E and F - getting car replacements or work done?

AJ023

The E and F subway lines are horrendous lately. Lots of times the train has been running really slow and delayed.

Anyone know the work schedules for the E and F line and when the new cars will appear on the lines to replace the existing cars?

Any chance R160B Option 1 from Kawasaki will be used for the E or F?

Alstom seems to be a lousy firm and delayed. I bet they will get the entire order from Kawasaki before they get the Alstoms in.

They are working on the Queens Blvd line replacing the signals for the R160 second option and R179 to run on the line. The R160 option 1 order will not be for Queens Blvd.

no they are not. there is official proof from the (MTA) agenda and plan thatR179 was gonna replace R44 and not to run on a pecific line. does R44 run on queens blvd i don't think so. and on the website it said that all

R160A/B sre going to lines (J)(M)(Z)(L)(N)(Q) and (W). they are replacing the signal cause it's old not for queens blvd for your information, eistein.

Hopefully there are R160B's on the E and F for service as more of the cars come in. Do you work for MTA where you saw that an R160B was scheduled for the F line? Hopefully its for testing or passenger use on the F line so that when more cars come in they will put them on for passenger use.

no they are not. there is official proof from the (MTA) agenda and plan thatR179 was gonna replace R44 and not to run on a pecific line. does R44 run on queens blvd i don't think so. and on the website it said that all

R160A/B sre going to lines (J)(M)(Z)(L)(N)(Q) and (W). they are replacing the signal cause it's old not for queens blvd for your information, eistein.

1) i'm only 12 and i don't know a lot about the trains other than my grandfather, who works for transit.

2) your spelling is poor, it's Einstein, not eistein and pecific i don't know what you trying to say.

and 3) if you are talking about wikipedia, then they are lying. And other than the capital plan, which is going to be redone about the R179, what other website shows this?

I should of said it might be new trains for Queens Blvd.

1) i'm only 12 and i don't know a lot about the trains other than my grandfather, who works for transit.

2) your spelling is poor, it's Einstein, not eistein and pecific i don't know what you trying to say.

and 3) if you are talking about wikipedia, then they are lying. And other than the capital plan, which is going to be redone about the R179, what other website shows this?

I should of said it might be new trains for Queens Blvd.

i have the links:

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/mta/budget/pdf/2008-2013%20Capital%20Plan.pdf

and what proof you got that it's gonna be redone about R179. what makes you say oh never mind. and second i'm 12 also even though i don't post that because i typed everything wrong during signup too, and so i don't know how einstein is spelled.

Now, dunno about the (E), but they're coming for the (F)......

oh now people are really pushing it to the limit. R160 on the q debuts at 6 am at 57th st/7th ave. now that's just nonsense. but somehow if they get a picture, would be nice.
Huh?

(F) Will the R160's on the F come from Kawasaki R160B Option 1 ?

I use the F more than the E. The R46's are in bad shape and some of the floors on some of them seem like they are collapsed as they sink down and are uneven. The R32's are more solid cars. The only problem Ive seen was an air conditioning dripping in one of the R32's which hopefully was fixed or the car was or will be one of those which are sent to the ocean.

According to nycsubway.org:

Base order: 10 R-32 (GE overhauls), all R-38, all slant R-40, 110 R-42 (Coney Island overhauls) -- 53 cars for service increases

Would be nice to see modernization of the Queens Blvd line to Manhattan. Just hope the MTA doesn't make budget kickbacks or can work a way around the kickbacks they are considering.

oh now people are really pushing it to the limit. R160 on the q debuts at 6 am at 57th st/7th ave. now that's just nonsense. but somehow if they get a picture, would be nice.

Im on the (N)ovember out of 57th Street on the PM's i will ask the (Q)uincy Line People if thats true...

Unless its the 0456 Put-in out of Stillwell(which leaves 57th at 0557 hrs) i cant see it "debuting" at 0600 hrs on Monday because the (Q)unicy has no AM Put-ins at 57th Street..

1. The E and F subway lines are horrendous lately. Lots of times the train has been running really slow and delayed.

2. Anyone know the work schedules for the E and F line and when the new cars will appear on the lines to replace the existing cars?

3. Any chance R160B Option 1 from Kawasaki will be used for the E or F?

4. Alstom seems to be a lousy firm and delayed. I bet they will get the entire order from Kawasaki before they get the Alstoms in.

I numbered your sentences to sync with my responses.

1. This is because there is roadbed work throughout the first half of the tunnel between Roosevelt Avenue and Queens Plaza. Work is scheduled to end by the end of July. During roadbed work, they take out the roadbed (concrete under the tracks) so trains have to run at about 10mph in order not to damage the rails or derail. They send some (F) trains local during this G.O. so that there is less congestion. If you get off along 53rd Street, then I suggest you take the (V), or the (R) if you get off at Times Square. The commute time along Queens Boulevard is about the same now for the rest of the month, plus it's not as crowded.

2. If by 'work schedules', you mean when this G.O. is in effect, then all the time. The (E) and (F) are not scheduled for new cars soon, BUT the (E) is getting better versions of the cars they use. In other words, the (E) uses Phase II R32s, but are getting Phase I R32s coming in from the (A) and (C) trains. These cars are replacing the Phase IIs.

