Some NICE Photos from Long Island!

error46146

I know this thread is about NICE, but I just wanted to say cool catch of SCT #5013 on the S40. Normally that bus is assigned to and runs on routes out of Suffolk Bus Corp's Ronkonkoma Yard, its a real oddity to see it running out of SBC's Bay Shore Yard.

Great photos!! These NICE buses are looking very nice!

I didn't know there was a Suffolk County, I didn't know it was a separate transit agency. 

Yeah Suffolk County owns its own bus system since 1980/1981 and the buses, but contracts out to four bus companies to operate it. (Down from six operators, which is also down from a high of eleven operaotors)

Thanks for the NICE comments everyone :)

No I did not see 1808

The buses I saw at Babylon were operated by EBT Inc

5013 is and has always been operated by Suffolk Bus Corp, I have no idea why it's not written on the side of the bus, it use to be a regular on the S66 until the Orion VII's came. The S40 has also been operated by Suffolk Bus Corp since Suffolk County took over all bus operations in 1981. (The S40 is the oldest contracted route, as it was first contracted out in 1973 after MSBA cut the N19. MSBA was also the first contractor of the route until 1975, then the contract went to Alert Bus until 1977 when it went back to MSBA until 1981.)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived