Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My list is #115 i reinstated my number feb and got confirmation from livingston i dont really know how it works when you reinstate a # but i am hoping for the best and hoping its not to late for me can anyone clarify thank you

Hey call the automated system and press 0. A rep will get on and tell you to fax them something. My brother also went down to Livingston and they gave him a confirmation and when he call DCAS they never got anything. But if you call directly they will have you fax over a letter and put your name back on.

Just to give everyone another heads up. The instructors did mention the April class, but also the possibility there might be 3 or 4 more classes this year. The key word in that sentence is might. The February class, and the class I'm currently in has 27 people.

Again good luck to everyone who is patiently waiting, just make sure you have all of your stuff in order for initial processing.

I'm also going do some math to give everyone a slight overview of the acceptance ratio for my class and the February class. This could vary from class to class. The October class, the last number appointed was 415, the last updated figure which was on 4/3 is 521, which is the March class, the one I'm currently in.

521 - 415 = 106  That's 106 applicants which were most likely processed for the last 2 classes.

Being that there is 27 people in the February class and the current class, the acceptance ratio is roughly 50% on the nose. 54  being the total figure of the 2 classes combined.

I would say for the most part since there aren't any education, or really any employment requirements for the job, I would say the other 50% mostly likely failed the drug test. Few could've had second thoughts etc etc.

The only way your criminal history could affect you, is if you:

A. Lie, since they are proactive, meaning if you lie you are done. They will find out.

B. Or if you are honest, and have numerous convictions, as in one every year, or one every couple of years for the last decade, which basically means you never learned your lesson. Meaning if you pass medical, and make it to the interview, they could turn you away. They key word in that sentence is could. Meaning 50/50.

They also don't ask you for your criminal history on the pre-employment application anymore, due to a new law in the city called the " Fair Chance Act ". Before this law went into affect, you had to hand in your dispositions, and they would send them upstairs for review. If you cleared, they would send you to take the drug test. 

But you have to mention all of your history on the CPD-B, which is the 21 page packet you'll get after you take your first drug test. Also have your dispositions, besides the other documentation you'll need when you hand in your CPD-B.

Bottom line, as long as you don't have a boatload of convictions, and you don't lie, and try to hide it you should be good. But if your convictions are sealed, meaning the dispositions are stamped with either 160.50 or 160.55 under NYS law, those are sealed convictions, and you do not have to report them.

Violations also do not appear in criminal history searches anymore. It's a new law that went into effect a few years ago. I mean criminal violations , not traffic violations. The only way a criminal violation will show up is if you were convicted of a felony, or misdemeanor on the same conviction date of the violation. 

Meaning for example, if you were convicted of Robbery 2, and Disorderly Conduct (Violation) on the same date, the violation will appear on the criminal history search. Meaning also you would have to report that violation conviction on your CPD-B.

If you were just convicted of a violation by itself, chances are it's going to be sealed within 6 months to a year after the date of conviction, so you would good anyway.

Traffic violations have to be reported, and paid, or else you won't be able to continue with the processing, they will ask you this at pre-employment.

I know I posted this before, but some people have a hard time reading the thread. So before the question is asked for the 10th time, the answer is right here.

Bottom line DO NOT LIE ABOUT ANYTHING.

Edited by SteveNYC

Yes you lose seniority when you decline the job initially, but when you're placed in a class after having your list number restored you will have the most seniority in that class most likely because you will have the lowest list number.

not really sure if the april class is full yet. i went in for my 2nd drug test almost 3 weeks ago and still no word on medical. did u go in for drug screening and medical yet? if not then most likely no u will not make that class .

This is in reference to my brother who had reinstated his number. His is in the mid 400's. He hasn't heard anything yet.

Hey does anyone know if there is going to be an April class ? If so when will they start to notify eliabgle ppl

There is an April class, from what I heard at school today it starts April 25th. If the class is not full, which I'm not sure of, you should get an email this week if you've already taken your drug test. But you also have to remember, you could have people who just got off a medical hold, that should've been in the class I'm in, possibly the one prior to mine, depending on the type of medical hold. In those cases they'll get first priority being that they were cleared by MAC. Unfortunately the medical holds do slow the list down a bit. Just remember and this goes for anyone waiting for the email, make sure your spam filters are off.

Judging from the size of the February class, and the class I'm currently in ( March ), 27 seems to be the magic number as far as class size.

Edited by SteveNYC

Just to give everyone another heads up. The instructors did mention the April class, but also the possibility there might be 3 or 4 more classes this year. The key word in that sentence is might. The February class, and the class I'm currently in has 27 people.

Again good luck to everyone who is patiently waiting, just make sure you have all of your stuff in order for initial processing.

Good job stevenyc keeping everyone updated although you already made it to a class, most guys on here just vanished once they were sworn in. I have a question do you know what trade the maintainers were that you were in orientation with? Example masons, carpenters, plumbers etc. They have been hiring alot of maintainers lately. Thanks in advance

Good job stevenyc keeping everyone updated although you already made it to a class, most guys on here just vanished once they were sworn in. I have a question do you know what trade the maintainers were that you were in orientation with? Example masons, carpenters, plumbers etc. They have been hiring alot of maintainers lately. Thanks in advance

Thanks man:

As far as Structure Maintainers, the class now has mostly Carpenters, but there are a few Plumbers, one Painter ( provisional ), and one Welder. I've been talking to allot of those guys. The class before this one in February had allot of Ironworkers. I was talking to about 4 of them on the day I was sworn in at 180 Livingston. They were waiting to be sworn in as well. I just missed making the February Track class by one person. I know they have the test open now for more Plumbers.

Thanks man:

As far as Structure Maintainers, the class now has mostly Carpenters, but there are a few Plumbers, one Painter ( provisional ), and one Welder. I've been talking to allot of those guys. The class before this one in February had allot of Ironworkers. I was talking to about 4 of them on the day I was sworn in at 180 Livingston. They were waiting to be sworn in as well. I just missed making the February Track class by one person. I know they have the test open now for more Plumbers.

Thanks again, and your right, its a bit off topic but if any one here has the experience the application just cane out on 4/8/16 for SME ( Structure maintainer E) which is for MTA plumbers. And they probably will be hiring people from this exam as provisionals.

how long is training at coneyisland for ?

Class gets split into 2 groups, half goes to the Bronx E180th yard, the other half to 38th st yard. Tomorrow the 38th st group which I'm in will get split in half. The ones not selected to go to Coney Island, will stay at 38th st until May 2nd, which is our last day of yard training. On May 3rd we have to do Fire Evacuation Training. After that it's 9 days of flagging training.

Edited by SteveNYC