Staten Island bus trivia

Metro

Here, you may post wuestions and answer others. Ill start:

Which is the longest express bus route in SI?

Which is the busiest transportation hub? Busiest express trans. Hub?

Which is the fastest/slowest local route?

Which bus route connects to the most SIR stops?

Which bus route has the least turns?

On which 2 routes do 1/2 of the ridership come from school service?

Which is the busiest supplemental school (ex. ND la.& mill rd)

Which bus routes have the highest fare evasion?

Here, you may post wuestions and answer others. Ill start:

Which is the longest express bus route in SI?

Which is the busiest transportation hub? Busiest express trans. Hub?

Which is the fastest/slowest local route?

Which bus route connects to the most SIR stops?

Which bus route has the least turns?

On which 2 routes do 1/2 of the ridership come from school service?

Which is the busiest supplemental school (ex. ND la.& mill rd)

Which bus routes have the highest fare evasion?

Eh, might as well.

Longest express route length-wise would be the X22

Busiest hub: St. George

Fastest: S40/90 (though the S89 can get pretty fast too)

Slowest: S48

Most SIR stops: S51

Least turns: Probably the S62

Student ridership: S55/56

Busiest school: Well, that school is New Dorp at Mill Road, but I'd have to say Tottenville HS, or those schools by the SI Mall

Highest fare evasion: S46/96

Correct on everything but high speed. I doubt the S40 is the fastest. More like the S54-7

I also believe S46 has high evasion, mostly because of IS61 (i go there) and probably PT richmond HS and the community. Going to IS61, its like 96% and PM, its like 99.3% (out of the 4 pm buses, there's always this adult who still takes kid 2 school and pays. $2.25 doesn't exactcly pay for 315 customers (kids).

Correct on everything but high speed. I doubt the S40 is the fastest. More like the S54-7

I also believe S46 has high evasion, mostly because of IS61 (i go there) and probably PT richmond HS and the community. Going to IS61, its like 96% and PM, its like 99.3% (out of the 4 pm buses, there's always this adult who still takes kid 2 school and pays. $2.25 doesn't exactcly pay for 315 customers (kids).

The S54 & S57 aren't that fast. I mean, maybe a little along Rockland Avenue, but if that has traffic, then it'll be slow. The S55 & S56 I could believe, though (I'm not a regular rider of the South Shore routes).

And I was just talking about the S46 in general. I mean, every route passes by some schools, but in general, there are more farebeaters on that route compared to other ones.

• 2 weeks later...

And I was just talking about the S46 in general. I mean, every route passes by some schools, but in general, there are more farebeaters on that route compared to other ones.

That's because more black people live where the S46 runs.

That's because more black people live where the S46 runs.

Actually, there aren't. If anything, the route with the most blacks is the S40 and that doesn't see as much farebeating. In fact, most of the neighborhoods along the S46 are predominantly Hispanic. In fact, if you walk along Castleton Avenue in West Brighton, you'll see a lot of Mexican restaurants. It's almost like an extension of Port Richmond to the west. I'm surprised at how far south the Hispanic influence extends. I was down by Delafield Avenue between Broadway & Elizabeth a few days ago, and I saw a decent amount of Hispanics there.

Plus, some of the blacks on the S46 may not actually be black. They might be dark-skinned Hispanics. Or they could be part-White. For example, I know a girl who lives by the S46 route in Mariners' Harbor, and she's a mix of Jamaican and Italian, but she doesn't really look Italian.

What? What does the fact that they are black have to do with anything? Watch your words...

Sorry but in my opinion black people farebeat the most out of all races and this is from simple observations.

Actually, there aren't. If anything, the route with the most blacks is the S40 and that doesn't see as much farebeating. In fact, most of the neighborhoods along the S46 are predominantly Hispanic. In fact, if you walk along Castleton Avenue in West Brighton, you'll see a lot of Mexican restaurants. It's almost like an extension of Port Richmond to the west. I'm surprised at how far south the Hispanic influence extends. I was down by Delafield Avenue between Broadway & Elizabeth a few days ago, and I saw a decent amount of Hispanics there.

Plus, some of the blacks on the S46 may not actually be black. They might be dark-skinned Hispanics. Or they could be part-White. For example, I know a girl who lives by the S46 route in Mariners' Harbor, and she's a mix of Jamaican and Italian, but she doesn't really look Italian.

Yes but when I visited SI and rode on the S46 to visit a friend I noticed that most of the farebeaters on that bus was mostly African Americans ranging from teens to young adults, it's actually a fact that black people are most likely to not pay the fare when boarding a bus (especially when the bus is passing through the low income areas). Heck, I even saw a vandalized bus that says ''99% of black people don't pay the fare''. This isn't really true but when you notice it more a majority (NOT ALL) black people really don't pay the fare.

People of all races farebeat, not just blacks. Let's not turn this into a race thread please.

Yes that is true, but when you look at it more MOST blacks won't pay the fare they just walk pass the driver without even saying a word or even look at them.

Yes that is true, but when you look at it more MOST blacks won't pay the fare they just walk pass the driver without even saying a word or even look at them.

You know, you have to realize that the way you say things like that make you sound racist. I'm not saying that black people do not farebeat, but you also need to realize that farebeating is everywhere, not just Staten Island. And like I said, people farebeat regardless of race.

That isn't true, the B38 has a low farebeating percentage and it passes through a number of minority neighborhoods. As I said, watch your words...

Just face it guys I'm not racist you don't see me going around saying the N word without a care. Can't you not see that there is a 68% chance that a black person will most likely not pay the fare and even if he/she puts in coins in the farebox it will most likely be short change? Then you guys wonder why the MTA does fare hikes and farebeaters cost them 50$ mill a year. You can have black people to blame for that since MOST will not pay

Archived