Subway - What If?

VWM

(S) train stalls on northbound track at Broad Channel. Where do the (A)(S) go?

If the northbound platform is out for an extended period time:

(A) Rockaway branch terminates at Howard Beach. Additional trains sent to Lefferts if necessary.

(S) Two branches: One single track shuttle on southbound tracks from Howard Beach to Rockaway Park. Another shuttle operates between Beach 90th and Far Rockaway on opposite track.

Edited by darrylbaniaga38

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(S) train stalls on northbound track at Broad Channel. Where do the (A)(S) go?

Send the (A) to Rockaway Park instead of Far Rockaway, have the (A) wrongrail on the Rockaway branch as well as have the (S) run from Far Rockaway to Beach 90th via Hammel Wye or shuttle buses will provide service from Broad Channel to Far Rock

Guess stuff could turn at 96th on the NB side while the (1) uses the normal SB platform. (A) would have to bypass 135th in one direction, but if you wanted to make things interesting, the (D) could run to 125th as well and run local the other way.

I didn't mention this, but I'd also have a shuttle bus along 125th St to take people to the Lex and continuing over the bridge to Astoria for the (N)(Q), as well as shuttle buses running along the (1)(2)(3)(A)(B)(C)(D).

As for the bus service aspect of it, I think the (D) alone suffices since it connects with the (4) in the Bronx, and it's pretty much the equivalent of a crosstown line when used that way.

Based on how the MTA handled the Brighton line shutdowns, I'd assume that in this scenario, they'd run an express bus making stops at 149 Street–Grand Concourse, 145 Street (Saint Nicholas Avenue), 125 Street (Saint Nicholas Avenue), 96 Street (Broadway), and 72 Street (Broadway). The bus would continue without stopping to 59 Street–Columbus Circle, and then make stops at 57 Street–7 Avenue, 7 Avenue (53 Street), 34 Street–Penn Station (7 Avenue), 34 Street–Herald Square, and Grand Central–42 Street. Those in the Bronx have the option of taking the train down Lexington Avenue before getting on the shuttle bus at Grand Central–42 Street.

Next:

A water main break just north of Duffy Square (47th where Broadway and 7th Avenues cross over) is playing havoc with the Broadway-7th Avenue lines.  Trains can use Times Square to cross and enter, but that station is closed to passengers and other area stations are closed on the Broadway and 7th Avenue lines up to 54th Street (crossovers can be used, however).

At the same time. switching issues coming off the Willy B have made it so trains can't go into the center track at Essex Street from the Willy B AND any train entering Essex Street from the Willy B MUST go via 6th Avenue (trains coming from Nassau can come into Essex on the middle track).  A separate issue just north of 2nd Avenue on the (F) has make it so trains can't go north of there (this doesn't affect trains coming from Essex off the Willy B, which can get to the 6th Avenue line). 

Edited by Wallyhorse

Next:

A water main break just north of Duffy Square (47th where Broadway and 7th Avenues cross over) is playing havoc with the Broadway-7th Avenue lines.  Trains can use Times Square to cross and enter, but that station is closed to passengers and other area stations are closed on the Broadway and 7th Avenue lines up to 54th Street (crossovers can be used, however).

At the same time. switching issues coming off the Willy B have made it so trains can't go into the center track at Essex Street from the Willy B AND any train entering Essex Street from the Willy B MUST go via 6th Avenue (trains coming from Nassau can come into Essex on the middle track).  A separate issue just north of 2nd Avenue on the (F) has make it so trains can't go north of there (this doesn't affect trains coming from Essex off the Willy B, which can get to the 6th Avenue line). 

(1) Runs between 242nd and 96th St, and between 34th St and SF.

(2) Re-routed via Lexington Av Line.

(3) Runs between 148th St and 72nd St (Southbound 3 trains will stop on the N/B exp track at 96th St running exp to 72nd St,then relaying to run local back uptown. Second section from Penn Sta normal service to Bklyn.

(J) regular service from Jamaica to Myrtle.

(M) normal.

(F) runs via (A) N/B, regular service S/B.

Shuttle buses provide service from 2nd Av to Bway-Lafayette, 149th St G.C to 135th. Since theres a water main break there probably isnt traffic allowed in the vicinity of Times Sq and 54th St. Also buses provide service to those stops south of Essex St

Next:

You seem keen on hobbling the (E) or (F) so that Jamaica, Broadway, or Crosstown trains run to 179 Street. That Chrystie Street connection also sees a lot of use in your What If scenarios.

