BL Queen Bee BRT update?

mark1447

Total BS convert the 20X trips before 9PM into 21 white plains trips. Let the central park ave corridor have full time LTD service on the entire corridor. Then eventually convert it into BRT. If you are going to get BRT LTD stop service between WP and bedford park then let people get used to LTD service by having 21 go to WP the 20 is usually late and 20X outside of night hours is a joke and a complete waste doesn't save enough time so as 21 less stops and gas wasted the regular 20 is good enough for local service. People north of there should not be stuck with slow tardy service. That's like saying 1W is a good alternative to the 3 no it is not ones trip should not take 90+ mins for what is supposed to be a 30 min journey especially when the majority are going from WP to yonkers. Same applies to the 21/20 if your really serious about BRT then let people get used to full time LTD stop service along the entire corridor. You will be surprised how much people hate the fort hill trips while waiting for White plains try being a passenger.

Would you be surprised to know that Central Park Ave. ridership from the Bronx to Yonkers (and vice-versa), far exceeds ridership from the Bronx to WP or Yonkers to WP ? Before I retired, we were thinking about ending the Ft. Hill trips at Tuckahoe Rd. Better utilization of equipment based upon ridership demand.

Would you be surprised to know that Central Park Ave. ridership from the Bronx to Yonkers (and vice-versa), far exceeds ridership from the Bronx to WP or Yonkers to WP ? Before I retired, we were thinking about ending the Ft. Hill trips at Tuckahoe Rd. Better utilization of equipment based upon ridership demand.

I know that part but WP north needs shorter waits at rush in both directions I am not suggesting adding 20 trips I am suggesting converting 20X trips into full 21 LTD stop trips to reduce stopping time and reduce travel time as the regular 20 is good enough for local service the 20X is not needed outside hours when cross county is closed. Instead of having slow and tardy 20X trips in the reverse try having 21 trips travelling the full route in both directions at rush hour. If the 21 ran more often outside rush hour north of yonkers ridership would increase as you will attract some people off the 20 and a group of riders that would normally never use the 20 due to it being so slow. Since the 21 is faster it better resembles the speed of a car so it would attract more potential riders from several demographics. Think about WP as a transit center that indirectly influences the lines that end there. You never know who may transfer from what to reach their destination faster. Think through travelers. The ft hill trips are useless people at rush ignore em north of tuckahoe cause they need to go beyond fort hill there is nothing at fort hill. Better idea cut the circus crap and run those trips to WP and stop messing around you are only pissing people off. There you can interline with other lines minus the long DH. I see a ton of DHs between WP and yonkers here is an idea slap on the #3 and carry people and call it done. Ask the customers about the fort hill trips they will tell you this they are useless. The only short turns needed are at yonkers that's it either you end at yonkers or WP both major destinations. Tuckahoe nothing there but the 8 and foolish 78 extension. cmon man extend 55 beyond cross county to ridge hill let central park ave use 55 to link 20 patrons with ridge hill instead of making 78 backtrack. You can interline if ya want.

Bronx to WP do people really want to sit on the 20 for that long? Think about it? Not happening buddy. I have a question do you know about 19's ridership habits?

Bee-Line is not operated by any company, like the MTA or New Jersey Transit.... All the budget Bee-Line is made out of is the County's budge. The county is using the money on routes with HIGHER demand. Thats why for example the 76 was cut and replaced by the 13. You won't see any adjustments, UNLESS another route gets a change. As Dabo says, most of the ridership is within Yonkers. I've been on all the 20s, and as you get towards the Cross County Center, thats when you see a cluster of seats still available. Move further to Fort Hill Road, thats when its pretty light. Rush hours is the only time you will see seats taken. Even with limited service to the Plains, you won't see a huge amount of people riding the bus.

