This is West 4th Street...

Quill Depot

What I see when I walk down the platform. Well, enjoy!

8400001485_3479eec400_c.jpg

8400001389_ab4e350fe5_c.jpg

8400001119_d8e3a35290_c.jpg

View a panning shot and some more on my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/quilldepot/
If you like, well like. Also favorite these in Flickr and/or add me as a contact.

Good shots of two stations I'm at pretty much daily. Apparently West 4th, I was reading, has the most crime of any station in the subway, which doesn't make sense to me...

lol... It does to me... That West 8th exit is especially sketchy... Right across the street from those XXX shops... I'm sure some dealing is done right over there.  Just looks like that type of spot.

There is drug dealing going on there right outside that exit. I've seen it. Also I've read a news article in the NY Post about a bust in a pizza shop where a dealer was arrested and charged with drug possession. He must have had about 20 bags of weed and a large amount of crack cocaine.  There is still heavy prostitution there in that area sad enough even now, that will make you cringe. That is happening at some of the bars, theatres and some of those seedy clubs I vehemently avoid if I'm in the Village.

It's good to know your area so as to avoid trouble.

There is drug dealing going on there right outside that exit. I've seen it. Also I've read a news article in the NY Post about a bust in a pizza shop where a dealer was arrested and charged with drug possession. He must have had about 20 bags of weed and a large amount of crack cocaine.  But it mostly has to do with illegal drug sale activity and the situations associated with it. There is still heavy prostitution there in that area sad enough even now, that will make you cringe. That is happening at some of the bars, theatres and some of those seedy clubs I vehemently avoid if I'm in the Village.

HA! Not at all surprised.... There's actually a bar on one of those side streets that makes some killer burgers right by the West ... Gotta look for the name of it...  There's a few spots over there also right near the West 3rd street entrance which was the one that really stuck out when I was talking about the XXX shops and the dealing, but yeah I could see that over by the West 8th street entrance too... That's all the same station and it all have the same vibe...

A few spots I've been to...  The Fat Black Pussycat  :lol: and this frigging other bar... What's the name of it... 

Thunder Jackson's on Bleeker Street or Off The wagon on MacDougal St? The wings and burgers are slamming! I definitely recommend going to those joints.

There's a bar I go to sometimes called The Slaughtered Lamb, which has a professional atmosphere, that I go to sometimes for happy hour. A fellow tech and some medical students introduced me to that one years ago.

Oh yeah Fat Black Pussycat! It's on that curved street, think it's Third Street, been there once. They have live bands playing there, reggae, garage, etc. There is another place called Fat Cat but that's by almost Christopher Street but it's a lounge not a bar.

lol... It does to me... That West 8th exit is especially sketchy... Right across the street from those XXX shops... I'm sure some dealing is done right over there.  Just looks like that type of spot.

There is drug dealing going on there right outside that exit. I've seen it. Also I've read a news article in the NY Post about a bust in a pizza shop where a dealer was arrested and charged with drug possession. He must have had about 20 bags of weed and a large amount of crack cocaine.  There is still heavy prostitution there in that area sad enough even now, that will make you cringe. That is happening at some of the bars, theatres and some of those seedy clubs I vehemently avoid if I'm in the Village.

The 8th Street exit on the N/B platform is okay... just get past the dealers fast.

Bah, I've been taking that exit for decades! Dealers like those guys don't phase me, never have. Now, if I see somebody pull a knife or a gun we out, but when you're in the Village as much as I am, a bag of weed doesn't phase you as much as it used to. Heck, I was in Union Square the other day taking my grandmother out to lunch, she's used to it too so we sat down next to a deal going down, guy on my right just had a whole set of shrooms, pot, etc. all lined up on the bench with a customer there. You get used to it haha. For me, it's the West 3rd spot where you gotta walk a little more carefully, that's less drugs and more physical, lots of stabbings and such over there by that McDonald's if you're there late at night.

Fat Cat on Christopher is alright, Fat Black Pussycat always seems a little sleazier to me...

Bah, I've been taking that exit for decades! Dealers like those guys don't phase me, never have. Now, if I see somebody pull a knife or a gun we out, but when you're in the Village as much as I am, a bag of weed doesn't phase you as much as it used to. Heck, I was in Union Square the other day taking my grandmother out to lunch, she's used to it too so we sat down next to a deal going down, guy on my right just had a whole set of shrooms, pot, etc. all lined up on the bench with a customer there. You get used to it haha. For me, it's the West 3rd spot where you gotta walk a little more carefully, that's less drugs and more physical, lots of stabbings and such over there by that McDonald's if you're there late at night.

Fat Cat on Christopher is alright, Fat Black Pussycat always seems a little sleazier to me...

LOL... I know what you mean... It's just that the West 4th street station has always been sleazy, even as the Village has become the "in" place to be. Hell I've hit a mini bong right on the Highline there with friends and didn't have a care in the world, so I don't mind it either so long as I'm not eating or anything.

Fat Black Pussycat is a bit sleazier, but the times that I've been there we've usually had our own separate suite so I couldn't get a true feel for the vibe of the place overall but when you walk in though it does feel sleazy.

Archived