BRT Suggestions

tripleeye49

125 Street BRT (runs lengthwise along 125th Street then 1St / 2nd Avenues in Manhattan or Third & Webster Avenues in the Bronx)

Lexington Avenue / 3rd Avenue BRT (Runs along Lexington / 3rd Avenue / Bowery; from 125th Street to South Ferry)

Amsterdam Avenue BRT (193rd Street to Battery Park)

Broadway BRT (262nd Street to Bowling Green)

42nd Street BRT (From Javits to UN)

Madison Avenue BRT (135th Street to 14th Street)

your ideas are great but you have to remember that (MTA) can not just care about Manhattan. Then, they get in trouble.Your ideas are impossible because your lines are too short. First of all, a BRT called SBS in NYC is suppse to travel alongside originating lines. Such as in brooklyn B44 to relieve congestion and crowding on the buses. it is also used to cut limited-stop bus service. In Manhattan they are doing it on the M34 and M15 lines. There is one in the bronx but i forgot. They canceled the one in Queens (Q46) in order to make the M34. the Staten Island-brooklyn one is S79 to provide riders better access to S.I. Mall. But good ideas thought but too bad your ideas are too short.

your ideas are great but you have to remember that (MTA) can not just care about Manhattan. Then, they get in trouble.Your ideas are impossible because your lines are too short. First of all, a BRT called SBS in NYC is suppse to travel alongside originating lines. Such as in brooklyn B44 to relieve congestion and crowding on the buses. it is also used to cut limited-stop bus service. In Manhattan they are doing it on the M34 and M15 lines. There is one in the bronx but i forgot. They canceled the one in Queens (Q46) in order to make the M34. the Staten Island-brooklyn one is S79 to provide riders better access to S.I. Mall. But good ideas thought but too bad your ideas are too short.

I dunno about the M34 becoming an SBS route, but I know the M15 for sure.

The one in the Bronx is the Bx12 which starts this sunday.

i Dunno About The M34 Becoming An Sbs Route, But I Know The M15 For Sure.

The One In The Bronx Is The Bx12 Which Starts This Sunday.

Yeah.. I'll Be On That 12 Sunday To See How That Works!. I Bet Its Gonna Be Caos And Massive Confusion

Yeah.. I'll Be On That 12 Sunday To See How That Works!. I Bet Its Gonna Be Caos And Massive Confusion

Yeah i bet some regular riders are gonna bring their MetroCards on board on the SBS. the B/O might get confused of the right bus to take out of their depot.

Lex, B'way, 1/2 Avs definitely, but 42 St and a couple of the others could do well with a good limited.

True indeed about Bway, Lex, & 1/2 aves

BUT

How do you make a crosstown bus a Limited with out skiping the major transfer points? You Can't! Every stop is a Major ave! :eek:

True indeed about Bway, Lex, & 1/2 aves

BUT

How do you make a crosstown bus a Limited with out skiping the major transfer points? You Can't! Every stop is a Major ave! :eek:

I was thinking that too! Maybe it can stop at 1, 3, 5, B'way, 8, 10, and 12 Avs.

Yes taht would be good but then you got more buses on the crosstown avenue and more traffic and will be the same or slower than the regular buses. u know Manhattan

I agree.

Heck, pedestrians usually out-walk the crosstown 42st buses during the rush hours......BRT wouldn't work, as enforcement agents rarely keep others out of bus lanes.......

Archived