Mouse pointer lag problems Windows 7

So one thing that has been driving me crazy with this new laptop is the mouse pointer. For some reason, the mouse will lag and I have not been able to figure out why. I tried making adjustments to the mouse itself to no avail. From the research that I did it seems to be a Windows 7 problem. I was going to call Fujitsu because I thought it was a problem with the laptop, but alas... ;)

if the speed of the pointer is slow, there's a setting under control panel > mouse you can change to speed it up....

(I don't know if that's what you mean when you say "making adjustments to the mouse itself").....

if the control panel setting is at a point where normally the cursor should move at a decent rate, and it's still lagging.... that sounds like like you have waaaaay too many processes running (or a few that's takin up waaay too much resources)....

I also have the same question MTARegional Bus does about your CPU %-tage, if that's the case (although I don't think it's a video card issue)....

It could just be something as simple as a filthy trackball accumulating dirt inside the mouse....

If it's a wireless, then I would try the mouse out on different pads/surfaces to rule out your mouse pad as being the issue....

XP has that problem as well, it could be issue with the video card. try to reformat the laptop or update the drivers. hope that works.

How much is your CPU running?

I have it set to go to sleep after 10 minutes or so and I really only use it for work. Other than that it stays in my laptop bag off and I use my other Fujitsu laptop at home, which has Windows XP. All I run on it is Google Chrome, Word, Excel and PowerPoint for working on translation projects.

The CPU runs fine. I had some bugs at first, but after all of the Windows Updates, it has been running fine. From what I can see a lot of folks w/Windows 7 has this problem, so I'm going to call Fujitsu and have them tell me what in the devil is going on. :mad: I have to say though that I really hate Windows 7. I just bought this laptop not even a few months ago, so I'm not in the mood for re-formatting it, but if I have to, I'll get the drivers for Windows XP Pro and install that on it. Microsoft screwed up everything good with XP and ruined Windows 7 taking the customization out of the user's hands and trying to decide what they think the user wants and needs. :mad: :tdown:

if the speed of the pointer is slow, there's a setting under control panel > mouse you can change to speed it up....

(I don't know if that's what you mean when you say "making adjustments to the mouse itself").....

if the control panel setting is at a point where normally the cursor should move at a decent rate, and it's still lagging.... that sounds like like you have waaaaay too many processes running (or a few that's takin up waaay too much resources)....

I also have the same question MTARegional Bus does about your CPU %-tage, if that's the case (although I don't think it's a video card issue)....

It could just be something as simple as a filthy trackball accumulating dirt inside the mouse....

If it's a wireless, then I would try the mouse out on different pads/surfaces to rule out your mouse pad as being the issue....

I say lag, but it's not really the best word for it. I use the touchpad for both laptops. For the new one though, it has a tendency to act like it falls behind, but it's not because of any CPU usage or anything because the CPU usage is very low... Under 10%... It's almost like there is some sort of conflict of something when I go to move the cursor and say I want to move quickly from one page to another, the cursor will sort of drag the page instead of allowing me to move to the next page and view it and it acts as if it is locked up or lost or something momentarily. No rhyme or reason as to why it happens either.

I have it set to go to sleep after 10 minutes or so and I really only use it for work. Other than that it stays in my laptop bag off and I use my other Fujitsu laptop at home, which has Windows XP. All I run on it is Google Chrome, Word, Excel and PowerPoint for working on translation projects.

The CPU runs fine. I had some bugs at first, but after all of the Windows Updates, it has been running fine. From what I can see a lot of folks w/Windows 7 has this problem, so I'm going to call Fujitsu and have them tell me what in the devil is going on. :mad: I have to say though that I really hate Windows 7. I just bought this laptop not even a few months ago, so I'm not in the mood for re-formatting it, but if I have to, I'll get the drivers for Windows XP Pro and install that on it. Microsoft screwed up everything good with XP and ruined Windows 7 taking the customization out of the user's hands and trying to decide what they think the user wants and needs. :mad: :tdown:

I say lag, but it's not really the best word for it. I use the touchpad for both laptops. For the new one though, it has a tendency to act like it falls behind, but it's not because of any CPU usage or anything because the CPU usage is very low... Under 10%... It's almost like there is some sort of conflict of something when I go to move the cursor and say I want to move quickly from one page to another, the cursor will sort of drag the page instead of allowing me to move to the next page and view it and it acts as if it is locked up or lost or something momentarily. No rhyme or reason as to why it happens either.