At the same time. switching issues coming off the Willy B have made it so trains can't go into the center track at Essex Street from the Willy B AND any train entering Essex Street from the Willy B MUST go via 6th Avenue (trains coming from Nassau can come into Essex on the middle track). A separate issue just north of 2nd Avenue on the (F) has make it so trains can't go north of there (this doesn't affect trains coming from Essex off the Willy B, which can get to the 6th Avenue line).

In such a case, the correct thing to do is to end the (J) at Myrtle Avenue and let the (M) serve all the stations west of Myrtle Avenue. Skip-stop service is suspended. A shuttle train could service the short segment between Broad Street and Delancey Street–Essex Street, but it's probably not needed since alternative lines are plentiful and have transfers to the (M). Some (F) trains would go via Crosstown to Queens, but many would end up at Delancey Street–Essex Street to get people on the (M) for 6 Avenue. Where traffic conditions permit, some (F) trains also run via 8 Avenue local from Jay Street–MetroTech to West 4 Street–Washington Square. Since the (M) already goes to Queens Boulevard, it can pick up slack for the (F) as a local going via 63 Street and terminate at Jamaica–179 Street as crowding and traffic conditions dictate. Not all of them would go to 179 Street, however. The (G) would stay put as it's rule-of-thumb for the MTA to never extend the (G).

Next:

Assuming that 50 Street on Broadway and the nearby 49 Street on 7 Avenue are both crippled…

(1) trains would be suspended below 96 Street. Passengers are instructed to use nearby services.

(2) trains would be rerouted via the Lexington Avenue line (as it usually does). Some trains go to 96 Street.

(3) trains would run local or express between Chambers Street and Times Square–42 Street. They terminate at Times Square–42 Street. They also operate from 96 Street to Harlem–148 Street.

(N) trains in Queens run to 57 Street–7 Avenue and terminate there. The (7) will serve to connect Broadway in Manhattan to Astoria.

(R) trains are rerouted via 63 Street and 6 Avenue as a local, since 63 Street is the closest alternative to 60 Street. Service runs as normal from DeKalb Avenue to Bay Ridge–95 Street. Depending on crowding conditions and traffic, some trains terminate at Jamaica–179 Street instead of 71 Avenue–Forest Hills

(N) trains run local from Atlantic Avenue–Barclays Center to Canal Street to replace the (R). Some trains terminate at Whitehall Street and some terminate at Times Square–42 Street.

(Q) trains terminate at Times Square–42 Street with no service to Queens, but otherwise run as normal.

Edited by CenSin

I could do this in my sleep:

7th Ave Line:

(1) Trains are split into two sections (242 Street - 96 Street) (14 Street - New Lots Ave). (1) Trains borow R142's from the (2)

(2) runs via Lex but (5) is forced to become local.

(3) 145 St - 42 Street as a shuttle.

(9) comes back as a tempoary peak direction Express from 242 Street to DyckMan Street (with the exception of 225 Street and 207 Street) to relieve crowding off the (1), (9) runs bewteen 242 Street and 42 Street and between 14 Street and South Ferry.

Broadway Line:

Downtown (R): (R) runs via the (F) from Forest Hills 71 Ave to B'way-Layfayette then via the (D) to Dekalb Ave then its normal route to Bay Ridge

Uptown (R): Runs via the (D) to B'way but then via the (M) to Forest Hills 71 Ave.

(N)(Q): Terminate in QueensBoro,  no service in Manhattan. Service is avaible in Queens and Brooklyn, replaced by shuttle buses in Manhattan.

Nassu Line:

(J) ends at Myrtle Ave

I could do this in my sleep:

7th Ave Line:

(1) Trains are split into two sections (242 Street - 96 Street) (14 Street - New Lots Ave). (1) Trains borow R142's from the (2)

(2) runs via Lex but (5) is forced to become local.

(9) comes back as a tempoary peak direction Express from 242 Street to DyckMan Street (with the exception of 225 Street and 207 Street) to relieve crowding off the (1), (9) runs bewteen 242 Street and 42 Street and between 14 Street and South Ferry.

