Workaholic's advice needed on (ugghh) Cooking..

realizm

I like corned beef hash. Love my pork bacon but I have to admit you will get tired of it after a while. How about steak and eggs. A leftover steal from the night before with eggs.

Yeah usually i skip lunch myself. Matter of fact isn't breakfast the real important day of the day? Also lunch. Not goog to sleep om a heavy dinner. that will put on pounds as a person sleeps. I'm conscious about that...

Sweet cantalopes with cottage cheese is good. Great midday snack if you're not for a heavy cheese steak sandwich for lunch or dinneer and getting the itis in other words. I imagine you can keep oneself from gaining ponds eating in a routine like that.

I rarely eat pork bacon(more to fact i have high blood pressure)thus i find turkey bacon a great alternative. Up to 60% less salt and also less calories. My favorite is either Butterball or Oscar Meyer brands. With that said, do limit realizm and everyone else reading and stay away whenever possible from processed stuff such as can stuff or most packaged stuff.

FYI. Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon is only packaged breakfast meat that endorsed for American Heart Association.

Turkey bacon is not bad, I like turkey bacon. Tasty.

High blood pressure runs in my family. I'm lucky, my blood pressure is actually below the norm, but I will follow your suggestions.

no problem. dont forget the veggies (especially the greens like spanich and brocolli)and fruits in the diet every day as well. :lol:

oatmeal & raisin FTW..... it's the only "hot" cereal I eat in the mornings (whenever I do eat breakfast, that is)....

I got about 3 packs of the pepperidge farm cookies in the cupboard right now..... too bad they don't sell the entenmanns oatmeal & raisin cookies anymore (well, in this neighborhood anyway, I haven't seen em around for about a year now... I used to OD on those things)

As much as ppl. make a reference to college kids & ramen noodles & what not (or just ramen noodles, period), I still have yet to eat instant/powdered soups....

Being Italian I would feel quite ashamed if I didn't know how to cook anyway, but to be honest, if realizm wants to cook very little and not spend a lot of time, it is very easy to make things like salads and soups (hot or cold) and they can be healthy since he can decide what to put in them. I get a salad about every other day at Whole Foods (which I make myself) and all it takes is throwing some spinach in a container with some broccoli, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, cheaper.

ARGGGH! Veggies!!

Many people were lecturing me for I don't know how long on eating those yucky veggies I despise. I mean is'nt that what Centrum vitamins are for?

ARGGGH! Veggies!!

Many people were lecturing me for I don't know how long on eating those yucky veggies I despise. I mean is'nt that what Centrum vitamins are for?

Centrum doesn't work very well. There's an annotated x-ray on the internet somewhere showing a Centrum passing through the body undigested. It's as close to swallowing a rock as you can get without swallowing a rock. Get your nutrients from real foods. A pill doesn't encapsulate all the goodness of nature.

Dang. I guess I have to start gagging down veggies. No way around it.

Not so bad! What about veggie juices? For instance( I dont have juicer at home at moment)there the ready made juices. The only negative they high in sugar but still better than a candy bar. I like for a green machine green apple, celery, small 1/2 of carrott and spanich. Not that bad.

Just a suggestion :lol:

Dang. I guess I have to start gagging down veggies. No way around it.

Maybe it would be easier go eat the veggies if they were fresh from the produce stand! ;)

I sometimes enjoy some fresh fruit (I usually have blueberries, strawberries, and peach but you can have different fruits) mixed in with some vanilla yogurt and granola. That is healthy, vegetable-free, and cooking-free.

Maybe it would be easier go eat the veggies if they were fresh from the produce stand! ;)

I sometimes enjoy some fresh fruit (I usually have blueberries, strawberries, and peach but you can have different fruits) mixed in with some vanilla yogurt and granola. That is healthy, vegetable-free, and cooking-free.

Ahhhh yes yes it is.

I eat a lot of sweet potatoes (especially the purple variety), tomatoes (as tomato sauce), carrots (as juice), watermelon, guava, and bananas. If you eat a lot of sweet potatoes, you can't go wrong. It's got the best nutritional profile of all vegetables (if not all foods).

Archived