More single R-62As to Corona

T J Trainman

Hi Folks, 10 single unit R-62As arrived to Corona yard a few nights ago. The car #s are 1917-1926. These are the 10 odd ball singles that were assigned to the # 1 line. From what I have been told, 1926 is a lead motor on the SOUTH end of 1 consist. 1922, 1923, 1924, and 1925 are with 1926. The other half 1917-1921 are at Corona yard. If interested, Please keep your eyes peeled. Thanks.

Hi Folks, 10 single unit R-62As arrived to Corona yard a few nights ago. The car #s are 1917-1926. These are the 10 odd ball singles that were assigned to the # 1 line. From what I have been told, 1926 is a lead motor on the SOUTH end of 1 consist. 1922, 1923, 1924, and 1925 are with 1926. The other half 1917-1921 are at Corona yard. If interested, Please keep your eyes peeled. Thanks.

I remember catching one of those single sets on the (1) last summer. Are they gunna give that set from 240 street yard the LED lights the other (7) trains have (aka the lazy way to switch between local and express)

I still dont know why they stopped changing the front signs, thats typically what you see first before the LED lights on the side.

Because the trains are used for both express and local service, and it's easier to rely on the LEDs (since they're highly visible and constantly displayed) than manually crank the end rollsign.

Also should be interesting with more singles going to the 7...means there may be more all single trains...

I still dont know why they stopped changing the front signs, thats typically what you see first before the LED lights on the side.

If the train already rolled in as I came up or down the stairs, the front sign would not be the first thing I see.

Because the trains are used for both express and local service, and it's easier to rely on the LEDs (since they're highly visible and constantly displayed) than manually crank the end rollsign.

Also should be interesting with more singles going to the 7...means there may be more all single trains...

Old Fashioned walk between the cars for the on & off sides huh.

I ride the 7 fairly regularly and have never seen an all singles train - always the 5 car set and 6 singles.

Archived