Mistakes

rfortyslant

have you ever seen any mistakes on a subway car and route? for example, a long time ago, when i was about 6 i saw an (R) train with out the usual black "R" in the yellow circle. Instead i saw a white "R" in a brown diamond. is this supposed to happen? :confused:

Well, what Ken S. Said is true. However, the brown (R) doesn't exist anymore, so today it is either a mistake or laziness on the part of the person who changes the rollsigns. It's not like someone would mistake it for a Nassau line train though; there is only one (R) train in the whole system, so I guess it really doesn't matter as all you really need to pay attention to is the letter.

I did see the brown (R) once, on the rear end of an R46 consist in the Queens Boulevard corridor.

Well, what Ken S. Said is true. However, the brown (R) doesn't exist anymore, so today it is either a mistake or laziness on the part of the person who changes the rollsigns. It's not like someone would mistake it for a Nassau line train though; there is only one (R) train in the whole system, so I guess it really doesn't matter as all you really need to pay attention to is the letter.

I did see the brown (R) once, on the rear end of an R46 consist in the Queens Boulevard corridor.

oh so they dont use them anymore. so when i see an accident like that, its probaly on purpose because the route is one that line.

One time i got on a <7> that was local.

- Andy

I've gotten on (7)s that were express too.

oh so they dont use them anymore. so when i see an accident like that, its probaly on purpose because the route is one that line.

Nah, it might be a mistake. Or the person that was changing the signs was lazy. I've heard of a story that someone used an upside down (W) sign as an (M). His reason? "It looks close enough."

I've gotten on (7)s that were express too.

Nah, it might be a mistake. Or the person that was changing the signs was lazy. I've heard of a story that someone used an upside down (W) sign as an (M). His reason? "It looks close enough."

LOL are you serious? B):D

or an upside down (W) might look like the Metro north train

Classic example. A (Q6) sign is clearly visible in the front window, and if you look closely in the side window you can see a (Qx) sign. Yet, the date says 2007. Neither of those lines existed last year. From nycsubway.org.
Yeah, I shot one of the other trains that day. Front it had (Q6), then the side a diamond (Qx), then on the other side had regular (Q) (as you can see in the second photo).

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

what wver happened to the (Qx)?

and whats the (T) do?

The (T) will be the letter used for the Second Avenue Subway.

what wver happened to the (Qx)?

and whats the (T) do?

1. The (Qx) was discontinued in 2005, after the manhattan bridge rehab. before the rehab began it used to be the (D) local and the (Q6), then the (Q) or (Qx) express on the Brighton Line. there was the (B) running west end. during the rehab it was (Q) local and (Qx) express. the (W) replace west end. after the rehab they changed everything. the (B) ran to replace the useless (Qx) and the (D) went back to replace the (W) as the (W) today replaces well nothing.

2. (T) as many peopleknow will be the letter for the 2nd avenue line running from lexington's 125th to seaport. the (Q) will join in to the line at 72nd street via the being-consturcted 63rd st.. viaduct. it is suppose to relieve pressure on the lexington line. suprise that you don't know that !!!

NOTE: WHY DID YOU MAKE ME WRITE ALL THAT

Voila. Brown (R) in all its glory. Nycsubway.org.

Notice that all the (Q6)(Qx) pics (in service trains, and except for that last one in Coney) are on the Astoria line...B)

Ah yes, Dante Angerville's photo. It was actually around that time when he shot that photo that I saw the brown <R>.

Ah yes, Dante Angerville's photo. It was actually around that time when he shot that photo that I saw the brown <R>.

Coincidentally (or not), it was a couple of days after I saw that photo for the first time that I saw the brown <R>.

1. The (Qx) was discontinued in 2005, after the manhattan bridge rehab. before the rehab began it used to be the (D) local and the (Q6), then the (Q) or (Qx) express on the Brighton Line. there was the (B) running west end. during the rehab it was (Q) local and (Qx) express. the (W) replace west end. after the rehab they changed everything. the (B) ran to replace the useless (Qx) and the (D) went back to

(Qx) Monday, July 23, 2001 To Friday, February 20, 2004.

Very often, I've seen the (2) with a stripmap for the (5) inside the car, and vice versa.

Some of the stripmaps for the (2) have the number in brown, and not red.

The (2) and (5) cars are sometimes used at Flatbush Ave when there are delays on one of the services. Hence a (2) line train will be used as a (5) or vice-versa. By Thursday pm. rush they are totally mixed up if they don't return them to their proper yards nightly.

Archived