People who come out of White Plains are mainly those who head to ether Yonkers, New Rochelle, Mount Vernon and the Bronx. Not everyone uses the 20 bus. Especially with the crowd issue at the Raceway. You've got alternatives to the 20, (Yonkers Bound - 1W, 3X, 5, 6/6U), (New Rochelle/Bronx/Mt. Vernon - 40, 41LTD, 60, 62X). Everyone else is ether heading to Tarrytown, Port Chester, WMC/WCC, or North on another route... Now if you need Route 100 service, then you got your 20. The 40/60 gets way more people then the 20 in ways, when leaving the Plains. The 20 is special when it comes to those heading to/from the Bronx and the Raceway.. Same with most of the Shops on Rte 100. Thats when you will see a whole lot of passengers. After every route comes to an end, the 20 is the last route to be in service out of the Plains. Even with that, the route is still light, until you go around Tuckahoe Rd.

For the 21 being fast. While it IS true, but watch when you hit Yonkers Avenue and the Raceway, tell me if you would like to sit on a bus full of people with no leg room around and even delayed service....... Happens a lot of times...

As for all these extensions your bringing up. Again, the Bee-Line budget is pretty much capped off from the county's budge. You wont see any expansions unless another (or even more) routes gets changed... This won't please customers... This is why you still hear people complain about the 76 not running anymore.

WRONG! Bee-lines is currently operated by Liberty lines. This had been the case since Liberty lines itself was a private line.

I know LL operates it, but they don't budget it. Thats coming from Westchester Co.

Bee-Line is not operated by any company, like the MTA or New Jersey Transit.... All the budget Bee-Line is made out of is the County's budge. The county is using the money on routes with HIGHER demand. Thats why for example the 76 was cut and replaced by the 13. You won't see any adjustments, UNLESS another route gets a change. As Dabo says, most of the ridership is within Yonkers. I've been on all the 20s, and as you get towards the Cross County Center, thats when you see a cluster of seats still available. Move further to Fort Hill Road, thats when its pretty light. Rush hours is the only time you will see seats taken. Even with limited service to the Plains, you won't see a huge amount of people riding the bus.

People who come out of White Plains are mainly those who head to ether Yonkers, New Rochelle, Mount Vernon and the Bronx. Not everyone uses the 20 bus. Especially with the crowd issue at the Raceway. You've got alternatives to the 20, (Yonkers Bound - 1W, 3X, 5, 6/6U), (New Rochelle/Bronx/Mt. Vernon - 40, 41LTD, 60, 62X). Everyone else is ether heading to Tarrytown, Port Chester, WMC/WCC, or North on another route... Now if you need Route 100 service, then you got your 20. The 40/60 gets way more people then the 20 in ways, when leaving the Plains. The 20 is special when it comes to those heading to/from the Bronx and the Raceway.. Same with most of the Shops on Rte 100. Thats when you will see a whole lot of passengers. After every route comes to an end, the 20 is the last route to be in service out of the Plains. Even with that, the route is still light, until you go around Tuckahoe Rd.

For the 21 being fast. While it IS true, but watch when you hit Yonkers Avenue and the Raceway, tell me if you would like to sit on a bus full of people with no leg room around and even delayed service....... Happens a lot of times...

As for all these extensions your bringing up. Again, the Bee-Line budget is pretty much capped off from the county's budge. You wont see any expansions unless another (or even more) routes gets changed... This won't please customers... This is why you still hear people complain about the 76 not running anymore.

ERR extensions I don't have many proposed extensions just route segment swapping and switching lines minor stuff. You have a point But I was criticizing the lack if bidirectional 21 service thats all.

Plus the 1W is only used cause the 3 doesn't run if 3 was full time 1W will lose a ton of ridership. Here is an example of what I suggest. 1W & 1T eliminated 3 gains full-time service off-peak extends to plesantville replacing the 6 at rush hour 21 replaces the 6 to plesantville or 6 keeps rush service there. 6 outside rush truncated in WP or rerouted to airport which is 10 mins away use 3 instead. To offset 1 reductions new 3 trips time in yonkers with select 4 trips extended to dobbs ferry or tarrytown. 1 short turns and C trips unchanged. To generate more riders 3 off-peak will go via ridge hill and I-87.

