The "Ghost" Train?

Keon Milton

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that New Yorkers would call the (G) train the "ghost" train probably because it doesn't receive the respect and attention other subway lines have. I don't blame them. (G) trains are the same length as the (S) Rockaway Park Shuttle and the stations are not in the best condition along the line.

I would say this is true and false.

It's true because of having 4 cars and the reason of having 4 cars because of low ridership on the crosstown line and it will be a waste of money of having full length trains on the line.

It's false because the MTA did uprade the (G)'s fleet and repaired the line . The (G)'s fleet is now r68/A instead of the r46. The MTA did a lot of repairs on the line.

It's false because the MTA did uprade the (G)'s fleet and repaired the line . The (G)'s fleet is now r68/A instead of the r46. The MTA did a lot of repairs on the line.

True the (G) got R68/A cars,but i can't remember the last time the line got

any major repairs.(if ever)most of the stations look terrible and they have rust

like no tomorrow.at least the (C) line looks somewhat better.

True the (G) got R68/A cars,but i can't remember the last time the line got

any major repairs.(if ever)most of the stations look terrible and they have rust

like no tomorrow.at least the (C) line looks somewhat better.

The last time the g got repairs in 2010 between late Jaurnary to early february during the repairs the g was suspended for the entire route.

The last time the g got repairs in 2010 between late Jaurnary to early february during the repairs the g was suspended for the entire route.

I know they do some work along the line,but some of the stataons along the line need overhaul work.

To the (MTA), the (G) is pretty much the red-headed stepchild that no one respects. Ridership has grown somewhat (hipsters moving to Greenpoint) but there isn't enough cars around to make it full length. A bunch of the stations along that line are in dire need of repairs, espically Broadway (there's a tile there that still has thestation

name as BRODAWAY) and 21 St-Van Alst where the water damage at those stations is horrible.

Come to think of it, I don't ever recall the (G) having a full 600' train (not counting G.Os when it went to Coney Island) in ages

I remember them having full length cars it has been about 13 - 15 yrs now.

The G and GG we nicked named the coal miners because how dirty the train was and the conductor stood in the middle pressing the tabs down to close the doors.

71st Conti to Smith and 9th ride was it.

S/F,

CEYA!

I remember them gaving full length cars it has been about 13 - 15 yrs now.

The G and GG we named the coal miners because how dirty the train was and the condutor stood in the middle pressing the tabs down to close the doors.

S/F,

CEYA!

The "coal miners"? Clever!

• 2 months later...

Archived