SCT Direction from Walt Whitman Mall/Babylon Station to Smith Haven Mall

FamousNYLover

I plan to visit Lake Grove Whole Foods near Smith Haven Mall to check on food products that my mom and I depends. I might properly do this on Thursday before Long Island Bus Riders Union's Anniversary Party.

Can anyone suggest me what bus routes I should take?

I call in Suffolk County Transit and friendly female customer representative sent me options.

From Babylon Station:

Take S27 to Brenwood Station for 3D bus.

Take S42 to Central Islip Station for 3D bus.

From Walt Whitman Mall:

Take S54 to Commack Shopping Center for S58.

Is possible to save $2.25 by after giving 25 cent with MTA Transfer from NICE Bus?

- Don't know the answer to your last question... someone else will have to answer that for you....

- As for how to get to that whole foods across from smith haven.... You can't go wrong with either of the Babylon options (if you're trying to save money by not riding the LIRR further east), but for you I'd suggest taking the S42 to LIRR central islip for the 3d..... You might get scared waiting at Brentwood for the 3d after having come off the S27....

I wouldn't suggest being bothered w/ the S54 or the S58 for an actual commute, let alone being bothered with both the S54 & the S58 for an actual commute..... they're on the lower end of the totem pole when it comes to reliability of routes out there, in my opinion anyway....

Personally, I would just ride out to Ronkonkoma & wait for the S57 or the S59 & call it a day.....

I would suck it up and use S58 from smithtown. Or Ronkonkoma for S57/59 famousNY yuki if you don't have the money DO NOT MAKE THE TRIP!!!! Seriously stop being so cheap if you can't afford it don't do it. If you can go for it manage your money better.

It's none of your business to tell people what to do with their money. If he can only afford to go by the cheapest method, then so be it. At least he's providing a few extra dollars in revenue to the transit agencies.

For the hell of it, I might as well list out a couple of more options (even though like B35 said, going through Babylon is probably best):

S27 to Oser Avenue for the S62

S54 to Commack for the S56 (if it comes before the S58)

The S62 is a long route, so it's probably unreliable (it starts in Hauppauge, but it could be late from a previous trip). The S56 could be a backup to the S58, but if you're going through Babylon, then it's not worth it.

As far as the transfer goes, I think you'd have to give up the transfer from NICE to the first SCT driver, so you'd have to pay anyway for the second SCT bus. So at best, you save $0.25.

It's none of your business to tell people what to do with their money. If he can only afford to go by the cheapest method, then so be it. At least he's providing a few extra dollars in revenue to the transit agencies.

For the hell of it, I might as well list out a couple of more options (even though like B35 said, going through Babylon is probably best):

The S62 is a long route, so it's probably unreliable (it starts in Hauppauge, but it could be late from a previous trip). The S56 could be a backup to the S58, but if you're going through Babylon, then it's not worth it.

As far as the transfer goes, I think you'd have to give up the transfer from NICE to the first SCT driver, so you'd have to pay anyway for the second SCT bus. So at best, you save $0.25.

You misread the information.

I meant I will give Paper Transfer to first SCT Bus, then paid 25 cent fee for SCT Transfer for 2nd SCT Bus.

I would suck it up and use S58 from smithtown. Or Ronkonkoma for S57/59......

(you) Forgot about the 56; You can catch the S56 or the S58 coming off LIRR smithtown...

I wouldn't bother w/ this option towards smith haven b/c of the xfer at huntington towards smithtown off the LIRR....

Forget disembarking at oser av itself.... Reason being - only certain trips on the 62 run out to hauppauge industrial park... that, and you're better off waiting at one of the county offices for the bus....

You may as well suggest that he take the S27 (from Babylon) to the county offices for the S62.... that works too, If he wants to avoid the main line.....

But since he's so stuck on NICE as of late, I can see yuki getting off at hicksville & doing the N79 > S54 > S56/58 option (assuming he wants to allocate that much time for such a trip).....

side note: SCT really should consider sending the 56 to whitman mall; you shouldn't have to take the 54 that distance for another bus to get to smith haven from that part of the county....

I most likely doing n4 to n19, then S27/S42 to #3D.

After Whole Foods, take #58 to #54 for n79 to n22/n24 to Mineola for n40/n41 bus because LIBRU's anniversary party don't start until 6:00pm.

Wait a minute, this is part of a fantrip you plan on doing this on?

I thought you were specifically asking for an actual commute dedicated to going out there to check out that particular whole foods....

Wait a minute, this is part of a fantrip you plan on doing this on?

I thought you were specifically asking for an actual commute dedicated to going out there to check out that particular whole foods....

since when has yuki considered a fast practical travel option? He makes my secret shop commute trips look sane. At least I use the most efficient modes to get around between locations.

since when has yuki considered a fast practical travel option?

He makes my secret shop commute trips look sane. At least I use the most efficient modes to get around between locations.

You... have... a... point there...

Suffolk County Transit are much better than NICE Bus.

I end up taking late S62 Happague suggested by S56 driver and he told me S62 will catch up S54. I'll explain later.

That's shocking to hear you say that.

I've always favored SCT over LIB anyway..... The fact that they can (and do) radio drivers to hold tight at a certain spot so a trailing bus on another route can catch up for xfer purposes I've always liked about SCT.....

You... have... a... point there...

That's shocking to hear you say that.

I've always favored SCT over LIB anyway..... The fact that they can (and do) radio drivers to hold tight at a certain spot so a trailing bus on another route can catch up for xfer purposes I've always liked about SCT.....

one of the few things they do right LOL.

Archived