These are the Voyages...

I found a link in an AP news article this morning that led me to a sort of NYCS.org for plane lovers that had a basicly flight plan.

My mother, sister and myself all wanted to see it as close as possible. I figured that best chance for us was when it was going to do a flyby of LGA. My sister and I both went to high school in the area, on opposite sides of Flushing bay, so we know that part of Queens well enough. I was expecting to get some ok low shots, I never expected what I got.

• 1 month later...

Cool, you were there too. I waited around LM and then took the 4 to C to M42. If not for the long wait for the C, I would've made it to the circle line pier with time to spare. Instead while at 11th av, I see the barge just pass by. It was 'flying' up the river.

Did you wait around for them to hoist it onto the Intrepid? If not, you saved yourself like 4 hours of aches.

I pulled a muscle climbing over a fence. once the thing was out of sight of peir 54, I made for the IND to head for home.

On my way back, I saw one of the adams from subchat, who comeplty ignored me and kept walking when I tried to tell him the ship had sailed.

Archived