via 6th Ave Express Track (After 34th St)

(F) 2/3rd of the trains go trough Cranberry St

(M) Trains temporarily terminate at Chambers St

This all applies northbound only (Except for the (M) after southbound trains get back to Myrtle)

Please expect delays on the northbound (B)(D)(F)(A)(C)(E) trains. Please expect delays on both directions (J)(M)(Z).

NEXT:

Due to two unrelated incidents, the uptown local F/M track at Rockefeller Center and the uptown local E track at 50th Street cannot be used.

All changes northbound only.

(C) Skips Spring, 23, 50 Streets

(B)(D) Via 8th Avenue Local

(E) via 6th Avenue Express

(F)(M) Stop at (B)(D) platform at 47-50 Streets-Rockefeller, 42 Street-Bryant Park, and West 4 Street.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

All changes northbound only.

(C) Skips Spring, 23, 50 Streets

(B)(D) Via 8th Avenue Local

(E) via 6th Avenue Express

(F)(M) Stop at (B)(D) platform at 47-50 Streets-Rockefeller and 42 Street-Bryant Park.

You do realize that to get the (B)(D) to 8th Avenue you have to run them on the local track, and the (B)(D)(F)(M) definitely cannot share one track without delaying everything.

The 59th St tunnel and the 53rd St tunnel are closed. Also, the Broadway tracks of the Manhattan Bridge are closed. The (N), (Q), (R), (E), (M) trains must be rerouted.

(E)(M) Via 6th Avenue Local - 63 Street.

(N) Runs in two sections:

Between Brooklyn and Lexington Avenue-59 Street, Via Tunnel.

Between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard.

(R) Via 63 Street.

Please expect delays on the (E)(F)(M)(R)

The 59th St tunnel and the 53rd St tunnel are closed. Also, the Broadway tracks of the Manhattan Bridge are closed. The (N), (Q), (R), (E), (M) trains must be rerouted.

(E) via 63st and 6 th av.

(R) via 63 st

(F) regular service.

(G) extended to Forest Hills to prevent overcrowding on the (R).

(Q) runs between 57st and Coney Island via tunnel.

(N) no service between Queensboro Plaza and Lexingtion Av and runs via tunnel between Mahattan and Brooklyn.

(M) rerouted to Chambers st.

Edited by j express

The (A) could potentially terminate at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets, but they have to use the switches at Utica Avenue. But that would cause delays, it won't cause delays if you terminate it at Nostrand Av.

There are also (as well noted in my other scenarios) switches at the Transit Museum, but that would require clearing a train out of the museum so trains can terminate at Hoyt-Schermhorn and use the TM station to turn in an emergency.

There are also (as well noted in my other scenarios) switches at the Transit Museum, but that would require clearing a train out of the museum so trains can terminate at Hoyt-Schermhorn and use the TM station to turn in an emergency.

3olfwz.jpg

NEXT

The uptown Local tracks on the (F)(G) from Coney Island to Bergen St are unusuable. The Culver Express track is usable from Kings Highway to 4 Av. There is also work being done on the middle track of the 2 Av station, allowing no trains to terminate there. Rerotue away.

(F) No service between Kings Highway and Coney Island. Every 15 minutes, two trains go to Coney Island(1st) and Avenue X(2nd).

(F) Northbound via Culver/Prospect Park/Viaduct Express.

(G) No service between Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets and Church Avenue.

Usually the MTA terminates (G) trains at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets, but I don't see any switches that could terminate it there.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

(F) No service between Kings Highway and Coney Island. Every 15 minutes, two trains go to Coney Island(1st) and Avenue X(2nd).

(F) Northbound via Culver/Prospect Park/Viaduct Express.

(G) No service between Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets and Church Avenue.

Usually the MTA terminates (G) trains at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets, but I don't see any switches that could terminate it there.

Two sections, single track train b/w Hoyt and Bedford-Nostrand...

NX & Gorgor: I have to say this: You guys would make good mods if you were a little less hard on Wallly, but yes, that is retarded...

What he doesn't realize that the Transit Museum is an actual museum that people pay to enter. He either wants to close down the museum for the duration of the scenario, or COMPLETELY SCREW OVER anyone who went to the museum to go see the trains. The old trains is a major component of the museum, and was the only reason that I ever went there years ago. If I went to the museum, paid my admission, and then found out that I couldn't see those old subway cars because some moron decided to reroute an active subway line to terminate there I would be FURIOUS.

What he doesn't realize that the Transit Museum is an actual museum that people pay to enter. He either wants to close down the museum for the duration of the scenario, or COMPLETELY SCREW OVER anyone who went to the museum to go see the trains. The old trains is a major component of the museum, and was the only reason that I ever went there years ago. If I went to the museum, paid my admission, and then found out that I couldn't see those old subway cars because some moron decided to reroute an active subway line to terminate there I would be FURIOUS.

Not exactly, he dosen't realize that MOST RIDERS AREN'T FOAMERS!!!

Can you guys just leave it? Yes, his solution is pretty werid, and it's obvious, but it's his way of solving things.

I'll post the next scenario:

The 96 Street Station on both IRT lines is impassible.

Lines affected: (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)

(1) runs in 2 sections: The Bronx to 137th Street - Times Square to South Ferry

(2) runs in 2 sections: The Bronx to 110th Street - Times Square OR 14th Street to Brooklyn

(3) runs between Chambers Street and Brooklyn

(4) runs in 2 sections: The Bronx to 125th Street - 86th Street to Brooklyn

(5) runs between The Bronx to 125th Street

(6) runs in 2 sections: The Bronx to 125th Street - 86th Street to Brooklyn Bridge

Can you guys just leave it? Yes, his solution is pretty werid, and it's obvious, but it's his way of solving things.

If it was just once I would nicely point out why screwing up a functioning museum would not work. But this is every single freaking scenario when there's clearly an alternative way that's much easier, and people constantly respond negatively to his solution of it. By now he should realize that it isn't feasible and that we do not approve of such a solution.

Even though most of these scenarios are ridiculous and crazy, this is basically a puzzle game and we try to come up with the most realistic solution possible.

I think Wallyhorse sees this "puzzle" differently...He thinks the point is to run service as efficiently as possible (from an operations standpoint), not as logically as possible (from a rider's standpoint). That's why he'll say things that make sense from an operations standpoint, e.g. "Extend the (E) to Brooklyn to serve (F) riders", but that will confuse the hell out of riders.

It's not that he's a foamer, it's just that he doesn't really understand the purpose of this thread.