MCI's with security cameras

FlashThunder

I was on 9049 this evening, on 166T, and saw that security camera was installed on the front of the bus. I know that NABI buses have security cameras built in them, are there any other MCI's with security cameras?

Is this a test program or related to NJT's plan to equip their buses with announcements and GPS system that is similar to MTA's Bus time?

I was on 9049 this evening, on 166T, and saw that security camera was installed on the front of the bus. I know that NABI buses have security cameras built in them, are there any other MCI's with security cameras?

Is this a test program or related to NJT's plan to equip their buses with announcements and GPS system that is similar to MTA's Bus time?

Most, [if not all] of the MCIs have security cameras inside, the NOVAS have them too as well, at least on the buses in South Jersey.

All of the MCIs will have security cameras plus DriveCam (that's the camera in the windshield).

Looks like Meadowlands is getting the buses done pretty quick, my friend had 7431 yesterday and it was full camera'd up. I'm happy about the security camera but I think the DriveCam is gonna bring more problems than it solves....drivers are gonna be distracted trying not to set the damn thing off (the red circle of death! lol) then driving the bus.

They shouldnt have to worry to be honest. As long as they're doing their job, they got nothing to worry about. The camera feed goes to a outside company, which reviews it to see if there is a significant situation or not (from what i remember hearing). If there is one, it goes to NJT. Those cameras can go off on anything, even if the B/O was getting on, setting up the bus, and accidently nudges it. I've done it on NABI's where I set it off while setting up, but was never called into the office for anything. I wouldn't sweat it.

Yes they are. But, again, the video is reviewable. If the camera goes off, but you know you didn't do nothing, don't sweat it. That camera went off on me numerous times, but that was because of the roads in some places being so shitty and stuff that it jolted the bus like if there was an incident. NJT reviews all camera footage before deciding on if there needs to be a conversation with a B/O about any possible infractions.

Saw 8238 with camera as well. I guess Meadowland is getting their stuff quickly

It will be EVERY bus in NJT by the end of the year, not just Meadowlands. Oradell, Wayne, Market Street, Fairview, they're all next. It was about time given South Jersey and the Central Division garages have cams on their buses. Like I said, if you're doing nothing, don't sweat it.

I dont understand, why is it called the "Red Ring of Death"?

A big red light comes on when the camera turns on? What makes the camera turn on?

The DriveCam system works as this:

It records 10 seconds before the incident, the actual incident, and 10 seconds afterwards. So, a 20-21 second clip. What triggers the cam is sudden movement on the bus (A Sudden stop); If the bus is hit by an object (accident); or if someone hits the toggle button (only on the NABI)

Archived