Broadway Line:

Downtown (R): (R) runs via the (F) from Forest Hills 71 Ave to B'way-Layfayette then via the (D) to Dekalb Ave then its normal route to Bay Ridge

Uptown (R): Runs via the (D) to B'way but then via the (M) to Forest Hills 71 Ave.

(N)(Q): Terminate in QueensBoro,  no service in Manhattan. Service is avaible in Queens and Brooklyn, replaced by shuttle buses in Manhattan.

Nassu Line:

(J) ends at Myrtle Ave

(9) ← This is a pretty good indicator that your solution should be dismissed.

And if you read the scenario carefully, you'd notice that the problem is at 47 Street, which lies between 145 Street and 42 Street. Consult your longest number line in any math textbook to confirm.

(9) ← This is a pretty good indicator that your solution should be dismissed.

And if you read the scenario carefully, you'd notice that the problem is at 47 Street, which lies between 145 Street and 42 Street. Consult your longest number line in any math textbook to confirm.

Look let me tell you something CenSin, you dont have to hate and post your opinon on what me and WallyHorse post evry SINGLE time, I have put up with it for as long as I can, but this has to stop. I am trying to get as much as people as possible from Bronx to South Ferry without them getting them crushed in shuttle buses and overcrowded trains.

Edited by Javier

Look let me tell you something CenSin, you dont have to hate and post your opinon on what me and WallyHorse post evry SINGLE time, I have put up with it for as long as I can, but this has to stop. I am trying to get as much as people as possible from Bronx to South Ferry without them getting them crushed in shuttle buses and overcrowded trains.

So brining back a bullet that has been gone for 10 years for something thats gonna last for a few hours isn't gonna confuse people...

So brining back a bullet that has been gone for 10 years for something thats gonna last for a few hours isn't gonna confuse people...

Agree completely. Trains go express all the time. Just announce that it's going express and will be skipping stations. No need for a special bullet.

Oh lord... So bringing back the (H) during Hurricane Sandy confused a lot of people to?

The (H) lasted a few months, about half a year for the stranded people in the Rockaways after hurricane sandy. Your " (9) " is just a renamed (1) that will probably not even run for a week and is both unnecessary and impossible because of the scenario mentioned. Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Look let me tell you something CenSin, you dont have to hate and post your opinon on what me and WallyHorse post evry SINGLE time, I have put up with it for as long as I can, but this has to stop.

I'm more blunt, but I'm certainly not the only one. It's not like you don't have any sort of talent in anything, and you've made good posts before, particularly in photography and graphics; it's just that you haven't stopped playing dumb (which you did claim to stop).

I am trying to get as much as people as possible from Bronx to South Ferry without them getting them crushed in shuttle buses and overcrowded trains.

I'm telling you that it was a shoddy attempt since you casually overlooked a bunch of details. It's like forgetting to do 50% of the homework because you forgot to flip the page over. (My answer to your question is also, "yes.")

I could do this in my sleep

And apparently, you did do it while sleeping!

Trains that terminate at 14 Street can only run express. The switches don't permit uptown local trains to terminate there. If you're running this train to New Lots Avenue, then technically, it's a (3) and not a (1) since the route is entirely a subset of the (3). It doesn't even touch South Ferry while you ironically claim:

I am trying to get as much as people as possible from Bronx to South Ferry without them getting them crushed in shuttle buses and overcrowded trains.

But let's give you a pass on that one since the (2), (4), and (5) are technically from the Bronx, and you are getting them to Bowling Green which is a stone's throw away from South Ferry.

There's problem the disables the 7 Avenue and Broadway lines around 47 Street. Stations in the area include 50 Street on Broadway, and 49 Street on 7 Avenue. That means (3) trains aren't going to be going to Times Square–42 Street.

But to be fair, Wallyhorse wasn't clear on the issue. There's a mention of problems going up to 54 Street too, but if that were the case, the 7 Avenue station on 53 Street would be flooded too, and so would the next station east—5 Avenue–53 Street—which is at a lower elevation. There's no mention of problems there, so absent of further details, we can assume that 7 Avenue is more or less functional (with maybe the trains skipping the stop). I suspect that this could be one of his attempts to contrive a scenario where the (M) goes to 145 Street or Bedford Park Boulevard. But again, the details he gave don't definitively support that.

So what happened to the (N) and (Q) in Manhattan and Brooklyn? Where do they go?