3. No. Those cars are going to the (Q) and (W).

4. Here is the current situation of things:

Alstom has 400 cars of the base order to deliver and 360 cars to deliver from the first option order. Right now, they have delivered 290 cars of the base order and have 110 cars left to go before they start on the option order. These cars run on the (L) and (M) and are about to run on the (J)(Z). One train runs on the (N), and more will run on the (N) and (W) when they are delivered.

Kawasaki has 260 cars of the base order to deliver and 260 cars to deliver from the first option order. They have finished the base order and have delivered about 50-80 cars form the first option order (I'm not sure how many exactly). These cars run on the (N) and (W) and will run on the (Q).

1. (F) Will the R160's on the F come from Kawasaki R160B Option 1 ?

2. I use the F more than the E. The R46's are in bad shape and some of the floors on some of them seem like they are collapsed as they sink down and are uneven. The R32's are more solid cars. The only problem Ive seen was an air conditioning dripping in one of the R32's which hopefully was fixed or the car was or will be one of those which are sent to the ocean.

3. According to nycsubway.org:

Base order: 10 R-32 (GE overhauls), all R-38, all slant R-40, 110 R-42 (Coney Island overhauls) -- 53 cars for service increases

4. Would be nice to see modernization of the Queens Blvd line to Manhattan. Just hope the MTA doesn't make budget kickbacks or can work a way around the kickbacks they are considering.

I numbered your post again to make my responses more convenient.

1. No. Those are going to the (Q).

2. The R46s are in "good shape", they don't need to be retired soon. They are in "bad shape" because Jamaica Yard is overburdened and cannot service these cars very properly. Right now the R46s are in the middle of an SMS or Scheduled Maintenance System. They are getting a new coat of paint on their car ends, and new AC. One set has blue seats and black floors.

3. That's actually changed. Right now, the GE R32s and CI R42s have been reefed. R40s are in the process of being reefed, as are the Phase II R32s. As of now, the Phase I R32s, R38s, R40Ms, and MK R42s are staying until more cars come in.

4. I agree.

The R46s are in "good shape", they don't need to be retired soon. They are in "bad shape" because Jamaica Yard is overburdened and cannot service these cars very properly.

Heh thats why in the Queens Section they call Jamcia Yard the "Junk Yard"...:cool::cool:

I

2. The R46s are in "good shape", they don't need to be retired soon. They are in "bad shape" because Jamaica Yard is overburdened and cannot service these cars very properly. Right now the R46s are in the middle of an SMS or Scheduled Maintenance System. They are getting a new coat of paint on their car ends, and new AC. One set has blue seats and black floors.

Oooh, can't wait to see what that looks like.

(F) Will the R160's on the F come from Kawasaki R160B Option 1 ?

I use the F more than the E. The R46's are in bad shape and some of the floors on some of them seem like they are collapsed as they sink down and are uneven. The R32's are more solid cars. The only problem Ive seen was an air conditioning dripping in one of the R32's which hopefully was fixed or the car was or will be one of those which are sent to the ocean.

According to nycsubway.org:

Would be nice to see modernization of the Queens Blvd line to Manhattan. Just hope the MTA doesn't make budget kickbacks or can work a way around the kickbacks they are considering.

nycsubway.org is not updated that much

I numbered your sentences to sync with my responses.

1. This is because there is roadbed work throughout the first half of the tunnel between Roosevelt Avenue and Queens Plaza. Work is scheduled to end by the end of July. During roadbed work, they take out the roadbed (concrete under the tracks) so trains have to run at about 10mph in order not to damage the rails or derail. They send some (F) trains local during this G.O. so that there is less congestion. If you get off along 53rd Street, then I suggest you take the (V), or the (R) if you get off at Times Square. The commute time along Queens Boulevard is about the same now for the rest of the month, plus it's not as crowded.

2. If by 'work schedules', you mean when this G.O. is in effect, then all the time. The (E) and (F) are not scheduled for new cars soon, BUT the (E) is getting better versions of the cars they use. In other words, the (E) uses Phase II R32s, but are getting Phase I R32s coming in from the (A) and (C) trains. These cars are replacing the Phase IIs.

3. No. Those cars are going to the (Q) and (W).

4. Here is the current situation of things:

Alstom has 400 cars of the base order to deliver and 360 cars to deliver from the first option order. Right now, they have delivered 290 cars of the base order and have 110 cars left to go before they start on the option order. These cars run on the (L) and (M) and are about to run on the (J)(Z). One train runs on the (N), and more will run on the (N) and (W) when they are delivered.

Kawasaki has 260 cars of the base order to deliver and 260 cars to deliver from the first option order. They have finished the base order and have delivered about 50-80 cars form the first option order (I'm not sure how many exactly). These cars run on the (N) and (W) and will run on the (Q).

na, get the 7 its faster than the R/V then get the N @ Queensboro

if you see a 7 Exp at 61st woodside make a dash for it and it will be even more faster lol

The screetches on those R32's are loud but the R32's are still fine cars and are stainless steel and prolly could last forever. Those Phase 1 R32's will be an improvement as long as the system was fixed so that they could always go at high speed without signal or track work issues and the like.

Archived