Never thought I'd see an MTA bus this far out west...

Fan Railer

So what was 7025 doing out in Parsippany, NJ on route 46 west in my neck of the woods at 9:00pm (12/11/12)? Wish I could have shot a photo, but we were on the way home and the bus just popped up out of no where travelling in the opposite direction heading back to the city, so there was no time to do anything.. =/

So what was 7025 doing out in Parsippany, NJ on route 46 west in my neck of the woods at 9:00pm (12/11/12)? Wish I could have shot a photo, but we were on the way home and the bus just popped up out of no where travelling in the opposite direction heading back to the city, so there was no time to do anything.. =/

Going to NYC maybe. Because 7025 is new.

Before SBS came to the M15 I once saw 3 or 4 SBS wrapped buses in a row driving Northbound on the NJ Turnpike. They were going about the same speed as the rest of traffic, which was probably 60+ mph. I think this was somewhere between the Gothels and Holland tunnel.

Before SBS came to the M15 I once saw 3 or 4 SBS wrapped buses in a row driving Northbound on the NJ Turnpike. They were going about the same speed as the rest of traffic, which was probably 60+ mph. I think this was somewhere between the Gothels and Holland tunnel.

Makes sense. That's usually where I see MCI express buses coming from.... Some place other than the city. They must get worked on over in NJ or something. At one time I believe I recall somewhere seeing that the last batch of MCIs (22XXs) were stored somewhere in NJ before they were sent to their respective depots.

Makes sense. That's usually where I see MCI express buses coming from.... Some place other than the city. They must get worked on over in NJ or something. At one time I believe I recall somewhere seeing that the last batch of MCIs (22XXs) were stored somewhere in NJ before they were sent to their respective depots.

There's an Atlantic Diesel down Rte 80. I believe in Hackensack. I've seen a handful of MCI buses parked there from NYCT and NJ Transit.

Archived