Splitting The Q89

Guest MTA Bus

Again, in some places, there just isn't enough clearance for artics to turn, especially in Flushing, where the streets are crowded. Even the Orion Vs have a hard time turning most of the time, especially from Main Street to Roosevelt Avenue and vice versa. I doubt an artic could make that turn.

Artics can sure as hell make them turns. Its crowded, but people will make way.

Back in January, when (7) train service was suspended between 61st Street-Woodside and Main Street Flushing, artics were used and they got through the area pretty well.

Again, in some places, there just isn't enough clearance for artics to turn, especially in Flushing, where the streets are crowded. Even the Orion Vs have a hard time turning most of the time, especially from Main Street to Roosevelt Avenue and vice versa. I doubt an artic could make that turn.

Ummmm. Well as I can recall from many drivers including DOB. They all said its actually easier to turn a artic than a 40 so I think an artic would make the turn easier than a 40 footer.... DOB BACK ME UP ON THIS.....

But on another note.

I seen the Bx36 make the tightest turn on its route while on a artic @ 174st and Vyse and Hoe av and both those street are SMALLER than Main St and Rosevelt!!! ~Shrugs~ :eek:

The Bx15 doesn't really need artics, they got the Bx55 to cover most of the work in the Bronx (atleast when it's running). Not many people take the local Bx15 unless they have no choice or if the 15 comes before the 55 in the Bronx. As for the 36... Atleast they're trying, I see artics every morning AM Rush, same for the Bx8 and Bx31. (Okay why give the Bx8 2 artics?) Anyways I think if WF had enough Artics, the Bx15 Limited would be made to replace the 55. If they stopped wasting Artics on the 31 and 8, then thier Artic shortage wouldn't be as bad...

Artics on the Bx8? Smh. What a waste. But to add on to what orion was saying. The Bx15 really don't need artics or a Limited IMO..

Why? Like Orion said. You Got the Bx55 running all day and that's Limited and its a artic line. Also for a lot of people the live in bewteen Melrose/Webster and 3rd ave (3 blocks apart) have the Bx41 option as well. (When I lived on Park Ave I would take what ever I saw first!

And in manhattan the Bx15 riders have an option of taking the M60, M100, & M101 if they are getting off before broadway!..

I say keep it out of Stengel, and run WF artics during rush.

IMO, artics on the Q44 is a nightmare, flushing is flooded with cars, trucks and buses almost @ every part except when you go to the library where the Q44 and Q65 split. It would ( at times ) be a mess.

IMO, artics on the Q44 is a nightmare, flushing is flooded with cars, trucks and buses almost @ every part except when you go to the library where the Q44 and Q65 split. It would ( at times ) be a mess.

If the M101 can get through 125th, M14 through 14th st, M23 throught 23rd st, then the Q44 on a artic can get through Main st!

I think there is some kind of misconseption with the artics. It's a 30ft bus, with another 30ft bus in tow. They can hit some corners better than 40fters.

If the M101 can get through 125th, M14 through 14th st, M23 throught 23rd st, then the Q44 on a artic can get through Main st!

I agree 100. BTW, were you at the roadeo??

Artics can make very tight turns, check out that turn on Hunts Point with the Bx5, tight turn near 174st station on the Bx36, Katonah Avenue on the Bx31, Westchester Avenue with the Bx8, the artics tackle these on a daily basis, they can handle Queens.

I suppose, but the amount of buses there are in main street/roosevelt ave is just crazy. I'm not sure about 125th cause I've never been around there, but 14th street is not as crowded as flushing. I mean, once the artic reaches Union Street, its a clean ride from there.

I suppose, but the amount of buses there are in main street/roosevelt ave is just crazy. I'm not sure about 125th cause I've never been around there, but 14th street is not as crowded as flushing. I mean, once the artic reaches Union Street, its a clean ride from there.

14st can get very crowded at times, but 125th is always crowded. From 2nd Ave all the way to about 8th Ave there double parked cars and trucks on both sides of the street and you Have the M60, M100, M101 and the Bx15 constantly coming by on both sides. Its crazy over there..

I agree 100. BTW, were you at the roadeo??

After I saw the pictures from saturday I decided not to go. It wasn't enough buses out there for me. I wanted to see the flexible and that wasn't there. No orion 6 or 5. They didn't bring out a lot of joints I wanted to see.

14st can get very crowded at times, but 125th is always crowded. From 2nd Ave all the way to about 8th Ave there double parked cars and trucks on both sides of the street and you Have the M60, M100, M101 and the Bx15 constantly coming by on both sides. Its crazy over there..

After I saw the pictures from saturday I decided not to go. It wasn't enough buses out there for me. I wanted to see the flexible and that wasn't there. No orion 6 or 5. They didn't bring out a lot of joints I wanted to see.

Yeah i feel you on that. I expected to see more buses too.

Archived