Questions about short MNRR stations

Via Garibaldi 8

Once I have seen an M2/4/6 consist on the Hudson Line. I don't know the exact reason for it but it could have been a shortage of equiptment @ Harmon and they dead headed equiptment from Highbridge.

Other times you would see M8's on the Hudson Line is for service @ the Kawasaki plant in Yonkers.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously? The M2/4/6/8's make appearances on the Hudson line all the time. It's EXTREMELY rare for them to be operating in service, but they go up to Harmon shops for maintenance. Just like they go to North White Plains for paint jobs - and I ONCE caught an in-service M2 coming down from Southeast.

As for platforms, it's not limited to Metro-North Stations, the LIRR also have few stations who carry 4 cars, Kew Gardens and Forest Hills. Pretty much it's ridership level or because it's close proximity to other (MTA) services that could be used, like the Subway and Regional Bus Systems.

I don't how you use a one car platform.

You only open one (or two) door(s) of the train.

That's exactly it! A station such as Mt. Pleasant this is what's done as are stations with low level platforms. Same thing goes for bridge plates as is the current senario at Cortlandt Station. Currently track 2 is out of service there and there's a bridge plate so trains can load and unload from track 4. The conductor makes an announcement "anyone getting off at Cortlandt must exit from the rear car" and the conductor keys out the single door.

You can tell which stations the LIRR just barely saved from getting closed down when they went to all high level platforms, because those got the 1 car platforms (Bellport, Greenport shuttle, etc)

I didn't know Bellport was one car... That explains the horrid service to it.

I remover my dad saying when he went to visit my uncle in Medford he saw the station and called it the smallest station he'd ever seen...

Some Downtown Brooklyn Stops would be handy, though, such as Richmond hills (connection to (J)(Z) ) or I think QJ brought up building a metro mall station for the (M)...

Archived