what happens to the train operators when an GO on an line suspension?

alekr

There off on the weekend. For example, the (M) week workers are off and are with there families, probably.

They may work for a different line. But, remember not all lines have the same frequency on weekend. They may fill in for someone here and there.

LOL there's no vacation here. If your job gets cut, you get reassigned. Those with picked jobs get first priority on other open jobs, so the crew office will try to match you up with the closest time/location job to the one you normally work, but it's still up to them to decide where you end up, and you have no say (and unfortunately also don't receive any extra compensation if you have to travel to a reporting location farther away).

I work the 5, which gets butchered more than any other line in A-Div, so I've experienced this PLENTY.

The next 4 weekends, there's no 5 service except for shuttles to E180. I have one of the few lucky jobs that will be doing the shuttle runs all day, but about 66% of the weekend 5 crews will be working another line of the crew office's choosing.

Last month, when the 5 was running local to Brooklyn Bridge every 20 minutes, I was getting reassigned. If another 5 C/R requested the day off, I would get their 5 job, but if not, I would be sent to a different line.

Wait a sec...Under this method of reassignment, wouldn't you just have too many T/Os?

No there's always jobs available to work, if anything it cuts out the OVERTIME for those with weekends off..

There off on the weekend. For example, the (M) week workers are off and are with there families, probably.

They may work for a different line. But, remember not all lines have the same frequency on weekend. They may fill in for someone here and there.

No way please if you aren't aware don't please say things like that. You can have folks thinking they are getting paid to stay home! Which isnt the case...

LOL there's no vacation here. If your job gets cut, you get reassigned. Those with picked jobs get first priority on other open jobs, so the crew office will try to match you up with the closest time/location job to the one you normally work, but it's still up to them to decide where you end up, and you have no say (and unfortunately also don't receive any extra compensation if you have to travel to a reporting location farther away).

I work the 5, which gets butchered more than any other line in A-Div, so I've experienced this PLENTY.

Yeah, what this guy said. :ph34r:

...because the (M) runs OPTO on the weekends does not mean Conductors automatically have the weekends off... unless they've enough seniority to have an (M) job Monday through Friday... weekends off is for senior guys... and if you like weekends off (I don't like having them off, personally).

You think you can just walk in here and say "I want to work the M Monday-Friday"? You'll have about 20 years worth of C/R's laughing in your face and say "I'm STILL waiting for enough seniority to pick that, now get in line and wait your turn".

The M was THE #1 senior line back when they had those Bay Parkway trips. Sign in at Met around 9am, do one trip to Bay Parkway (which will be totally dead empty the entire way), do a layup at Coney Island, chill at the beach for a couple hours, do another put-in to go north for the PM rush, and you're done. These days that line is more work, but the senior guys still want it.

Archived