Wonderful Veolia B/O on the 836

Orion VII 4 Life

Posting this on my phone from Walmart in Nepttune, I just got off 6144 on the 836 not long ago and had a very rude B/O basically harass me for taking pictures. I got on at Freehold Center and began my on board video. A passenger who didn't want his picture taken told me to stop, and I told him I was pointing the camera out the window and would not aim it towards him as a courtesy (of course legally I can film him in public). I sat back down and the B/O immediately said "kid with the camera come up here", so I go up there and he tells me that if I take another picture he'd throw me off the bus. I wasn't going to start a big thing with him, but I told him there's no anti-photography NJT rule. He then starts bitching about how he works for Veolia and not NJT, and is a completely separate operation (even though they are a CONTRACTOR to NJT) so their rules don't apply to him. Like I said, I wasn't going to start, so I asked him for his badge/ID number (which I'm real sure he's required to provide on request) and he refuses and yells to everyone to tell him if I take another picture so he can kick me off. I sat down and took out my audio recorder instead for a sound clip, and I ask him again for his badge number when I got off at Walmart. He rudely refused, and I told him I was calling NJT, instead he told me to call the Veolia depot and that NJT would tell me to call them as well.

I'm seriously debating whether or not to call NJT (def not calling Veolia). I know there's people on here who wouldn't, but this guy was just rude and refused to give me a badge number. What do you guys think?

Do you have the sound clip for that. IMO call both.

I was getting a sound clip of the bus, not of him. I don't think calling Veolia is a good idea since he wants me to call his depot, who he'll probably tell to expect my call. Don't forget, Veolia is a contractor to NJT who is gonna do what they can to keep their contract, of course they'd want me to call them directly since NJT wouldn't know about the incident.

Yes call NJT i think the B/O was out of line and telling the others inside to report ouy if they get you caught taking pics talk about hiding behind them like collateral. One thing is for sure he should have shown badge and id i mean no matter what contracted or not that is customer's right to know and report accureately. So orion go for it, let the lions loose and give veolia depot hell.

Call Njt . I called velioa once on operator who passed me when i flagged him down. They didn't care who I am because they think i dont know nothing about bus braking in the snow.. Njt do care about me. Go with NJt they got all their rules and contract with them in their files and if you feel they breached the Njt contract, then just tell them the bus number, bus route and time and direction (freehold bound or asbury park bound) and date you was on. All this can lead to one person who was harassing you. Just be honest with them this way they can stern these drivers the who right or who wrong. If you did read the rules before you go tell them that and where you saw it, I would print that page up, make copies and show it to them. Those are live evidence to back you up. I hate those veloia drivers they are the worst. Beside they not operate here in nj dont forget they are nationwide transit agent.

Yes call NJT i think the B/O was out of line and telling the others inside to report ouy if they get you caught taking pics talk about hiding behind them like collateral. One thing is for sure he should have shown badge and id i mean no matter what contracted or not that is customer's right to know and report accureately. So orion go for it, let the lions loose and give veolia depot hell.

Yeah, I felt like I was on a damn school bus, like the driver telling the little kiddies to snitch on a person caught doing something wrong and threatening to kick the bad kid off. I'm not gonna give Veolia hell, I'll let the folks at NJT do that. I'm not calling that depot because more than likely some rude guy is gonna pick up, not listen to me, and defend the B/O and their contract ($$$) at all costs.

Call Njt . I called velioa once on operator who passed me when i flagged him down. They didn't care who I am because they think i dont know nothing about bus braking in the snow.. Njt do care about me. Go with NJt they got all their rules and contract with them in their files and if you feel they breached the Njt contract, then just tell them the bus number, bus route and time and direction (freehold bound or asbury park bound) and date you was on. All this can lead to one person who was harassing you. Just be honest with them this way they can stern these drivers the who right or who wrong. If you did read the rules before you go tell them that and where you saw it, I would print that page up, make copies and show it to them. Those are live evidence to back you up. I hate those veloia drivers they are the worst. Beside they not operate here in nj dont forget they are nationwide transit agent.

Unfortunately people around here aren't always nice (no offense if you're from Monmouth). I can't really be too surprised that a Veolia Monmouth B/O or someone riding one of their buses wouldn't like people taking pictures, since Veolia's NJT routes aren't frequented by busfans other than myself and they (both Veolia and passengers) aren't used to people taking pictures on/of their buses. But that B/O was just rude. Did I mention he used the terrorist excuse BS (he said something along the lines of "how do I know you're not gonna send that video to terrorists")?

you are not alone . ever since 9/11 everyone is afraid because they see something and said something. Even on Mta property police are asking them not to film meanwhile on the Mta website said they can. This was going on with the media on and off. I saw a youtube with a bunch of people going to airport and one of them is standing up for their right because they check the rules before they go. By the time they got to the airport the screener said turn the camera off and the camera guy said no. Screener was calling his supervisor like an idiot on the the video calling "soup, soup, soup" WHICH IS HILARIOUS retarded guy. But the camera guy won because the supervisor saw it on the web but there is one spot that need to be turn off. If these transportation drivers dont like to be filmed then why you have this job?

you are not alone . ever since 9/11 everyone is afraid because they see something and said something. Even on Mta property police are asking them not to film meanwhile on the Mta website said they can. This was going on with the media on and off. I saw a youtube with a bunch of people going to airport and one of them is standing up for their right because they check the rules before they go. By the time they got to the airport the screener said turn the camera off and the camera guy said no. Screener was calling his supervisor like an idiot on the the video calling "soup, soup, soup" WHICH IS HILARIOUS retarded guy. But the camera guy won because the supervisor saw it on the web but there is one spot that need to be turn off. If these transportation drivers dont like to be filmed then why you have this job?

If that's a Port Authority airport (JFK, EWR, or LGA) then photography is prohibited. The Port Authority Police are known to be very strict about photography in all of their facilities.

Call NJT. NJT gets more complaints about Veolia and the way they treat their passengers, Veolia won't be doing NJT routes, which they lose money and workers. Veolia should know there are bus enthusiasts and they are there to videotape the bus, not the passengers or the B/O.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna call them up tomorrow.

Archived