In a nutshell 6's segment to plesantville outside rush hour is transferred to the 3 then 3 gains full time service at 1W/T's expense eliminating 1W/T. While the gaps south of yonkers are covered by powered up 3 and north of yonkers gaps filled by 4 partially. 6 gets shortened thus less runtime and fuel and 4 gets slight boost from getting 1T/W riders. Mostly by using select trips with same resources you speed up travel time while reducing runtime on routes. I do not propose extensions without merger or swap of segment from another line with few exceptions that aren't present in westchester.

The 20 also has TOO MANY STOPS you should not be able to walk for 4 mins and pass by 3 stops that is madness which only makes delays worse when it reaches yonkers ave.

The 20 also has TOO MANY STOPS you should not be able to walk for 4 mins and pass by 3 stops that is madness which only makes delays worse when it reaches yonkers ave.

What does toooooooooo many stops have to do with anything? Other routes have a lot of stops. Lets make it worst... the 14! But by ridership similar to the 20, the 40 and the 60 has a lot of stops as well..

ERR extensions I don't have many proposed extensions just route segment swapping and switching lines minor stuff. You have a point But I was criticizing the lack if bidirectional 21 service thats all.

Plus the 1W is only used cause the 3 doesn't run if 3 was full time 1W will lose a ton of ridership. Here is an example of what I suggest. 1W & 1T eliminated 3 gains full-time service off-peak extends to plesantville replacing the 6 at rush hour 21 replaces the 6 to plesantville or 6 keeps rush service there. 6 outside rush truncated in WP or rerouted to airport which is 10 mins away use 3 instead. To offset 1 reductions new 3 trips time in yonkers with select 4 trips extended to dobbs ferry or tarrytown. 1 short turns and C trips unchanged. To generate more riders 3 off-peak will go via ridge hill and I-87.

In a nutshell 6's segment to plesantville outside rush hour is transferred to the 3 then 3 gains full time service at 1W/T's expense eliminating 1W/T. While the gaps south of yonkers are covered by powered up 3 and north of yonkers gaps filled by 4 partially. 6 gets shortened thus less runtime and fuel and 4 gets slight boost from getting 1T/W riders. Mostly by using select trips with same resources you speed up travel time while reducing runtime on routes. I do not propose extensions without merger or swap of segment from another line with few exceptions that aren't present in westchester.

Ok now your running in circles. The Expresses are mainly used during the Rush hour when ridership is higher. Frankly, I don't see much of high ridership outside RH. The 5/6 I see with a lot of people. Especially those going to Nepperhan Avenue on the 5, and US9 on the 6. Once you get to Broadway/Main, its not that high, even tho people will transfer to a 1 or 2 to head to the Bx. The 1Ws alternative is of course the 6 and the 13, which is good enough at the moment.

I will give you credit for the 1T. I don't see a huge number of people riding that route. Frankly, I would have the 2 bus replace that route, but select trips only. The 1W will still be present.

What does toooooooooo many stops have to do with anything? Other routes have a lot of stops. Lets make it worst... the 14! But by ridership similar to the 20, the 40 and the 60 has a lot of stops as well..

Ok now your running in circles. The Expresses are mainly used during the Rush hour when ridership is higher. Frankly, I don't see much of high ridership outside RH. The 5/6 I see with a lot of people. Especially those going to Nepperhan Avenue on the 5, and US9 on the 6. Once you get to Broadway/Main, its not that high, even tho people will transfer to a 1 or 2 to head to the Bx. The 1Ws alternative is of course the 6 and the 13, which is good enough at the moment.

I will give you credit for the 1T. I don't see a huge number of people riding that route. Frankly, I would have the 2 bus replace that route, but select trips only. The 1W will still be present.

