Either/Or Comparisons

TwoTimer

Its all ridership patterns.

that's the same conclusion I came to when I saw that comparison....

Immediately when I saw that post/comparison of the 1 & C, I said to myself, "that's a wash".....

in terms of distance traveled regarding the trackage of those two lines b/w said stations, I can't claim either way that you save more time w/ one over the other....

Good one....I would say generally speaking they are about the same-- perhaps the (1) is slightly faster.

Wait times are another story and time of day are another story. Yes, the (C) has to share tracks and the (1) does not.

The (1) definitely comes more frequently.

But then again, the (1) is a pain in the behind to get to at the 168th st station, so you have to factor that in as well: elevators, etc.

So I come cases, it might just be easier and quicker to take the (C).

Okay, here's an either/or:

Going from Atlantic Av/Barclays Center to the World Trade Center site, what route is fastest?

1. (2)(3) to Park Place

2. (R) to Cortlandt St

3. (4)(5) to Fulton St

This includes walking time from the station to the WTC site. NOTE: this is not a question of which subway line is more frequent, or which has the least delays. This is only about SCHEDULED walking/riding time.

Okay, here's an either/or:

Going from Atlantic Av/Barclays Center to the World Trade Center site, what route is fastest?

1. (2)(3) to Park Place

2. (R) to Cortlandt St

3. (4)(5) to Fulton St

This includes walking time from the station to the WTC site. NOTE: this is not a question of which subway line is more frequent, or which has the least delays. This is only about SCHEDULED walking/riding time.

I'd say the (4) & (5). The shorter riding time offsets the longer walking time.

Good one...

I might be in the minority, but I will go with the (R), especially since the station is the closest...the (4) and (5) are not far away, though. It really isn't too long of a ride from Barclay to Cortlandt....but also depending on the time of day, the (4) and (5) might be slow to Manhattan and backed up. Even if that's not a consideration, getting out of the Fulton St station and navigating to the site might get confusing.

Common sense says the (4) and (5), but experience tells me it will not be much difference, but possibly in favor of the (R).

I can't say for real life, but in OpenBVE, the NTT brakes are amazing. I could come flying into Jay Street from the (F) Express track going about 65 and still make the station. I can come in at about 40 for an R68.

I have actually thought about that, and I have to say that the NTT brakes are better. The trains seem to come in a lot faster than the old ones that I was used to seeing.

The (R) definetly.... Its like 3 or 4 stops between Atlantic and Cortlandt and its the closest (in fact I was at WTC on Friday, and noticed that the R is indeed closest, the 2/3 isnt much farther either, tho) The (4) / (5) I wouldn't do simply b/c Fulton is a huge maze, and can take a while to get out of....

The (R) definetly.... Its like 3 or 4 stops between Atlantic and Cortlandt and its the closest (in fact I was at WTC on Friday, and noticed that the R is indeed closest, the 2/3 isnt much farther either, tho) The (4) / (5) I wouldn't do simply b/c Fulton is a huge maze, and can take a while to get out of....

Yup, between that & crossing the headache that is broadway (and all the foot traffic) in that vicinity.....

Beat me to it.... I didn't even have to think too hard about that comparison.....

(add-on... guess I'll explain myself)

Forget about the 2/3; even ignoring the fact that it makes local stops in brooklyn & how fast it goes b/w clark & wall, the 2 slows down b/w wall & chambers..... as for the 4/5, I don't think it would save too much time over the R b/w those two points.... Yes, fulton is a maze & broadway is a pedestrian nightmare - reasons why I would take/choose the R....

If the duration of the ride b/w the two points on the 4/5 & the R is similar, may as well take the R since it puts you off right on trinity.......

So even if you exit Fulton St station from the Lex line platforms, which are the westernmost ones in the station complex, you still have to go through a labyrinth? That seems rather odd. Do you have to go downstairs to the IND platform and then go back upstairs to exit the station even if you got off a Lex train? I thought that only happened if you got off a 7th Ave train and wanted to go west or got off a Lex train and wanted to go east. In any case, is the problem going to be fixed after they finish FSTC?

So even if you exit Fulton St station from the Lex line platforms, which are the westernmost ones in the station complex, you still have to go through a labyrinth? That seems rather odd. Do you have to go downstairs to the IND platform and then go back upstairs to exit the station even if you got off a Lex train? I thought that only happened if you got off a 7th Ave train and wanted to go west or got off a Lex train and wanted to go east. In any case, is the problem going to be fixed after they finish FSTC?

No, you just go out, you don't have to go through anything.

I still maintain it's the (4) & (5)....

That's impossible, I only got to 47...

On the old (E), I just gunned it from 71 Av with the R32 and I swear hit 100. I noticed the R46 however, the new one, has quite a speed limiter on it, and a lot more accurate brakes. I hit atleast 90 coming down from the Viaduct into Bergen in the old one.

Archived