China says will hit U.S. auto imports with duties

CenSin

China says will hit U.S. auto imports with duties

Chinese officials said the U.S.-built SUVs and luxury sedans were being dumped on the Chinese market and causing "substantial damage to China's domestic industry." Vehicle exports to China had already been subject to a 25 percent tariff and the new tariff will be in addition to that duty.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/china-says-hit-u-auto-imports-duties-171206762.html

Ironic, indeed!

What a joke. This is why we should boycotting Chinese products... [Ahem... Friggin iPhones & iPods that are "Designed in California"] :) They peg their dollar and refuse to accept American goods where possible or do things like this, but meanwhile we buy all of their toxic contaminated garbage. Correction... Other folks do... I buy American products as much as possible. Yes I buy Western European, Canadian, Japanese and so as well, but they have decent safety standards and quality. :cool: At least I can sleep at night not having to worry about toxic things in the products that I buy, and for that I'd rather pay more. :tup:

You have really got to be kidding me!!! I wouldn't give a damn if the US took 40% of the Chinese market!

We buy EVERYTHING they have! They can at least buy our cars!:mad:

They've been that way for years and the U.S. consumer has overlooked or ignored it because they were getting goods from them on the cheap, but now that the good days are gone and the recession has hit and the damage has been done everyone is waking up. The gov't only woke up when the Chinese wanted to buy American oil companies. They blocked that real fast. LOL

So we gave China the ability to have lots of nukes, and to have an aircraft carrier while they poisoned our pets, and loaded our fruit juice with arsenic. China you can go f**k yourself.

We never handed them any abilities. Rather, we did nothing to stop their growth. They're pros at stealing information, which we had plenty of.

And our fruit juice does not come from China… Those are mostly from South America or Florida.

What a joke. This is why we should boycotting Chinese products... [Ahem... Friggin iPhones & iPods that are "Designed in California"] :) They peg their dollar and refuse to accept American goods where possible or do things like this, but meanwhile we buy all of their toxic contaminated garbage. Correction... Other folks do... I buy American products as much as possible. Yes I buy Western European, Canadian, Japanese and so as well, but they have decent safety standards and quality. :cool: At least I can sleep at night not having to worry about toxic things in the products that I buy, and for that I'd rather pay more. :tup:

Boycotting Chinese products while still buying things made in China (like Iphones) wont work.

Arsenic Apple Juice | Arsenic levels in some apple, grape juices may be high, report finds - Los Angeles Times

The study also notes that some companies use apple juice concentrates from countries such as China where arsenic-tainted soil could be a problem as well.

This is China's new aircraft carrier. I perceive China as a threat.

t1larg.chinaaircraftcarrier.jpg

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/15/new-image-china-aircraft-carrier-at-sea/

I did a quick look-up and China appears to only contribute to 7% of our imported fruits and vegetables. Of those imports, the ones I see listed were: mushrooms, apple juice concentrate, and garlic. It contributes to 60% of our apple juice concentrate use. Apple juice concentrate appears to be the one fruit juice that does come from China, though this makes the assumption that all Chinese apple juice is unsafe and that other apple juices are perfectly safe.

(I'll take a leisurely stroll down the supermarket aisles this week to take a look at the juices. Most of them have country of origin labels. My original reason for stating that our fruit juice did not come from China was due to never encountering any fruit juices claiming to be from China. Most of them originate from Argentina, Chile, Brazil, if not produced domestically.)

Regardless of country of origin though, apples that are not organic can be assumed to have been treated with pesticides. However, you shouldn't have a problem with juice as long as you are buying fresh 100% juice from a reputable brand. If it can sit inside a sealed plastic bottle on your shelf for a year or two, it's probably not the kind you should be drinking. Go for 100% Florida orange juice.

Sources:

http://www.nationalaglawcenter.org/assets/crs/RL34468.pdf

Are There Toxic Poisons in Apple Juice? » DrAxe.com

No but juice concentrate does...

I stick with Florida's Natural. 100% Natural orange juice MADE IN USA [Florida of course] and none of that concentrated crappola. :cool: I must admit that sometimes I get natural orange juice from Italy (Whole Foods carries it from time to time) and it's really good. It's a bit overpriced because it's an "import", B) but it's really cheap in Italy and of high quality. Maybe 1€ or 2€ if that. :cool:

I stick with Florida's Natural. 100% Natural orange juice MADE IN USA [Florida of course] and none of that concentrated crappola. :cool: I must admit that sometimes I get natural orange juice from Italy (Whole Foods carries it from time to time) and it's really good. It's a bit overpriced because it's an "import", B) but it's really cheap in Italy and of high quality. Maybe 1€ or 2€ if that. :cool:

Florida's Natural and Simply Orange are the best "brand names" on the market.

Tropicana used to be better, but now they are highly mediocre.

Florida's Natural and Simply Orange are the best "brand names" on the market.

Tropicana used to be better, but now they are highly mediocre.

Simply Orange is among the best orange juice I've tried... Too bad it's expensive 'cause my parents don't/won't buy it

...But I still don't like how orange juice is squeezed here in the states... The whole squeeze the oranges, put the juice in a tank (for days or even months!), strip it of oxygen and re-flavor it when you're ready to ship thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Archived