Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

What do you mean there was no demand for the (M) / (V). Of course there was. More then half the riders on the (M) pre-2010 were going to Manhattan, the MTA even mentioned that in the proposal they were doing.

WTF are you talking about? I said nobody DEMANDED it meaning no one asked the MTA to do it. I never said there was no demand. There's more demand to Midtown than Downtown I know that! But MTA did it anyways and it was a success.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF are you talking about? I said nobody DEMANDED it meaning no one asked the MTA to do it. I never said there was no demand. There's more demand to Midtown than Downtown I know that! But MTA did it anyways and it was a success.

Yeah but this is a residential area, not a current area with bus service. Im sorry but the B35 is enough, we've been through this so many times as why Linden doesn't need bus service.

Just like Queens Blvd, a lot of people don't want a bus lane on Linden Blvd.

Linden Blvd east of kings get simply is not slow enough to even warrant one anyway.

Yeah but this is a residential area, not a current area with bus service. Im sorry but the B35 is enough, we've been through this so many times as why Linden doesn't need bus service.

So the slow B35& 15 is enough for people on say Lenox rd or Winthrop who knew?

Linden Blvd is one block from Church between the Church/Linden intersection, all the way down to where it becomes Caton Av, then still follows it a block away all the way to Coney Island Av

Linden Blvd is at most 2 Blocks away from Linden starting from East 98 St/Hegeman Av all the way to Fountain Av

Both the B15 and 35 are 1-2 blocks away from Linden Blvd, what the hell you talking about...

And are very slow try again my version has the route at least 3 blocks away from the B35 try again. What point of B15 is unreliable do you not get unless your replying to Q90's version that is I will admit duplicate of B35 hence why I won't have such a bus on linden west of remsen at all. I would expect those on this linden route to switch to B35 LTD while this bus moves over to Clarkson.

And last time I checked, a route on Linden is anything but fast..

Not on the segment of linden I propose such a route to use what point of it won't serve all of linden do you not get?

Same for a New Utrecht Av route, McDonald Av, Ocean Av, Eastern Pkwy and Atlantic Av. If I forgot any other busless corridor, let me know

You do realize these corridors you mentioned are served by subway lines either directly or one block away right?unlike linden Blvd east of remsen ave. Try again.

Yes I do. It has been said over and over. Linden Blvd doesn't need bus service. Are you obsessed with giving every street a bus route?

Yes I do. It has been said over and over. Linden Blvd doesn't need bus service. Are you obsessed with giving every street a bus route?

I am not you just interpret it as such. I am making the case for a bus route that would cut travel times between brooklyn and queens by 30 minutes it's not about linden Blvd it's that linden Blvd is the fastest way to link lefferts prospect park to JFK and other parts of queens and the B15 just doesn't cut it. The (A) not even close. And (3) and B15 are either slow or in the (3) 's case infrequent. I don't expect stops on linden to garner much use I do expect the stops west of remsen to however have heavy use cause unlike the (A) it would be frequent unlike B15 and B12 it will be direct as well. If you haven't noticed there are more and more people travelling between brooklyn and queens for work every year not Manhattan but Queens. You obviously don't get it.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

I am not you just interpret it as such. I am making the case for a bus route that would cut travel times between brooklyn and queens by 30 minutes it's not about linden Blvd it's that linden Blvd is the fastest way to link lefferts prospect park to JFK and other parts of queens and the B15 just doesn't cut it. The (A) not even close. And (3) and B15 are either slow or in the (3) 's case infrequent. I don't expect stops on linden to garner much use I do expect the stops west of remsen to however have heavy use cause unlike the (A) it would be frequent unlike B15 and B12 it will be direct as well. If you haven't noticed there are more and more people travelling between brooklyn and queens for work every year not Manhattan but Queens. You obviously don't get it.

No, you don't get it. Stop with this obsession.

It would be probably similar to the (M) / (V) merger. Nobody demanded it however it was successful anyways. Linden Boulevard lacks coverage and don't bring up the B15 or B35 as they aren't as close as you think and they are overcrowded and unreliable.

