Service Increase

jacsnyy

At Union Square today, I saw the poster for the increase of service on the (M), (B), and (W). It's going to be nice to take the Brighton Express after 9:30PM. What exactly is being changed about the (M)? It wasn't very clear to me on the poster.

At Union Square today, I saw the poster for the increase of service on the (M), (B), and (W). It's going to be nice to take the Brighton Express after 9:30PM. What exactly is being changed about the (M)? It wasn't very clear to me on the poster.

Just check this link:

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/releases/?en=080724-NYCT110

Or check this site's NYCTF Press Realease Forums Center

Probably yes. The Whitehall stop is pretty congested already. The Sea Beach line has some gaps for the (W)s from Kings Highway, Stillwell, and Gravesend-86th.

There are about 2-3 (W)s running via Sea Beach.

That's what I think, but I might be wrong.

Wow, looks like they might bring more service. One thing I wanna know, is it true the first 3 (W)'s and last 3 (W)'s run down the Sea Beach?

Probably yes. The Whitehall stop is pretty congested already. The Sea Beach line has some gaps for the (W)s from Kings Highway, Stillwell, and Gravesend-86th.

There are about 2-3 (W)s running via Sea Beach.

That's what I think, but I might be wrong.

Yes it is true that the first 3 sets of (W) runs local from Kings Highway via Whitehall and then into Queens in the morning. In the evening it's the other wya around. the last 3 sets of (W) go to 86th St. or Kings Highway again via Whitehall. It does not go all the way to Stillwell so it doesn't have to waste time backing and laying up. It is also a way for 4th Avenue Riders to go to Sea beach on the local tracks, without transfering. The trains are mostly R160B becuase they are supplement from the (N)

Yes it is true that the first 3 sets of (W) runs local from Kings Highway via Whitehall and then into Queens in the morning. In the evening it's the other wya around. the last 3 sets of (W) go to 86th St. or Kings Highway again via Whitehall. It does not go all the way to Stillwell so it doesn't have to waste time backing and laying up. It is also a way for 4th Avenue Riders to go to Sea beach on the local tracks, without transfering. The trains are mostly R160B becuase they are supplement from the (N)

Some (W) trains go to Brooklyn in the morning and evening,and terminate at Kings Hwy Via Sea Beach?? :confused:

Never knew that!! They should put it on the map!

i know

here:The (W) runs weekdays only from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (6:00 to 21:50) as an entirely local service from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard in Queens to Whitehall Street–South Ferry in Lower Manhattan. The first three trains, however, enter service at Gravesend–86th Street and the last three trains of the night continue in service to Kings Highway. These trips run local in Brooklyn.The service passes under the East River in the 60th Street Tunnel.

go on trip planner and check with that passage i gave to you

i know

here:The (W) runs weekdays only from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (6:00 to 21:50) as an entirely local service from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard in Queens to Whitehall Street–South Ferry in Lower Manhattan. The first three trains, however, enter service at Gravesend–86th Street and the last three trains of the night continue in service to Kings Highway. These trips run local in Brooklyn.The service passes under the East River in the 60th Street Tunnel.

go on trip planner and check with that passage i gave to you

What passage?

Yup starting the 27th we started our new pick (New Pick means C/R and T/O's pick their new jobs specifically what line and what time they start.) the pick had extended service in the (B), (M), and (W).

Can't wait to be doing those night express runs on the (B). B)

Yup starting the 27th we started our new pick (New Pick means C/R and T/O's pick their new jobs specifically what line and what time they start.) the pick had extended service in the (B), (M), and (W).

Can't wait to be doing those night express runs on the (B). B)

Ur lucky ur a T/O on the (B). I would of love to operate those 40Ms or 68s.

It looks like they messed up extending hours on the (B) Line. There is something that everyone overlooked including me. Since (B)(C) trains are running local along Central PK West after 9PM its making it hard for the Garbage train to pick up the local stops. So they picked the Express only but that rerouted (A)(D) service on the Local with the (B)(C) service so first night the road got jacked up at 9PM and also there is a another Garbage train the Picks up along 6 AV which made the Delays on the Brooklyn Bound (D) service worst since (B) trains were added to the mix.

Hopefully the figure something out for the rest of the week / Pick.

Archived