Ok you got me. Yes 3 gains full time service BUT off peak service via ridge hill and replaces 6 north of WP to reduce run time on 6. 1W gets axed completely as well supporting that. I kinda agree with some 2s up there but I was leaning toward the 4 but 2 can work. I would have had 1 completely abolished in the other plan but 2 would replace the 1T&C or the 1C via saw mill parkway yes that part doesn't have structures blocking buses there. 2 will serve ardsley. But I prefer having the 4 replace 1T 1W gets no replacement due to the 13 being there.

1C maybe replaced by some 4 trips while the 2 goes on the parkway from executive blvd then to tarrytown. But your idea works well too.

1W becomes a miserable memory. Cuts offset by enhanced 3/78 1X becomes more frequent but remains at rush hr. Off peak 1X folk can get 78. (Select turn into north westchester expresses (midday only) partial of 77. ) NOT sure of the last part.

Ok you got me. Yes 3 gains full time service BUT off peak service via ridge hill and replaces 6 north of WP to reduce run time on 6. 1W gets axed completely as well supporting that. I kinda agree with some 2s up there but I was leaning toward the 4 but 2 can work. I would have had 1 completely abolished in the other plan but 2 would replace the 1T&C or the 1C via saw mill parkway yes that part doesn't have structures blocking buses there. 2 will serve ardsley. But I prefer having the 4 replace 1T 1W gets no replacement due to the 13 being there.

1C maybe replaced by some 4 trips while the 2 goes on the parkway from executive blvd then to tarrytown. But your idea works well too.

1W becomes a miserable memory. Cuts offset by enhanced 3/78 1X becomes more frequent but remains at rush hr. Off peak 1X folk can get 78. (Select turn into north westchester expresses (midday only) partial of 77. ) NOT sure of the last part.

OMG !

OMG !

Interesting reaction LOL :lol::lol::lol:B-) Nuff said However I wasn't sure about the last part at all. B-)

I was leaning toward 1C And and short turns absorbed by select 4s. And 2 absorb some 1T via indirect routing as stated before. Ridership on 1 past dobbs ferry is dismal on both 1W and T.

@famous I suggested it in response to 20's unreliability and uselessness of 20X which should instead be a full blown 21. 20X at rush is almost never on-time.

The trips will alternate between 4 and 2 along saw mill to westchester medical. 55 via ridge hill and central park ave towards ardsley then tarrytown via broadway. Mark has a point. I don't think I mastered it yet as I am undecided.

BRT likely means federal funding, that is probably why the 21 replacement BRT will run all day (and the current 21 can't). Just like how the old Bx12 LTD didn't run that late into the evening, but the Bx12 SBS can.

Running the 40 to the Bronx all times would be a better use of funds then making the 3 full time (though the 1W should get Sunday service). Improving 40/41 service to the Bronx, that would get some passengers from WP off the 20/21 (much faster too, the off peak 40 is usually just as quick as the 41, or even quicker).

The 20 should expand its Cross County hours during the holidays for those who have to work late (and the late shoppers) since many people could be stranded, unless they walk around to the other side to get the 20 back to the Bronx. The 20 could run between Yonkers and the Bronx until around 2:30am-3:00am to pick up the workers and others who leave at 2am or later.

BRT likely means federal funding, that is probably why the 21 replacement BRT will run all day (and the current 21 can't). Just like how the old Bx12 LTD didn't run that late into the evening, but the Bx12 SBS can.

Running the 40 to the Bronx all times would be a better use of funds then making the 3 full time (though the 1W should get Sunday service). Improving 40/41 service to the Bronx, that would get some passengers from WP off the 20/21 (much faster too, the off peak 40 is usually just as quick as the 41, or even quicker).

The 20 should expand its Cross County hours during the holidays for those who have to work late (and the late shoppers) since many people could be stranded, unless they walk around to the other side to get the 20 back to the Bronx. The 20 could run between Yonkers and the Bronx until around 2:30am-3:00am to pick up the workers and others who leave at 2am or later.