Wouldn't do that if I was you. Microsoft will phase out XP in the not too distant future;)

So one thing that has been driving me crazy with this new laptop is the mouse pointer. For some reason, the mouse will lag and I have not been able to figure out why. I tried making adjustments to the mouse itself to no avail. From the research that I did it seems to be a Windows 7 problem. I was going to call Fujitsu because I thought it was a problem with the laptop, but alas... ;)

Does the pointer move and then stop for a second and then start moving again?

Wouldn't do that if I was you. Microsoft will phase out XP in the not too distant future;)

Oh well... Worst case scenario, I would just put Windows 7 back on it. I have the CDs at home. Fujitsu is old school with that, which I love.

Does the pointer move and then stop for a second and then start moving again?

Sometimes I'll have two pages open or two documents open side by side comparing them (Spanish next to an English document) (sometimes not) and I'll need to move from one page or document to the other, and when I go to the touch pad to do so, instead of it moving normally, it will move the page in the way that I don't want it to and once I catch it it's like the cursor appears to be lagging for a second and it starts spinning. I'll get a little circular thingy for the cursor and I'll stop because it's not doing what I want it to and is moving a page or document in the wrong direction and then it'll catch itself, stop and then I can proceed with what I wanted to do. It's really annoying to say the least and while it appears to be an Windows 7 issue, I can't figure out what is causing it. It's not a lag that's being caused by too many programs being open either, because sometimes I'm on here and I'm trying to move the page down and the friggin' cursor just starts acting up as if it's trying to do it's own thing and I have to stop, wait for the circular thingy to stop and then proceed. :)

Oh well... Worst case scenario, I would just put Windows 7 back on it. I have the CDs at home. Fujitsu is old school with that, which I love.

Sometimes I'll have two pages open or two documents open side by side comparing them (Spanish next to an English document) (sometimes not) and I'll need to move from one page or document to the other, and when I go to the touch pad to do so, instead of it moving normally, it will move the page in the way that I don't want it to and once I catch it it's like the cursor appears to be lagging for a second and it starts spinning. I'll get a little circular thingy for the cursor and I'll stop because it's not doing what I want it to and is moving a page or document in the wrong direction and then it'll catch itself, stop and then I can proceed with what I wanted to do. It's really annoying to say the least and while it appears to be an Windows 7 issue, I can't figure out what is causing it. It's not a lag that's being caused by too many programs being open either, because sometimes I'm on here and I'm trying to move the page down and the friggin' cursor just starts acting up as if it's trying to do it's own thing and I have to stop, wait for the circular thingy to stop and then proceed. :P

Sounds like something in the background may be making the computer lag. Open Task Manager and hit the Performance tab. When it acts up, look at the CPU usage and see if it's at 100%.

Sounds like something in the background may be making the computer lag. Open Task Manager and hit the Performance tab. When it acts up, look at the CPU usage and see if it's at 100%.

Nope... I told you the CPU usage hasn't been a problem. It happened just a little while ago when I first signed on to the site using the new laptop... :P

Nope... I told you the CPU usage hasn't been a problem. It happened just a little while ago when I first signed on to the site using the new laptop... ;)

Does the window turn white when it happens or is it just the cursor that spins?

Nah, nothing like that... The only that has a problem is the pointer. It just spins for a bit like it's lost. I'll remove my finger from the track pad and then it works normally again.

When you say spin, do you mean that the cursor turns into a circle with something spinning in the circle or do you mean the pointer starts jumping around in circles?

Archived