NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

Yeah I noticed the n35 midday reduction, could be a problem with NCC I dont know if thats a busy time though. They do have the n16x trips though. Most buses between HTC and RF are busy, even nights and weekends, so I wouldn't cut n35 service further. Or one could have the n35's end at HTC (outside of rush hour) and extend the 16 up to Westbury (no more n16 at RF).

But that may piss of ppl who use the n35 who transfer at RF to Jamaica bound buses. Then there's the college. And the n35 helps out taking a little load off the n22's coming to/from Westbury.

Edited by PinePower

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n22x

To improve service conditions, the n22x will now make an extra stop at the Mineola Intermodal Center, and New Hyde Park Road. However, the n22x will only stop at Hicksville LIRR, Post/ Maple, and Roosevelt Field Mall, then Mineola, New Hyde Park Road, and Jamaica.

The n22x will be a limited stop service for riders that want service to RF Mall during those times and to Mineola, and express on

n22L

PM peak service to Jamaica has been discontinued. Use the n22x for limited stop service towards Jamaica and to Points along the n22 route

(Please Note, n22x service does not stop at Lakeville Road, and Hillside Avenue Stops until Jamaica-179 street, use the n22a or n22)

Wow, so the n15 goes back on it's pre 2009 weekend route. Interesting

n2/8

Based on demand, service north of Hempstead Turnpike has been diverted to Frankin Avenue and Hempstead Tpke from Tulip/Covert Avenues, no longer serves Floral Park.

My Opinions

The n22x stopping at Mineola and Franklin Square is a good idea, although it would pack everyone like sardines

n2/8

Well I can understand this if n8 riders want the n8 from Franklin Avenue. Anyone that uses the n6 between Franklin Avenue and Covert Avenue will have the n2, n6x, and n8 as back ups, so actually thats pretty NICE

N80/N81/N50:

Kinda Saw that coming. Not many people use those routes north of the LIRR Station.

N73/N74:

Kinda Saw that coming also

I like these changes NICE is so kind True N50/80/81 are kinda useless north of hicksville as the small ppl on it use it to LIRR.

Yeah I noticed the n35 midday reduction, could be a problem with NCC I dont know if thats a busy time though. They do have the n16x trips though. Most buses between HTC and RF are busy, even nights and weekends, so I wouldn't cut n35 service further. Or one could have the n35's end at HTC (outside of rush hour) and extend the 16 up to Westbury (no more n16 at RF).

But that may piss of ppl who use the n35 who transfer at RF to Jamaica bound buses. Then there's the college. And the n35 helps out taking a little load off the n22's coming to/from Westbury.

Seems like there may be enough coverage with the N16, the N16x and N43.

Most N35's I see "north" of NCC are kind of empty, so it seems like they're trying to reduce the service on the northern portion, and have the N15 cover it since most riders on the N15 are just going between HTC and the Mall anyway, meanwhile riders can still use the N43 to get to and from the Mall and NCC. They probably save a lot of mileage gas/ not going the roundabout way to Roosevelt Field.

One issue I do see, is that there are N15 riders in the Old Country/Glen Cove Rd area that use the bus to get to and from Hempstead as they go to work/school/shop in the country glen area. In the evening you can see groups of people waiting for the N22, N24 and N15. Now they will have to Walk to the Roosevelt Field stop, or cross the street and take a bus into the mall.

I

Seems like there may be enough coverage with the N16, the N16x and N43.

Most N35's I see "north" of NCC are kind of empty, so it seems like they're trying to reduce the service on the northern portion, and have the N15 cover it since most riders on the N15 are just going between HTC and the Mall anyway, meanwhile riders can still use the N43 to get to and from the Mall and NCC. They probably save a lot of mileage gas/ not going the roundabout way to Roosevelt Field.

One issue I do see, is that there are N15 riders in the Old Country/Glen Cove Rd area that use the bus to get to and from Hempstead as they go to work/school/shop in the country glen area. In the evening you can see groups of people waiting for the N22, N24 and N15. Now they will have to Walk to the Roosevelt Field stop, or cross the street and take a bus into the mall.

