Brokendown bus holds up traffic

East New York

Put the bus in neutral drive and have a Prevost give it a push from behind and get it to the curb out the way.

Lol!

I wonder how that bus just died in the middle of a turn. I'd think wit all that weight, the force could at least get it through the turn and off in one lane. Yikes.

We were all at the light. I was on an NG behind it, and when the light turned green, she died waiting on people to cross 5th Av.

Bus could have a bad air leak. If so then the brake automatically lock up after the bus falls below 30 PSI.

That could definitely be a cause.

I wonder how that bus just died in the middle of a turn. I'd think wit all that weight, the force could at least get it through the turn and off in one lane. Yikes.

Once these buses shutoff you lose the power steering. Unless you have some good upper body strength the best thing to do is just stop so you don't plow into someone or something. One of the guys at Bieber Tourways killed a guy on a motorcycle this summer trying to get his bus down the Lincoln Tunnel helix after it died at the top.

My question is what happened? I'm in a D4500/4505 on a daily basis and they will give you a warning if they are gonna give up the ghost.

Put the bus in neutral drive and have a Prevost give it a push from behind and get it to the curb out the way.

Funny thing you said that because we do that sometimes with RTS's and D60's when we can't find a forklift or the tractor...

Archived