Listen kid, I live along the 15 and the 35, and take both them routes damn near daily. Linden isn't that far from Church (1 block), and Hegeman/New Lots Avs (1-2 blocks). There's absolutely no need for it.

Here's a little lesson on Linden Blvd...

From its beginning at Flatbush Av all the way down to the super intersection with Kings Hwy & Remsen Av is has one driving lane in each direction. Its also a major truck route since they aren't allowed on Church Av. Buses would have an extremely hard time there; in fact, the B35 is having problems there now since they have to use it between Bedford & Flatbush Avs. You cant rid of parking lanes since there's nowhere else to park.

Wikipedia helps, hell even Google maps...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard'> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NY_27

Edited by Fresh Pond

Listen kid, I live along the 15 and the 35, and take both them routes damn near daily. Linden isn't that far from Church (1 block), and Hegeman/New Lots Avs (1-2 blocks). There's absolutely no need for it.

From its beginning at Flatbush Av all the way down to the super intersection with Kings Hwy & Remsen Av is has one driving lane in each direction. Its also a major truck route since they aren't allowed on Church Av. Buses would have an extremely hard time there; in fact, the B35 is having problems there now since they have to use it between Bedford & Flatbush Avs. You cant rid of parking lanes since there's nowhere else to park.

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" class="bbc_url" data-cke-saved-href="https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard" href="https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard" "="">https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard'> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard

First off stop calling me kid and secondly I know that <_< . It's only for the multi lane section. And I said the bus lanes would be in the central sections. The parking is on the side sections and name me one multi section road that allows parking on the middle sections :lol: .

Linden Blvd is one block from Church between the Church/Linden intersection, all the way down to where it becomes Caton Av, then still follows it a block away all the way to Coney Island Av

Linden Blvd is at most 2 Blocks away from Linden starting from East 98 St/Hegeman Av all the way to Fountain Av

Both the B15 and 35 are 1-2 blocks away from Linden Blvd, what the hell you talking about...

Thank you Fresh Pond. Take it from someone who has lived on or near Linden Blvd in Brooklyn on both ends for over 35 years some of these posters are just trolling, at best. As I've pointed out many times Linden Blvd, NYS Rt 27, is a truck route connecting Suffolk County with the VZ bridge via Sunrise Hwy, Conduit Ave, Linden Blvd/Caton Ave and Ft Hamilton Parkway. From Flatbush Ave on the West to Lindenwood/South Conduit on the East the B35 and/or B15 bus routes are no more than 2 blocks away from Linden. There was a time when the B20 route actually turned onto Linden Blvd at Pennsylvania but the (MTA) re-routed the line 2 blocks to the south to serve more people and because that's what the people wanted. It always fascinates me when some outsider decides that he/she knows more than the resident population. Throw in the statement from Q23 about Linden being anything but fast shows me that at least Q23 and you know what you're talking about.

First off stop calling me kid and secondly I know that <_< . It's only for the multi lane section. And I said the bus lanes would be in the central sections. The parking is on the side sections and name me one multi section road that allows parking on the middle sections :lol: .

There's no need for a bus route there in the first place, let alone a bus lane. What part of the B15 being 2 blocks away do you not seem to comprehend?

...kid

No, you don't get it. Stop with this obsession.

Your the one with the obsession against anything I say dude. Why you think the route is structured as a direct route it's like a faster B15 that serves lefferts gardens. Meaning it's not getting it's ridership from linden anyways. However Q90 is trying to serve the whole corridor which just doesn't warrant that kind of service. The alternatives are terrible. And a bitch to get to however I never suggested a route on linden west of kings hey which renders your argument ineffective thanks to an increasing number of jobs between brooklyn and queens. Years ago such a route would fail nowadays not exactly true anymore. This argument is a waste and is like 3 sides battling for what internet points. 