I

Yeah the n35 carries light from Westbury except rush hours, rush hours you get alot of ppl at the stops along Post Ave. Outside of rush hours the n35 should be hourly north of RF (or NCC). The n35 gets some ridership off Post but not enough to warrant more than hourly. One could argue to eliminate it completely outside of rush hours, but some NCC students use it to get to the LIRR at night, as well as the workers by Fairway going to Hempstead.The n15 does get some riders from Old Country, but not that many. Most wait by Country Glen, and those ppl can just transfer to the n22 or n22a, n24, n27, and n23 to the RFM bus stop. It can also be walked but its not easy crossing Ring Road.

Just look at the schedules itself, the times no and compare it to the January Schedule, and you'll see what I'm talking about

NICE is too unorganized to make actual notes for these changes

Well, it seems you made some mistakes last night with some the notes you posted and Piney went and posted them on Facebook and on NICE's FB page, then realized they were wrong and retracted his statements. Did you double check all that? It really would have been better if Not-NICE posted notes officially, but I guess we ask for too much.

It seems like, since the April 8th changes, they have been posting subsequent modifications after they have already be implemented.

Yeah, it is their responsibility to update the public more often on what is happening, but I don't blame them for some of the mistakes on the website because their technology is old and does need to be updated a bit.

Yeah, it is their responsibility to update the public more often on what is happening, but I don't blame them for some of the mistakes on the website because their technology is old and does need to be updated a bit.

I think it's a combination of it being "old", and maybe the site is updated from Europe. I was poking around and saw German.

I got actual December 30th Brochure at Hempstead before I went to my main event 85th St Firehouse X-Mas Party in Yorkville.

Page 1

Nassau Inter-County Express will make adjustments on multiple routes Starting December 30th 2012.

These adjustments will help improve on time performance and in many cases, offer more transfer opprtunities. While the majority of these changes are Timestable changes only, a few routes will have actual restructuring. See this brochure for all the restructuring details.

For the following routes,please see the specific Timestable brochures or our go to nicebus.com for details.

List of buses

Page 2

Route Restructing Information

The following are minor route restructuring details that will be in effect starting on December 30th 2012.

n2/8

The n2/n8 will no longer travel north of Hempstead Turnpike along Covert Avenue. The bus will instead travel non-stop along Hempstead Turnpike to and from Meacham Avenue and Franklin Square. Buses will makepick ups on the farside of Hempstead Turnpike just after New Hyde Park Road.This new routing will restore transfers to the n25.

Page 3

n6 Express

We are additing Franklin Avenue as a new n6x stop. This will make express travel more convenient and will help with overcrowding on the n6.

n15

The n15 will no longer serve Mineola during off-peak times. Buses will travel up Clinton and then on Stewart to reach Roosevelt Field during non rush hours.For travel to Mineola, please use the n40/41.

n20/21

During peak hours, we'll be running Limited service instead of local.

Page 4

n22 Express

The n22x will now be making stops at New Hyde Park Road and at Mineola Intermodal Center.

n50/80/81

These routes now end at Hicksville LIRR. For service to the Broadway Mall, please transfer to the n20,n48/49.

n73

n73 off-peak trips will no longer travel on Cornflower Road, School House Road or on Hempstead Turnpike between Division Avenue and Jerusalem Avenue. Buses will instead travel up and down Jerusalem Avenue as the n74 route does..

Oh crap, I didn't even realize that now, almost all buses between Hicksville and Flushing during peak hours are all LIMITED. Well, Great Neck is screwed...

Arent only two trips outta hicksville local.

Anyways I see why they did this, because they learned this with the MTA and their logic of Limiteds full route and locals full line when limited isnt running

Same thing can be said with the 22a and 22L

Anyways I see why they did this, because they learned this with the MTA and their logic of Limiteds full route and locals full line when limited isnt running

Its both a good and a bad idea. Skipping Great Neck and Roslyn saves some time, but they're both very crowded stops during peak hours and lines will be insanely long. So glad I don't rely on this bus, or any NICE bus for that matter.