A trip on the Bx12 +SBS

Jchillin

I had not rode on the new Bx12 +Select due to being at a local stop. So I took a ride yesterday from Fordham to Bay Plaza.

The buses are really nice and quiet. What I do see as a problem is with fare collecting. Why stick a metrocard into another machine to get a receipt which no one collects or inspects? There were agents at every stop along the route to assist passengers which did help quite a few. Oh, be careful if you are at the JC Penny stop in Bay Plaza...the cash only machine is outside but the metrocard machines are inside the store?!!

Oh, I took some pics:

On Pelham Pkwy

NYCTSSBus1.jpg

NYCTBus3.jpg

NYCTSSBus2.jpg

Bay Plaza

NYCTBus6.jpg

NYCTBus7.jpg

NYCTBus8.jpg

BTW, anyone know the model?

I had not rode on the new Bx12 +Select due to being at a local stop. So I took a ride yesterday from Fordham to Bay Plaza.

The buses are really nice and quiet. What I do see as a problem is with fare collecting. Why stick a metrocard into another machine to get a receipt which no one collects or inspects? There were agents at every stop along the route to assist passengers which did help quite a few. Oh, be careful if you are at the JC Penny stop in Bay Plaza...the cash only machine is outside but the metrocard machines are inside the store?!!

Oh, I took some pics:

On Pelham Pkwy

Bay Plaza

BTW, anyone know the model?

New Flyer D60HF

Guess what? Even NYCTA employees have to pay for SBS, or we get a $60 fine......

WOW! Local 100 is doing great for our dues.......

That's taking it to far...Are you serious? The people who work on transporting the big apple now have to pay to use the transportation of the big apple. :eek: I'm sure the local is recieving more ridership as the days go by...

Guess what? Even NYCTA employees have to pay for SBS, or we get a $60 fine......

WOW! Local 100 is doing great for our dues.......

Why? It's just a glorified version of the Bx12 LTD and last time I checked employees didn't have to pay for that. Like Orion said it's time to start using that local.

I had a conversation with my friend yesterday about BX12 SBS just not being worth it, and we've decided to stick with the local from now on. Besides the fact that the locals outnumber the SBS buses, it's just annoying. Everyone at the bus stop and on the bus is confused, you have to be multilingual to help people, I've seen B/O's just let people on for free cuz they didn't have time to explain it and this was this week. Plus I'm still bitter about them taking out the Sedgwick stop.

Well despite all that they manage to run on time. It's getting better, believe me. My major annoyance at this point is the fact that people don't use the back door enough. I think that as time goes on however the trip times will decrease and in the future the ride should be as fast as the subway. Or not. At least it should improve to a half hour ride from 45 minutes like now.

Actually 2003-2004. The last of the 57xx came in 2004.

Yeah I think 5752-5769 are '04's.

i wish new flyer and (MTA) never had a fight. then we would have more stylish buses than those soon-to-be ugly orion vii NG.

Even if they had not, we would still be getting VII NG's.

i wish new flyer and (MTA) never had a fight. then we would have more stylish buses than those soon-to-be ugly orion vii NG.
NG was never ugly, and never will be.

Picture from my friend in Canada.

2813-a.jpg

That bus may cause some pants to get tighter... :eek:

Great shots! I like the third one the most.

Oh, be careful if you are at the JC Penny stop in Bay Plaza...the cash only machine is outside but the metrocard machines are inside the store?!!

I still don't understand why it's set up that way. It's such a pain.

• 1 month later...
Its a 100 smack-o-roos unless the employees get fined 60 bucks.....

well all of Us Employee's are supposed to Dip Or swipe Our I.D.Metro cards in Order to use the service I and from My understanding is it is a 100$$ fine if you try and fare-evade

Archived