MSBA Fishbowl 9117

117 (9117) was on the road today under its own power. It was driven to RVC to be cleaned up. Apparently there is some group coming to tour the facilities tomorrow and they want to show it off. Still hasn't had any restoration work but it runs great! I even had the pleasure of taking it for a spin around the block! I have to give credit to the old timers who used to drive them day in and day out. No power steering was fun!

I read up on posts from old timers that no power steering from the Fishbowls (and pretty much anything else that came before the Fishbowl) actually built muscles for them. 

The group is called The Motor Bus Society: http://www.motorbussociety.org/

Wasn't told why they were touring the facilities, but NICE messaged me and invited me to come along for the tour. Unfortunately, I have school tomorrow and am unable to attend. Thanks for the update though, LI Operator. It's good to know the fishbowl is coming back! Also, has NICE said anything to you about something like a bus show or bus rodeo this summer, because they said something about it on their Facebook, but didn't give many details??

It was a great convention. I just got back this morning from it. I do have the convention pics on my facebook.

Who was driving the bus?

I hope new non-MTA driver don't try to run this vintage bus.

Old LIB driver or Motor Bus Society?

Someone from NICE fired it up and drove it around the lot for us to take pics and videos of it. Plus we had a garage tour.

It was a great convention. I just got back this morning from it. I do have the convention pics on my facebook.

Someone from NICE fired it up and drove it around the lot for us to take pics and videos of it. Plus we had a garage tour.

You should totally post the pics here!

They visited multiple places including (MTA) facilties that were all part of their trip.

Yup also NJT and private bus operations too !

You should totally post the pics here!

It may take time. Im way too busy to post now

Ah... I remember when I worked for Trailways, the group stopped to visit our yard in Hicksville a few years back.  We had the Ex-DeCamp Prevost XL's which were a rare sight... and left two in the DeCamp Green scheme.

It was fun getting to drive 117 though...  I definately agree that if driven on a regular basis, you're going to really develop some muscles!

Archived