OHH IC that is why BRT will be full time and 21 won't ok it is clear to me now thanks.

My plan makes 40 run to the bronx full-time. But the 3 full-time will serve ridge hill at off peak. But 1W will get axed completely. Off-peak 3s will replace 6 north of white plains to cut down on mileage. People HATE 1W so I would not even consider it an option to travel between white plains and yonkers. 6 &5 are slow but are still slightly faster than 1W. The 1T&W gotta go bye bye. Boost 13 for those in need of it. Replace 1T with extended 4 trips many will end in dobbs ferry. Some 4 trips will replace 1C as well. The 55 will extend to tarrytown via ridge hill and I-87 to benedict or just express. Or off-peak via ardsley and broadway with rush hour 2s doing that with 55 express at rush hr. Not decided with 55/2 idea so don't quote me on it. South of yonkers to the bronx elimination of 1 offset by full-time 3 and 2 enhancements or extension of the 6 to 242nd (1) to close the service gaps. But I think 2& powered up 3 are enough as 1X gets a boost but remains rush hour only as 78 will provide off-peak service.

OHH IC that is why BRT will be full time and 21 won't ok it is clear to me now thanks.

My plan makes 40 run to the bronx full-time. But the 3 full-time will serve ridge hill at off peak. But 1W will get axed completely. Off-peak 3s will replace 6 north of white plains to cut down on mileage. People HATE 1W so I would not even consider it an option to travel between white plains and yonkers. 6 &5 are slow but are still slightly faster than 1W. The 1T&W gotta go bye bye. Boost 13 for those in need of it. Replace 1T with extended 4 trips many will end in dobbs ferry. Some 4 trips will replace 1C as well. The 55 will extend to tarrytown via ridge hill and I-87 to benedict or just express. Or off-peak via ardsley and broadway with rush hour 2s doing that with 55 express at rush hr. Not decided with 55/2 idea so don't quote me on it. South of yonkers to the bronx elimination of 1 offset by full-time 3 and 2 enhancements or extension of the 6 to 242nd (1) to close the service gaps. But I think 2& powered up 3 are enough as 1X gets a boost but remains rush hour only as 78 will provide off-peak service.

Not gonna answer all this.... Since I already gone through all this about spending... But the 5 being slow?!?! Bro I know you have all these ideas, but I'm very curious on how many times during the year you ride a BL bus. Since some of these ideas are gonna cost $$$$ and doesn't make sense.

Going back to the 5 being slow, the 5 is NOT slow. Matter of fact, I'll take that over a 1 or a 6 to get from WP to/from Yonkers. The 5 is pretty fast going down NY9A (Saw Mill River Rd). Just gotta deal with about a nice 15-20min on NY119, before heading the "Express" like service.. For the Harrison portion, I can't give an answer... Never been on that portion. The 6 would come out second behind it, since it sticks to NY100B (Dobbs Ferry Rd), after NY119, which skips Elmsford, and head down 9A to Ardsley Ave and heads to Yonkers towards US9. The 1W ill place that on 3rd... Takes much more time compared to the 5/6..

BTW who are the people who hate the 1W? Frankly, if you needed Getty Sq service, there is the 5 / 6... The 5 is about 50min from the Plains to the Square... The 3 would be about 15-20min less... But even that the 5 is not toooooooooo long of a ride...

Now... for those who need service to the Bronx, you won't be seeing a high amount of passengers needing service from the Plains to Van Cortlandt on the 1. Most riders from the Bronx are mainly those going to Yonkers, except some folks going to/from the Plains for work. Mainly routes like the 20 / 60 you would have riders stay on to get to the Bronx. Thats why, you see those routes operating everyday.

Not gonna answer all this.... Since I already gone through all this about spending... But the 5 being slow?!?! Bro I know you have all these ideas, but I'm very curious on how many times during the year you ride a BL bus. Since some of these ideas are gonna cost $$$$ and doesn't make sense.

