NJ transit part time bus operators recruitment

lawkev

I've heard horror stories about Run 1.

A couple of weeks ago the cops were down at the corner of Paterson Plank and County Av taking people off....they had Secaucus PD and the Hudson County Sheriff. I don't know what popped off but heads got busted!:tup:

I heard people talk down about the 190 and 161 but I've ridden them a couple of times and it doesn't seem that bad. Mostly working class people with a heavy Latino element. I think it has something to do with the amount of cash the B/Os have to deal with....one guy said he brings in 700-800 dollars on a normal day!

A couple of weeks ago the cops were down at the corner of Paterson Plank and County Av taking people off....they had Secaucus PD and the Hudson County Sheriff. I don't know what popped off but heads got busted!:tup:

I heard people talk down about the 190 and 161 but I've ridden them a couple of times and it doesn't seem that bad. Mostly working class people with a heavy Latino element. I think it has something to do with the amount of cash the B/Os have to deal with....one guy said he brings in 700-800 dollars on a normal day!

Personally, for me, the 161 is a lot better until you get to Paterson, then you got to deal with the knuckleheads on Park ave, Eastside Ave, the traffic on Main Street, and the BS at the BWY Bus Station. Besides that, I like the Route 46 traveling. It's rather fun and better than traveling on Main Ave....UGH.

As for what happened on County Ave and P.P.Road, those UPS dudes are nothing but trouble (NOT ALL OF THEM, BUT SOME). They act just like the "NICE PEOPLE" that ride the 124 to and from UPS: Attitude, smelling like weed, all loud even at 3AM. I mean, I'd figured, at 3am, ya would be QUIET and taking a nap. I did that trip one time and they expected me to wait for them. GTFOOH. 3AM, be ready to go. Shit, I left at 3:05 on PURPOSE, trying to be nice, and yet the wanted to get an attitude when they finally got in NY. Cuz by the time I got back to do the next trip, they were just getting on a 190. They were pissed but I didn't give a fluck. Those momo's were RUDE to me and other drivers, even when some drivers were too tired to drive home, so they took a 124 to Union City since some drivers lived close to Park ave and Bergenline. I took it cuz I didn't have a car and I'd get a nap, get to PABT, and take the 128 home at 3:30, yet you got these f**kking morons and I mean I wanted to smack them so bad, that their momma, grandmomma, great grandmomma, and their sugardaddies can feel it, so ******* loud and smelling like water will kill them if they use it with some Soap. Ugh.

I know that starting pay is 15.07 but what i if u have 3 to 4 years driving exp. Do they pay you more and what garage will help you become full time ?

I don't know if they'll give you more but you WILL learn how to drive our way. 3-4 exp = bad habits somewhere along the lines.

I was going to apply for NJT but Community Coach hired me first. Does anyone know anything about Community Coach?

My mother told me if I don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything.....that's my feeling on Community Coach.

It's a good learning experience as far as driving but it's nowhere to be long term,personally Shortline or even Rockland Coaches would be a better place to work......I would still apply for NJT P/T if I was you.

Community Coach starts out at $10/hr and you better have a cdl before hand or you'll be stuck there for 1-2 yrs or you will have to pay them back. But at the same time it's good exp. One thing if you can't get an easy run like the 77 which is a mci run you will be work to the death on those locals. And that's when you'll question that 10/hr pay. My mother always told me to speak the truth lol. When I applied at Community before njt the things I saw made me run out faster then I could say never mind. The schedule for one, I saw 5 or 6 drivers working 1hr for the whole week, now at 10/hr you do the math lol. That's peanuts.

If you don't have any exp. driving coach buses forget about getting a higher pay rate. Matter of fact we had a female who was just hired that drove dump trucks and she only started with 15.07. If you have a cdl then you don't have to xfer it you would only need to xfer it if you didn't have a cdl and needed the cdl training from njt. They will still train you to drive there buses Even if you came in with a cdl. Hope this helps......

How is the training going so far & is it hard.

Training is actually really cool. Real good instructors. So far I'm still in the classroom portion. First 7 days is classrooms for rules laws and regulations. I did some on the bus work today (wheelchair lift on an RTS). But overall it's fun. And it's not hard.

You know the school bus just isn't for me. I thought about it but at the end it that's not where my heart is

It isn't where my gfs heart is either but the company she's with is training her on there mcis and when she gets to njt it won't take her long. But your right tho, however the more exp. the better.

I drive a school bus in atlanta the good part is you get paid in the summer when you are off- when ever the kids are off so are you with pay - they train you for free but not too much overtime and i have not got a raise in two years because of the county budget--- the good and bad. I would like to work for the mta or njt - waiting for call from mta to take 2301 exam

• 1 year later...

NJT has three test coming up this month. Two are in south jersey for the Howell garage and one is in Hackensack. I live in east orange. Can I take all three or should I wait for the Hackensack testing session. In other words if I take the test for the Howell garage can I work in north jersey if I get through?

http://howell.patch.com/groups/announcements/p/nj-transit-is-testing-parttime-bus-operators-needed-in-howell-garage

http://howell.patch.com/groups/announcements/p/nj-transit-is-testing-parttime-bus-operators-needed-in-howell-garage_cec5d859

http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=CareersTo

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Archived