MSBA Fishbowl 9117

The old MSBA command bus was towed in from storage at Cedar Creek Park yesterday. It's at MF now and is going to be restored. No word on a time frame though. I have some interior and exterior shots I'll post as soon as I get on a computer. It was formerly used for the MSBA as a coach bus for express trips and charters before being re configured to the command bus.

gallery_8792_5_45374.jpg

gallery_8792_5_11119.jpg

gallery_8792_5_12206.jpg

gallery_8792_5_2921.jpg

gallery_8792_5_19725.jpg

1802 is still at Eastchester...which is a diesel Orion V.

It is very nice that they are restoring one.

And that shall become soda cans within the next three years... I still think the folding doors LIB had for over 12 years were horrid. When those NYC loaners arrived, I always thought those were better..

1802 is still at Eastchester...which is a diesel Orion V.

Yeah, and that one will get scrapped to bits like the others like Joel said. Those buses could have been kept longer, but the excuse was the fuel consumption and emissions. That could have been fixed.

And that shall become soda cans within the next three years... I still think the folding doors LIB had for over 12 years were horrid. When those NYC loaners arrived, I always thought those were better..

Some NYC buses after they came back from Long Island Bus were scrapped right to Eastchester the day they got back into the city!

• 5 weeks later...

That would have ben cool if Nassau had its own vintage fleet. They could park em at Nassau coliseum or something for special events and stuff.

Too bad that with every new bus order that rolled in, just about all of the old fleet was gone. The New Looks from the PBLs were replaced by the Grummans, those were replaced by the Orion Vs, and the diesel Orion Vs were largely replaced by the NGs.

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad that with every new bus order that rolled in, just about all of the old fleet was gone. The New Looks from the PBLs were replaced by the Grummans, those were replaced by the Orion Vs, and the diesel Orion Vs were largely replaced by the NGs.

the diesel orion V's were replaced by the 2004 Orion V CNG's they also replaced those 4 1992 Orion V CNG's, the NG's replaced the 1995,6 and half of the 1997 Orion V CNG's the 1800's replaced the remaining, even though they could have kept 1503-1525 a little while longer, the RVC ones were in the best shape

I'm surprised that this didnt end up with the rest of the MTA's museum fleet. We have almost all of the MTA controlled ex-pbl's (MTAB) vintage buses, why not this one?? U guess it's because the buses are owned by Nassau county, not the operator of the bus service...

• 9 months later...

117 (9117) was on the road today under its own power. It was driven to RVC to be cleaned up. Apparently there is some group coming to tour the facilities tomorrow and they want to show it off. Still hasn't had any restoration work but it runs great! I even had the pleasure of taking it for a spin around the block! I have to give credit to the old timers who used to drive them day in and day out. No power steering was fun!

117 (9117) was on the road today under its own power.

It would have been a real to happen to catch a glimpse of it on its way to RVC.

117 (9117) was on the road today under its own power. It was driven to RVC to be cleaned up. Apparently there is some group coming to tour the facilities tomorrow and they want to show it off. Still hasn't had any restoration work but it runs great! I even had the pleasure of taking it for a spin around the block! I have to give credit to the old timers who used to drive them day in and day out. No power steering was fun!

Must be a group they really want to impress!

Do you know if the group is associated with the County, Veolia?

The group is called The Motor Bus Society: http://www.motorbussociety.org/

Wasn't told why they were touring the facilities, but NICE messaged me and invited me to come along for the tour. Unfortunately, I have school tomorrow and am unable to attend. Thanks for the update though, LI Operator. It's good to know the fishbowl is coming back! Also, has NICE said anything to you about something like a bus show or bus rodeo this summer, because they said something about it on their Facebook, but didn't give many details??

they had the old style power steering, they supplied the steering, you supplied the power

joe

they had the old style power steering, they supplied the steering, you supplied the power

joe

That must of been fun. To tell you the truth I probably wouldn't mind that one bit. As for everyone else though, that's another thread. 

Oooohh, definitely looking forward to this! Vintage buses on LI!! 

Archived