There's no need for a bus route there in the first place, let alone a bus lane. What part of the B15 being 2 blocks away do you not seem to comprehend?

...kid

B15 only runs near half of Linden Boulevard and even then it's slow and unreliable and same thing with the B35. And QJT is right about people going to eastern Brooklyn from Prospect Park/Lefferts Gardens and even JFK Airport. And Linden is a great access corridor from Lefferts Gardens to eastern Brooklyn/JFK.

...Dirty Pond

...kid

I didn't know it was faster than linden but I see your point but this is beyond linden.

B15 only runs near half of Linden Boulevard and even then it's slow and unreliable and same thing with the B35. And QJT is right about people going to eastern Brooklyn from Prospect Park/Lefferts Gardens and even JFK Airport. And Linden is a great access corridor from Lefferts Gardens to eastern Brooklyn/JFK.

...Dirty Pond

Looks like things are getting ugly I will step out of this one for now.

Your the one with the obsession against anything I say dude. Why you think the route is structured as a direct route it's like a faster B15 that serves lefferts gardens. Meaning it's not getting it's ridership from linden anyways. However Q90 is trying to serve the whole corridor which just doesn't warrant that kind of service. The alternatives are terrible. And a bitch to get to however I never suggested a route on linden west of kings hey which renders your argument ineffective thanks to an increasing number of jobs between brooklyn and queens. Years ago such a route would fail nowadays not exactly true anymore. This argument is a waste and is like 3 sides battling for what internet points.

Actually QJT, I'll have the route go from Downtown Brooklyn to JFK through Prospect Park/Lefferts Gardens while utilizing Linden Boulevard. I'll map it out another day.

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" class="bbc_url" data-cke-saved-href="https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard" href="https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard" "="">https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard'> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Boulevard

Not gonna lie this is true. Hence why I don't recommend a bus to STAY on linden.

Actually QJT, I'll have the route go from Downtown Brooklyn to JFK through Prospect Park/Lefferts Gardens while utilizing Linden Boulevard. I'll map it out another day.

You do realize past Utica or remsen linden needs no bus right I think that was the basis behind fresh pound's argument which is why it doesn't apply to my proposal or is rather ineffective. You should just have it end at Franklin and eastern parkway cause B71 merger would be extremely long. Downtown Brooklyn is not going to work for several reasons I will outline them later. or serve empire blvd.

You do realize past Utica or remsen linden needs no bus right I think that was the basis behind fresh pound's argument which is why it doesn't apply to my proposal or is rather ineffective. You should just have it end at Franklin and eastern parkway cause B71 merger would be extremely long. Downtown Brooklyn is not going to work for several reasons I will outline them later. or serve empire blvd.

Actually it is still necessary for coverage. And what does the B71 have to do with this? And Downtown Brooklyn, well people would use it to Prospect Park which would relieve the B41.

Same for a New Utrecht Av route, McDonald Av, Ocean Av, Eastern Pkwy and Atlantic Av. If I forgot any other busless corridor, let me know

Oh and you also forgot 4 Avenue which obviously has the (R) running down it's full length. Also btw, 65 Street and Avenue P are also busless but it is necessary to have a bus serve those 2 streets.

What do the (B), (Q), (2), (3), (F), and (G), among others serve? There are other surface routes that serve the west side of the park, too. The B41 is not the only route to Prospect Park.

(F) and (G) don't go to the main part of Prospect Park and the (2) and (3) bypass Prospect Park after Grand Army Plaza. And the (B) and (Q) are crowded too.

...Dirty Pond

Jesus effin Christ...

captain-picard-facepalm-meme.jpg

...ok kid, lets break it down as simply as it can get...

...when exactly you was over here near Linden? How often do you take the B15 & B35? See these questions here?

Unless you ever been on the route more then once, or actually VISIT the area you're trying to post ridiculous ideas that work benefit no one, please sit down and stop going off what google maps tell you.

Been living in the area and taking both those buses since before you were about to leave out the house on your own.

...that is of your even able to leave the house on your own...kid