Going back to the 5 being slow, the 5 is NOT slow. Matter of fact, I'll take that over a 1 or a 6 to get from WP to/from Yonkers. The 5 is pretty fast going down NY9A (Saw Mill River Rd). Just gotta deal with about a nice 15-20min on NY119, before heading the "Express" like service.. For the Harrison portion, I can't give an answer... Never been on that portion. The 6 would come out second behind it, since it sticks to NY100B (Dobbs Ferry Rd), after NY119, which skips Elmsford, and head down 9A to Ardsley Ave and heads to Yonkers towards US9. The 1W ill place that on 3rd... Takes much more time compared to the 5/6..

BTW who are the people who hate the 1W? Frankly, if you needed Getty Sq service, there is the 5 / 6... The 5 is about 50min from the Plains to the Square... The 3 would be about 15-20min less... But even that the 5 is not toooooooooo long of a ride...

Now... for those who need service to the Bronx, you won't be seeing a high amount of passengers needing service from the Plains to Van Cortlandt on the 1. Most riders from the Bronx are mainly those going to Yonkers, except some folks going to/from the Plains for work. Mainly routes like the 20 / 60 you would have riders stay on to get to the Bronx. Thats why, you see those routes operating everyday.

I never said 5 was slow though. I said it's slower than 3 when compared. But by itself its fast. Most of my proposals manipulate DHs so $$$$ won't be a problem.

Elimination of the 1 means as you said some 2s replace the 1T but some select 4s will extend to dobbs ferry Or replace the 1C don't expect a service boost I said select 4s and 2s. Most trips on 4 may not change or only extend to dobbs ferry.

3 gains service offsetting the elimination of the 1W completely Off-peak service will stop at ridge hill generating ridership and will replace 6 between pleasantville and WP saving $$$$ and mileage.

78 loses segment between central park ave and ridge hill that segment transferred to 55 giving 55 a ridership boost.

(55 may replace 13's ossining service )(NOT SURE ON the one in ().

78 will be like an off-peak 1X it will augment 1X to westchester community college and medical center. (something else to merge and canabalize another line not yet but I think medical is good enough) Eliminates those DHs from medical center to yonkers!!!!! This manipulates current resources.

52 can be canned BUT 43 can replace it it's rush hour service to subway will not change. These are new 43s 52 gone 43 replaces 52 south of Mt vernon. 43 will go express to the medical center BUT replaces 15 between medical center and pleasantville then replaces 19 between ossining and pleasantville absorbing them and running full-time.

New 43 Ossining to Mt vernon via pleasantville and westchester medical and express add a stop on central park ave at midland and palmer. Or don't bother on central park I saw it's routing so that's why.

All 40/41 extend to the bronx. But Select 42 replace 52 between bronxville and mt vernon select trips. Off-set by 40 extension. 52 and 15 axed offset by 43 enhancement. If most of 19 ridership is between pleasantville and ossining then well whatever. Or reroute but if all ridership does that it is gone. I did observe FULL 19 at Mt kisco so not sure I was shocked.

Something will replace 15 but not now this is all hint it is shown somewhere here.

I do however want to learn about the 14 I noticed many people use it within northern westchester from peeskill to croton or montrose and only use it to ossining. Elaborate more on it please.

If it wasn't for the fact that I just got out of the hospital, I would write a missive in responsce to this multi million$$ proposal with very little ridership.

Wow man, didn't know you were in the Hospital. Hope things are going well for you!

And yes, while it would be awesome in certain peoples mine to propose a load of ideas, it just won't work in reality. Maybe SOME of it, IF it benefits others and the funding is available.

I never said 5 was slow though. I said it's slower than 3 when compared. But by itself its fast. Most of my proposals manipulate DHs so $$$$ won't be a problem.

You said nothing about the 3 related to the 5/6 in your post... But 1 White Plains yes..

