Change in Brighton Line Service during the midday

I checked the Transit Authority's website today concerning Brighton Line service during the midday hours. I noted that the northbound B is stopping at Avenue U & Neck Road then running express from Kings Highway and the southbound Q is operating express from Kings Highway to Sheepshead Bay. At the bottom of the entry it stated that this will be in effect until November.

This work apparently started this week.

Thanks

Don't we have an unplanned service changes thread?

:lock: :lock:

Well.. He said that he saw it on the MTA website, which isn't considered unplanned. That thread is for random G/Os that occur, such as a 12-9 or stall train. Not planned.

(:) 145 St-bound trains run local from Sheepshead Bay to Kings Hwy

Days, 10 AM to 3 PM, Mon to Fri, Mar 12 - 16 • Mar 19 - 23 • Mar 26 - 30

• Please allow additional travel time.

Note: This service change is scheduled to operate until Nov 16.

(Q) Coney Island-bound trains skip Avenue U and Neck Rd

Days, 10 AM to 3 PM, Mon to Fri, Mar 12 - 16 • Mar 19 - 23 • Mar 26 - 30

Note: This service change is scheduled to operate until Nov 16.

This is a long g.o. And it's going on till november. It's also gonna be done on weekends. At least it's not the longer part of the line from PP-Kings Hwy.Two timer...never heard that. Can you explain why it's political? Also maybe they are doing work on the n/b express track. You never know...:)

Apparently there is track replacement between Neck Rd. and Sheepshead Bay on southbound local track. The track area received soft fence and as of now some trackbed has been removed.

What I don't get is; how come including weekend work it will take ~half year to do this task?

Apparently there is track replacement between Neck Rd. and Sheepshead Bay on southbound local track. The track area received soft fence and as of now some trackbed has been removed.

What I don't get is; how come including weekend work it will take ~half year to do this task?

I took a trip to Avenue M and took the Q train back during the day, I saw the fence south of Kings Highway and observed work being done just north of the Sheepshead Bay station (just north of Avenue Z) removing ballast. I noted that there were notes on the side of the track which indicated that the track would be replaced. It is my opinion that there may be more to it and is possibly connected to the embankment at that point.

I note that this change just occurred without any press release (which would appear on the forum) or any posting except on the TA site which I consider interesting especially since the change is supposed to continue during the day and on weekends untill November 2012. I rode the B/36 yesterday and there was no announcement to inform the bus riders on the B/3 so I can presume that the B/3 or the B/36 drivers were not informed of this change either. Nor were there posters at the station concerning this change. As this will have a negative impact on the B/3 as it will continue till November, (and the routes are checked twice a year), the service on this route may be cut again. What will be the impact on the B/36 and if yesterday is any indication it wil be negative, as when I took the B/36 home from the station at 1 PM, it was a sardine can.

I would like to update the work on the Brighton Line this past weekend. On Friday March 16, East 15th Street was closed between Avenue Z and Sheepshead Bay Road and remained closed throughout the weekend. The B/36 was detoured in both directions from Friday through Sunday with Nostrand Avenue service continuing on Sheepshead Bay Road to East 17th Street to Avenue Z and Coney Island Bound continuing on Avenue Z with the stop at East 15th Street in front of the bank.For the record, the B/36 information appeared first on the TA bus service disruptions on Friday.

On Saturday March 17, I took the Q train at about 10:30 AM and there were numerous work trains on the southbound local and northbound express tracks just north of the Sheepshead Bay station. The track bed was was being cleaned and track wiht concrete ties was being hoisted and installed on the souuthbound local track. This eork is to continue through November 2012.

Interestingly, when the Q train arrived at Prospect Park at about 11 AM, it was anounced that the Franklin Shuttle train was departing from the southbound track (there was a work train on the northbound shuttle track). When I returned at about 3:30 PM, there was normal service.

Archived