Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
East New York

R32 on the A

Just out of curiosity, I was suprised when I saw 2 sets of R32's on the (A) this past weekend, and was wondering how often they do that? Anyone know??

The (A) consists of R44s, R42s, R38s, and R32s. There aren't a lot of R32s that run to my knowledge, but I have seen them on the (A), a rush hour put-in would be my best guess there.

Just out of curiosity, I was suprised when I saw 2 sets of R32's on the (A) this past weekend, and was wondering how often they do that? Anyone know??

The R32s have been running on the (A) for about 15 years now. There used to be quite a few R32s on the (A) and (C) lines. But as more R42s come to the (A) they bump the 32s over to jamaica yard.

Speaking of R32's, they are also used on the (F) and (R) lines. One thing is strange with the R32's and R38's: I rode the (C) train before and there R32 and R38 cars in the same train.

Speaking of R32's, they are also used on the (F) and (R) lines. One thing is strange with the R32's and R38's: I rode the (C) train before and there R32 and R38 cars in the same train.

Thats fairly common that happens a lot.

That used to happen a lot also with CI R42 and R40M on the (:( and (N) lines.

Most of them are coupled to the R38 Now

Yeah, they've been doing that alot more lately. Use to happen abit last year, then solid sets were much more than mixed, and now I see mixed R38s and R32s all over the place.