Oh lord... So bringing back the (H) during Hurricane Sandy confused a lot of people to?

That hypothetical (9) wouldn't even run long enough before the map editors could get the update to the printers. That (H) lasted quite a while and its route served a meaningful purpose.

The next time you post, read up on some of the past responses by RTOMan, SubwayGuy, Trainmaster5, Snowblock, TwoTimer, or AndrewJC. They know their s**t, and if your post conflicts with their opinions, you'd better review what you wrote before submitting. Think things through first.

It's not like I don't make mistakes, but I let a lot less of them slip through my fingers. You're free to criticize me too, given that you can find those mistakes.

Edited by CenSin

Keys keep this going...

Manhattan Bridge collapses. No talk of it ever being rebuilt. Change away...and be logical about it

Grand Street becomes abandoned due to low ridership (but returns once the 2 Avenue line goes to phrase 4)

(B) becomes a rush hour only route between Broadway-Lafayette Street and Bedford Park Blvd (extended to 2 Avenue once the Chrystie Street Manhattan Bridge tracks are dismantled.

(D) returns to the Culver line, but as an express to Coney Island. Peak directon service runs express north of kings Highway.

(F) is cut to kings Highway. Late nights, ends at 2 Avenue.

(J) extends to Bay Ridge at all times, (Z) is unaffected.

(N) runs via Montague at all times. Extra trains run between Whitehall Street and Astoria weekdays.

Same for the (Q), but ends at 57 Street at all times via Broadway express.

The (R) is reconfigured as a Broadway Express between Canal street (Manhattan Bridge tracks, where a crossover will be created for it to terminate) and Forest Hills.

A new (K) now runs between Atlantic Avenue and Coney Island via West End and 4 Avenue express at all times.

Not an easy task, but I did it.

As these changes would be permanent:

Keys keep this going...

Manhattan Bridge collapses. No talk of it ever being rebuilt. Change away...and be logical about it

A new crossover track is put in on the southbound side near Broadway-Lafayette and another new crossover is put in north/west of Grand Street so Grand Street can become a terminal. 

Additional new crossovers are put in as follows:
North/west of the Bridge Level Tracks at Canal Street so it can become a terminal
Between the Atlantic Avenue Station on the Brighton Line and where other tracks from DeKalb merge/separate.

(A) becomes a 24/7 express line along Fulton Street

(B) operates between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM on weekdays between Grand Street and 145th Street, extended rush hours to Bedford Park Boulevard.

(C) becomes a 24/7 line and operates as follows:
Between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM weekdays the line operates as it currently does to Euclid Avenue
All other times between Grand Street and 168th Street,

(D) returns to the Culver Line as follows:
Between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM weekdays as a Culver Express between Jay Street and Church Avenue
All other times via Culver Local as the (F) currently does in Brooklyn.

(F) runs as follows:
As it currently does between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM Weekdays EXCEPT the line now terminates at Church Avenue
All other times: Normal route to Jay Street, then via the Fulton Street Line to Euclid Avenue

(M) becomes a 24/7 line and runs as follows:
Current route to 71st-Continental between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM on weekdays
To 145th Street via Central Park West at all other times.

(N) and (Q) BOTH operate as a loop via the Tunnel at all times from Ditmars Boulevard with BOTH LINES running along the Sea Beach and Brighton lines (through Coney Island) as follows (Both run via Brighton Express):
(N) runs normal route via 4th Avenue express and Sea Beach and then via Brighton before returning to Manhattan
(Q) runs normal route via Brighton and then via Sea Beach and 4th Avenue express before returning to Manhattan
(Notes: Coney Island is considered to be the south terminal for this purpose and during rush hours, some trains terminate on the bridge level of Canal Street in Manhattan).

(R) runs as it does now except for running overnights to Whitehall Street.

I just going to ignore what CenSin says, and I will put a little less foam in this sceniro.

Keys keep this going...

Flyovers are installed at 34 Street connecting the (N)(Q)(R) to the (B)(D)(F)

(B) Runs via the (R) from 34 Street to Atlantic Avenue - Barclays then via the (Q) from Atlantic to Brighton Beach, operating time remains unchanged.

