What route comes into downtown Manhattan during P.M rush?

Transitfan007

Lately I've been seeing MCIs coming out of the Holland dead-head into Manhattan during the P.M. rush, but not sure where they go after that. I know the NABIs run the 120 into Bayonne. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks!

Probably Academy buses. NJT don't have MCI's to go in the Lincoln no more since the 134 went south.

Probably Academy buses. NJT don't have MCI's to go in the Lincoln no more since the 134 went south.

These are not Academy I'm talking about. They are NJT MCI's going through the Holland into Manhattan dead-head. Where are they going to pick up?

buses on detour as sometimes lincoln is so bad NJT dispatchers ask B/Os to deviate to holland

Thanks, I guess they head up the Westside hwy to PABT after that. I figured it had to do with something like that, because I don't see them downtown WS at all.

It's probably Ironbound and Howell guys deadheading in. With all the construction and delays at the Lincoln Tunnel and just the stress and aggravation of getting into the Port they probably think it's a better way in.

• 2 weeks later...

Im a bus driver for Suburban Transit and all the NJT MCI's and some NABI's use the Holland in the PM to NY because of traffic at the Lincoln. When going to the PABT I also use the Holland, though it is tighter, there is less traffic.(Until you get to 40th Street)

Im a bus driver for Suburban Transit and all the NJT MCI's and some NABI's use the Holland in the PM to NY because of traffic at the Lincoln. When going to the PABT I also use the Holland, though it is tighter, there is less traffic.(Until you get to 40th Street)

I was forced to endure hell on the lincoln while needing to pee badly I ran off the bus as soon as he entered PABT I was scared I was gonna pee myself. The buses need their own tunnel they can't coexist peacefully with others on the lincoln too many asswipes going slow

I really don't know how many times we have to rehash this:

The issue isn't the tunnel......It's a capacity issue in the PABT. If you noticed there is very light car traffic when you get on the NY side of the tunnel, but the line of buses backs up from the upper level all the way back into Jersey.

I really don't know how many times we have to rehash this:

The issue isn't the tunnel......It's a capacity issue in the PABT. If you noticed there is very light car traffic when you get on the NY side of the tunnel, but the line of buses backs up from the upper level all the way back into Jersey.

So car traffic is not the cause of the lincoln clusterf**k? its buses?

Archived