And yeah of course the 3 is fast, its an Express route.....

As for all the other "improvements"... I'm not gonna answer. Money is being thrown with all these configuration.

I WILL give you credit though, on the 40 heading to the Bronx all times (not just Rush hours). This will give relief to the 42 bus and lessing the transfering between the 40 / 42 at Mount Vernon... Since there ARE Bronx riders who come off the 40 as well. The 41... eh its good during RH...

And for the 14................ Yeah Ill just keep my mouth shut with that route, you take a ride on it LOLz.... The only thing I'll say, it isn't a REALLY heavy route... Just moderate to low in most portions of it. You get a ride on it and see what you think. Been there plenty!

Wow man, didn't know you were in the Hospital. Hope things are going well for you!

And yes, while it would be awesome in certain peoples mine to propose a load of ideas, it just won't work in reality. Maybe SOME of it, IF it benefits others and the funding is available.

You said nothing about the 3 related to the 5/6 in your post... But 1 White Plains yes..

And yeah of course the 3 is fast, its an Express route.....

As for all the other "improvements"... I'm not gonna answer. Money is being thrown with all these configuration.

I WILL give you credit though, on the 40 heading to the Bronx all times (not just Rush hours). This will give relief to the 42 bus and lessing the transfering between the 40 / 42 at Mount Vernon... Since there ARE Bronx riders who come off the 40 as well. The 41... eh its good during RH...

And for the 14................ Yeah Ill just keep my mouth shut with that route, you take a ride on it LOLz.... The only thing I'll say, it isn't a REALLY heavy route... Just moderate to low in most portions of it. You get a ride on it and see what you think. Been there plenty!

Just as I suspected.

78 loses segment between central park ave and ridge hill that segment transferred to 55 giving 55 a ridership boost.

(55 may replace 13's ossining service )(NOT SURE ON the one in ().

52 can be canned BUT 43 can replace it it's rush hour service to subway will not change. These are new 43s 52 gone 43 replaces 52 south of Mt vernon. 43 will go express to the medical center BUT replaces 15 between medical center and pleasantville then replaces 19 between ossining and pleasantville absorbing them and running full-time.

New 43 Ossining to Mt vernon via pleasantville and westchester medical and express add a stop on central park ave at midland and palmer. Or don't bother on central park I saw it's routing so that's why.

All 40/41 extend to the bronx. But Select 42 replace 52 between bronxville and mt vernon select trips. Off-set by 40 extension. 52 and 15 axed offset by 43 enhancement.

Wow.

The 55 route is mainly a commuter route. Surprisingly, the 55 is crowded during the rush hour segments. I can only imagine how much longer that route would be if it ran to Ridge Hill. How would your theory handle the shift of passengers from the 7 route?

The 52 most certianly does not need to be canned. This route lacks ridership during off-peak hours, but is used as supplemental 55 service during the rush hour at Dyre Ave.

What's wrong with leaving the 40/41/42/43 alone? The 40 is jammed packed in the morinings by the time it hits Columbus Ave, which is only 9 stops after it's originating point. If you add additional 40 service along 1st street, it COULD deter people from the Mount Vernon West train Station, thus making more of a nightmare.

The 41 is perfect, although I do see the need for some NB9am-12pm/SB1-3PM service, as mid-day service on the 40 can be very slow. Correct me if I'm mistaken, all but one 43 originates from 241st? The 43 should stay as is, a supplement EXPRESS service for those travelling from WMC to Mount Vernon and Bronx.

Wow.

The 55 route is mainly a commuter route. Surprisingly, the 55 is crowded during the rush hour segments. I can only imagine how much longer that route would be if it ran to Ridge Hill. How would your theory handle the shift of passengers from the 7 route? huh the 7? well we will have to see how crowded it gets.

The 52 most certianly does not need to be canned. This route lacks ridership during off-peak hours, but is used as supplemental 55 service during the rush hour at Dyre Ave.