(C) Becomes 24/7 Local Line

A flyover junction is placed at 4 Av-9 St connecting the (F) to the (D) and (R) Line

(D) runs via the (F) from B'way to 4 Ave then switches to flyover and runs regular route to Coney Island. 

(N)(Q) run via the (R) from Canal Street to Fulton Street then via their orignal routes.

Orange S runs from 34 Street to Grand Street via Local.

(G) Is Extended back to 71 Street when (M) is running to 145 Street.

(M) Runs to 71 Av from 5 am to 5 PM.

Other times (M) runs to 145 Street and in case that the (B)(D) gets backed up becuase the M is running, the M is extened to Bedford Pk Blvd.

Some D trains run via the F in case there are back-ups at 4 Av.

Someone please give me a opnion on if this is good or not? 

As these changes would be permanent:

A new crossover track is put in on the southbound side near Broadway-Lafayette and another new crossover is put in north/west of Grand Street so Grand Street can become a terminal. 

Additional new crossovers are put in as follows:

North/west of the Bridge Level Tracks at Canal Street so it can become a terminal

Between the Atlantic Avenue Station on the Brighton Line and where other tracks from DeKalb merge/separate.

(A) becomes a 24/7 express line along Fulton Street

(B) operates between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM on weekdays between Grand Street and 145th Street, extended rush hours to Bedford Park Boulevard.

(C) becomes a 24/7 line and operates as follows:

Between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM weekdays the line operates as it currently does to Euclid Avenue

All other times between Grand Street and 168th Street,

(D) returns to the Culver Line as follows:

Between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM weekdays as a Culver Express between Jay Street and Church Avenue

All other times via Culver Local as the (F) currently does in Brooklyn.

(F) runs as follows:

As it currently does between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM Weekdays EXCEPT the line now terminates at Church Avenue

All other times: Normal route to Jay Street, then via the Fulton Street Line to Euclid Avenue

(M) becomes a 24/7 line and runs as follows:

Current route to 71st-Continental between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM on weekdays

To 145th Street via Central Park West at all other times.

(N) and (Q) BOTH operate as a loop via the Tunnel at all times from Ditmars Boulevard with BOTH LINES running along the Sea Beach and Brighton lines (through Coney Island) as follows (Both run via Brighton Express):

(N) runs normal route via 4th Avenue express and Sea Beach and then via Brighton before returning to Manhattan

(Q) runs normal route via Brighton and then via Sea Beach and 4th Avenue express before returning to Manhattan

(Notes: Coney Island is considered to be the south terminal for this purpose and during rush hours, some trains terminate on the bridge level of Canal Street in Manhattan).

(R) runs as it does now except for running overnights to Whitehall Street.

Correcting, the (N) and (Q) are both Brighton LOCALS, not Express trains.

Change away...and be logical about it

And there's the operative word.

Manhattan Bridge collapses. No talk of it ever being rebuilt.

Pre-SAS

14tr2f9.png

Grand Street is abandoned. The trackways to Grand Street from Broadway–Lafayette Street are filled in and the express tracks run through to 2 Avenue. The diamond switch is not reinstalled east of Broadway–Lafayette Street, but replaces the connection from the Brooklyn-bound local track to the southern express track just west of 2 Avenue.

(B) runs to 2 Avenue only instead of Brighton Beach. It terminates using the center pair of tracks.

(D) runs to Coney Island via Culver express (between Bergen Street and Church Avenue). During weekday rush hours, it also runs express between Church Avenue and Kings Highway in the peak direction. At night, it runs local along 6 Avenue and Culver.

(F) runs to Church Avenue or Kings Highway as a local during rush hours. At all other times, it runs only to Church Avenue.

(M) remains as it is today.

Set up this way, there are never more than 2 routes running on any segment of track, and all 4 routes can be supported without too much congestion between Broadway–Lafayette Street and 2 Avenue.

At Canal Street, the bridge platforms are taken out of regular service. It remains open as a passageway for transfers between other lines and as a terminal for rerouted trains. East of the station where the tracks from Chambers Street formerly connected to the tunnel, a diamond switch is installed for turning back trains.

You can't funnel Bay Ridge, Sea Beach, West End, and Brighton all into a pair of tracks, so of the 4 branches, Bay Ridge is out. And since West End and Sea Beach run closely together, the frequency of service can be lowered on each.

(N) runs via tunnel as it does at night, and local via 4 Avenue as it did when the Manhattan Bridge was closed for construction.

