"D" train GO question for June 2-4, 2012?

Just wondering about this (D) service GO? Since the Downtown 8th Ave tracks does not connect to the 6th Ave/Manhattan Bridge Downtown Express tracks how it is running? The (D) is running on the (A)(C) line between Columbus Circle and West 4th. So are the (D) running in '2' sections? In recent past, it would run between 205th Street and Second Ave. While Coney Island Bound trains would terminate at West 4th. Just curious and Thanks?

Here it is below.

http://travel.mtanyc...thod=getstatus4

Planned Service Changes for: Sunday, June 03, 2012

No Coney Island-bound D.png service at 7 Av, 47-50 Sts, 42 St-Bryant Pk and 34 St-Herald Sq

Downtown trains run via the A.png local from 145 St to W 4 St

Thanks subway station. I dont live in the 5 boros anymore(since 2006)but i still have friends/relatives mainly in Brooklyn and Queens i visit from time-time. I asked since it was not listed in the current GO info(the switch of Brooklyn & Bronx (D) services) at West 4th.

Yeah that's how exactly it is for this weekend and upcoming late nights. Last week the (D) train ran via the (A) local line from West 4 Street to 145 Street without splitting the trains because there is a switch north of Broadway-Lafayette that allowed the train to cross the local tracks and access 8th avenue.

Yeah that's how exactly it is for this weekend and upcoming late nights. Last week the (D) train ran via the (A) local line from West 4 Street to 145 Street without splitting the trains because there is a switch north of Broadway-Lafayette that allowed the train to cross the local tracks and access 8th avenue.

This is also what is typically done with the last two trains n/b before 6Av FASTRACK begins.

if you noticed how strange when the subway was built from the past. The bronx/queens bounds was able to cross each other at broadway lafayette street, but the brooklyn bound side can't cross after the split from eighth avenue. i mentioned this to the (MTA) is be wise to install a switch from the (F) over to the (D) on the brooklyn side. This should be very handy when the (D) can cut over after the being rerouted on eighth ave to get back to the regular route. This can save hassle that people who need to get to 4 avenue. But the (MTA) will tell you take the (6) downtown to canal street then switch again to the (N) or (R) train. The (MTA) will make the people mumble and grumble instead of making them happy.

Well, the MTA is generally not a big fan of spending money on stuff. Whether this is justified or not, I will leave to you guys. Anyway, there are plenty of these little things in our system that would be fixed if the MTA would be willing to spend the cash. It would be interesting to figure out what the structure of the tunnel is like in this area, eg. if there is a wall between tracks...

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to install the missing switch already than always run into this problem?

How would this save money?

I don't know where they would put it. The switch between the tracks used to be south of Bway-Laf. when they ran straight into 2nd Av. (you can even see the molding of the concrete where it began), But when the ramp to Grand St was built, the grade begins separating there, so it was removed and replaced by a wall.

On the other end of the station, you have two rows of columns (filled in with fluted steel sheeting), where the tracks remain spaced a part.

It would take a lot of structural reconfiguring to add a switch there.

Archived