What's wrong with leaving the 40/41/42/43 alone? The 40 is jammed packed in the morinings by the time it hits Columbus Ave, which is only 9 stops after it's originating point. If you add additional 40 service along 1st street, it COULD deter people from the Mount Vernon West train Station, thus making more of a nightmare.

The 41 is perfect, although I do see the need for some NB9am-12pm/SB1-3PM service, as mid-day service on the 40 can be very slow. Correct me if I'm mistaken, all but one 43 originates from 241st? The 43 should stay as is, a supplement EXPRESS service for those travelling from WMC to Mount Vernon and Bronx.

Err the 40 can't be compared to the 20 is speed LOL I don't think it's slow enough. The 52 doesn't need to be canned it is getting canned so 43 can gain service making it open door and acting as a replacement then replacing the 19 in ossining and parts of the 15 thus canning the 15. A midday stop at ridge hill may drive up ridership but with 55 that may be unnecessary The current 43 trips at 241st won't change but the additional service added and full time service will replace southern 52 branch creating a faster ride so those going the full route do not need to occupy the bus. Intermittent stops I haven't found yet but will report back once I find a good one.

Well 55 handling the crowds we will see how much more people use it then adjust service accordingly. the 40 extension well side effect of select 42s handling northern segment of 52

What I mean't about the 7 was, if you change the 55 to dive deeper into Yonkers, you'd have two competing routes. Also, you'd have to address the clearance issue--the 55 travels through many tight areas in Mount Vernon and I can't imagine throwing any Neoplan's on that route.

What customer would the full-time semi-express Ossining Bound 43 serve?

What I mean't about the 7 was, if you change the 55 to dive deeper into Yonkers, you'd have two competing routes. Also, you'd have to address the clearance issue--the 55 travels through many tight areas in Mount Vernon and I can't imagine throwing any Neoplan's on that route.

What customer would the full-time semi-express Ossining Bound 43 serve?

former 52 customers and customers to the medical center and pleasantville as well as those heading to ossining and former 19 patrons up there and possibly new riders taking cars off the road BUT bee-line needs to reduce the govoner limit and allow buses to go 60 MPH on all express routes. Intermittent riders to ridge hill will benefit and some discount deals at shopping centers for transit users can increase ridership. In addition to current 43 users with this you will never have people using 40 end to end again.

55 extension is to ridge hill 7 goes nowhere near ridge hill how do they compete?

The 40 should run to 241 St a lot more than it does now, the first weekday trip can get those without cars from NYC to White Plains before 6am. Even Metro North can't do that. That 40/42 transfer discourages ridership to/from 241 St.

All 41 trips should obviously run to 241 St

At least all run offs/put ins should run to/from 241 St. If the 43 can do that, so should the 40 and all 41 trips. When the 41 is running, only select 40 buses would run to/from 241 St. The 40 bus jammed? This must be after the 41 stops running after 8am.

How many 40 riders are using those local stops between 8-9am? Maybe some of those 40 buses could become 41 buses and start from 241 St (depending upon if enough passengers are going straight to White Plains/WCC/WCMC).

The 40 should run to 241 St a lot more than it does now, the first weekday trip can get those without cars from NYC to White Plains before 6am. Even Metro North can't do that. That 40/42 transfer discourages ridership to/from 241 St.

All 41 trips should obviously run to 241 St

At least all run offs/put ins should run to/from 241 St. If the 43 can do that, so should the 40 and all 41 trips. When the 41 is running, only select 40 buses would run to/from 241 St. The 40 bus jammed? This must be after the 41 stops running after 8am.

How many 40 riders are using those local stops between 8-9am? Maybe some of those 40 buses could become 41 buses and start from 241 St (depending upon if enough passengers are going straight to White Plains/WCC/WCMC).

41 is not that much faster than the 40 it's overkill. However I admit not many as 40 service in the 41's direction is weak in am rush. That transfer is annoying my completed plan eliminates this.

Archived