(Q) runs via tunnel, but express between Canal Street and 34 Street. Terminals remain the same as the current.

(R) runs via West End and 4 Avenue express. At night, it runs local via 4 Avenue.

(W) runs between Bay Ridge–95 Street and 59 Street, terminating on the express tracks at 59 Street. North of 59 Street, a diamond switch is installed to turn trains around. (N) trains get priority over the (W) at the switches so they are not delayed to/from Manhattan.

This amounts to the least construction possible to keep the system useable, and routes aren't altered too drastically.

This is what the current area around Broadway–Lafayette Street looks like, by the way:

2hnrvdg.jpg

If they're not talking about rebuilding a bridge connection in this scenario, hopefully it's obvious that a few tunnels need to be built to restore some sanity into the system. It'd be an opportunity to build a better link between Manhattan and Brooklyn, and maybe 2 Avenue might finally serve its original purpose.

I just going to ignore what CenSin says, and I will put a little less foam in this sceniro.

Flyovers are installed at 34 Street connecting the (N)(Q)(R) to the (B)(D)(F)

(B) Runs via the (R) from 34 Street to Atlantic Avenue - Barclays then via the (Q) from Atlantic to Brighton Beach, operating time remains unchanged.

(C) Becomes 24/7 Local Line

A flyover junction is placed at 4 Av-9 St connecting the (F) to the (D) and (R) Line

(D) runs via the (F) from B'way to 4 Ave then switches to flyover and runs regular route to Coney Island. 

(N)(Q) run via the (R) from Canal Street to Fulton Street then via their orignal routes.

(G) Is Extended back to 71 Street when (M) is running to 145 Street.

(M) Runs to 71 Av from 5 am to 5 PM.

Other times (M) runs to 145 Street and in case that the (B)(D) gets backed up becuase the M is running, the M is extened to Bedford Pk Blvd.

I can tell you one thing: all of that amounts to more work than building another bridge, and most (if not all of it) are going to win an engineering award if actually completed successfully. The devil is in the details.

Flyovers are installed at 34 Street connecting the NQR to the BDF

B Runs via the R from 34 Street to Atlantic Avenue - Barclays then via the Q from Atlantic to Brighton Beach, operating time remains unchanged.

C Becomes 24/7 Local Line

A flyover junction is placed at 4 Av-9 St connecting the F to the D and R Line

D runs via the F from B'way to 4 Ave then switches to flyover and runs regular route to Coney Island. 

NQ run via the R from Canal Street to Fulton Street then via their orignal routes.

G Is Extended back to 71 Street when M is running to 145 Street.

M Runs to 71 Av from 5 am to 5 PM.

Other times M runs to 145 Street and in case that the BD gets backed up becuase the M is running, the M is extened to Bedford Pk Blvd.

All you have to do is just send all 3 Broadway lines via the tunnel, including the (N) being local along 4th Ave. As for the (B) and  (D), suspend the former entirely and split the latter in half. Simple.

Instead, you're doing all of this extra shit...which in turn, costs money and confusion at best...

I will always view the (C) as short turning (A) trains doing local stops and nothing more than that...I mean that's what it basically is, which is why I sometimes don't like to view it as a separate line from that of the (A)...

Edited by RollOver

Next:

Due to construction, no (7) trains between Queensboro Plaza and Times Square, and s/b trains run express from 74th St to Queensboro Plaza.

Due to stalled train in 60th St tunnel and workers crowding area, (R) via (F), (Q) to Times Square, (N) no service between Lex-Queensboro Plaza.

Water leakage forced the connection between Times Square and PABT closed.

Due to construction, s/b (F) terminate at Kings Highway, s/b (Q) terminate at Brighton Beach, and n/b (Q) express to Prospect Park.

You are a tourist going from Parkside Av to 69th St. How would you do that, my little unlucky tourist?

P.S. IT'S THE WEEKEND!

Bonus: NYPD activity at 74th St-Broadway caused (7) to bypass the station. +1 if completed successfully.  :ph34r:

I'm trying to restore the system to a less chatoic level, and what my ideas I put in are to help restore the subway to a less chatoic level without backing up trains. Installing flyovers do not cost that much money, and it's better to run full lines then split lines. Unless you want to reroute everything over the WillyB or the Brooklyn Bridge.