How hard is it to drive a bus?

nostalgia

Naw, I've driven all of them and they were pretty easy to me. The New Looks and older RTS' I drove didnt have power steering, but it still wasnt that hard. My first car didnt have power steering, and that thing was harder to turn than any of those New Looks or RTS'

@Acela - Yeah, I have been on a few artics where they had some crazy tight turns and narrow streets, but its definitely a testament to some good driving!

U guys wanna see some true artic operating??? Come the the back door of 126th at around 8pm and watch them pull into the fuel station. To put it in perspective, when MHV operators bring the RTS loaners back they usually can't make It inside with just one turn...

Haha, I borrowed my Mom's car last night so I could use it today as I had somethings to do, I stepped on the break like I do with the bus and thought I was going to go through the windshield. :lol: lol

You need to do the NYCTF Transit Workers Roll Call!

U guys wanna see some true artic operating??? Come the the back door of 126th at around 8pm and watch them pull into the fuel station. To put it in perspective, when MHV operators bring the RTS loaners back they usually can't make It inside with just one turn...

Absolutely! The first few times I tried to pull artics into the fuel station at 126 i couldnt do it without backing up. Eventually I got the hang of it and it was able to do it pretty easily

You aint lying !!!!!!!!!

When I started the topic, I didn't specify the type of bus. After a few messages, I included artics. Now, I realize I left out express buses. HOWEVER, because I don't know the manufacturer, they may have already been included in the discussion. If they haven't been included, please comment.

Archived