I hate 156

LIBusdriver349

I got 156 today cuz it was between 410,100,and 156.....

OMG!!!!!

my uncle drives for the company too and he had that bus and warned me about it....but i didnt listen.......

tht bus is haunted i sware to god.....it was ductaped all by the back door.....so that nobody could use it because all through the run today all i heard was

"please stand clear of the door while bus is in motion"...and id look in the mirror and nobody would be on the bus..... i was like WTF???

all day it did this and i wrote it up.....when i turned in the pprwork i left .....and as i was leaving guess wat bus i saw leaving the yard??? 156 ...they sent it out again......HAH to u other driver.......HAH!!!

I got 156 today cuz it was between 410,100,and 156.....

OMG!!!!!

my uncle drives for the company too and he had that bus and warned me about it....but i didnt listen.......

tht bus is haunted i sware to god.....it was ductaped all by the back door.....so that nobody could use it because all through the run today all i heard was

"please stand clear of the door while bus is in motion"...and id look in the mirror and nobody would be on the bus..... i was like WTF???

all day it did this and i wrote it up.....when i turned in the pprwork i left .....and as i was leaving guess wat bus i saw leaving the yard??? 156 ...they sent it out again......HAH to u other driver.......HAH!!!

Now you know how MTA is. Do they put a new card in when the bus is brought in, and the old card disappears, so the other driver has no clue the bus is defective????

why would i take 100? i told u guys the only reason i take that bus is if i want a hassle all day and an elongated lunch break....and it wines like a baby....ughh god

and no the driver knows the bus is defective, tells the dispatch office....and the office tells them to take it....

150px-The home of the Dawgs!!!
Yeah, the raggity dawgs...

I think they duct taped the back door because it keeps opening on it's own. I used to think LIB took better care of buses than MTAB...

Yeah, the raggity dawgs...

I think they duct taped the back door because it keeps opening on it's own. I used to think LIB took better care of buses than MTAB...

Well, College Point(QSC) and Spring Creek(Command) had the best CNG fleets, and they are two of the best Depots as far as maintenance. So In a way, MTAB's fleet is better, but I like LIB's best!

They still have not fixed 156? Oh man I remember 4 years ago I was on the N79 coming out of Walt Whitman Mall, and the bus kept stopping for no reason. The b/o had to open and close the w/c lift to get the back door to "close". He did this several times before getting to Hicksville.

Stalled out that day too. True POS.

why would i take 100? i told u guys the only reason i take that bus is if i want a hassle all day and an elongated lunch break....and it wines like a baby....ughh god

and no the driver knows the bus is defective, tells the dispatch office....and the office tells them to take it....

100 seems to run pretty good to me, the ZF-Ecomat tranny seems alot smoother than the Allisons.

Only problem is they stall out for no reason, but they usually start back up again. The same cant be said for the Allisons.

100 seems to run pretty good to me, the ZF-Ecomat tranny seems alot smoother than the Allisons.

Only problem is they stall out for no reason, but they usually start back up again. The same cant be said for the Allisons.

Allison is smoother but ZF in this case takes off faster, it's still pretty smooth. 101 has grown on me...

101 shoulda been junked years ago......

okay so how about a little history for you.....

when we first got bus 100 it was the only CNG we really got, and more were on the way very soon to come.........the day we got it it was checked out by a mechanic and given out to a driver.......driver pre tripped it and was aloud to take it on his run ......

idk if you are familiar with roads around the yard but he made a left outta the yard onto commercial avenue towards Stewart, and made it literally about 200-300 feet.....................than broke down lol...his radio died as well so a bus comin from charles lindbergh boulevard had to radio it in

lol if u guys ever have any buses u want the history of, or see how they run or whatever, im ur man to ask lol:)

Also didn't the CNG buses have different kind of radios when they were delivered? I remember a telephone handset being used.

I think 657-666 were the first CNG's actually, they sounded similar to the low 100s. They also had cloth seats (similar to newer NYCT buses). Those were verrryyy slow, unreliable, and they couldn't run with the a/c on or they'd breakdown. They are all gone, retired years ago, for obvious reasons.

lol if u guys ever have any buses u want the history of, or see how they run or whatever, im ur man to ask lol:)
So when these buses (from 13x or 14x and up) came, they used to cricket? Seems like alot of them don't even cricket, only one I remember cricketing from LIB is 175, 288, 322, and I think it was 458.

watch?v=JfPpYt_rDUI&feature=related

yes 175, i've actually never driven 288, and 322 is rockville center bus

LOL if you want to put a video, just slap in the link and post, IMG tags aren't for videos :cool:

You know of any buses (other than 175 and 353) that cricket? I plan to go to LIB this Friday and get some videos.

go to lib, like the yard???

349 crickets if it feels like it....nd idk others....

try and catch **222**,**285**,**287**,**457**,331,334,456,186,191,195,209,

i miss these buses and havent driven them for while, like to see them....lots of them lol

I see 457 all the time so I will likely catch it...

Here's 222

orion083ox7.jpg

nice shot, few others would be nice lol lets see the other buses too lol im likin this.....

457 is important......

287 are extremely important,

the other ones are if u catch them u catch them....and lets get some multiple shots lol jkjk watever u can get is appreciated

Archived